Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Replacement pak... some old models, some NEW SOUNDS  (Read 5308 times)
[BTF]Jehar
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 1

« on: March 25, 2008, 09:54:52 PM »

This was put together for the purpose of being put on a server, but since some of the material is actually original and new, I figured I would forward this to you all:

List of changes:
+Replacement models of the Shotgun, Lightning Gun, and Plasma Gun
                Credits are within the pack, and are unchanged from the packs I got them from.
+New quad sound (edited by myself)
+New armor pickup sounds (edited by myself)
+New haste pickup sound (edited by myself)

Most of the sound clips are from open fx sites such as flashkit or opensound. None of the sounds are included as is, and most took a great deal of editing (especially the armor sounds, which are mixed from 3 tracks with heavy modification - took a few hours). The quad sound is as close of a duplication to the q2\3 quad sound as I felt comfortable going. I think it's a note or two down, and a tad shorter. The armor sounds were made to bring some heavy feelings into the game (as should be Smiley ). The haste sound was just because someone noted that one didn't exist yet, so it was a quickie.
The models were selected to get rid of the toyish feeling inherent in the default ones, and to bring some badassery back into the game.

I can only take credit for the presentation and cleanup (such as script, model cleanup, sound editing, etc) so that everything fits into OA smoothly. There was an issue with one of the shotgun md3's that was changing the gun fov of just about everything else, for example. Any bugs should be removed by now, but I'll be sure to pay attention to any more that come up.

As stated before, I can only take credit for presentation. There was work involved, yes, but little of the actual content stemmed from me. They're for use in enjoying the game - that's it.

On with the link: http://jehar.tastyspleen.net/openarena/jeh_beta1.pk3
skankychicken
Lesser Nub

Cakes 1

OpenArena 1.0.0 - /cg_roaminganimals 1 ; /cg_flipf

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 08:00:11 PM »

Very nice and thank you.  Cheesy

Snickersnack

Cakes 1

obnoxious OA fan

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 08:38:49 PM »

Neat stuff Jehar! I really like the haste sound.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: