Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: CTF MAP: Inner Yard  (Read 42422 times)
Michael Eh?
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2009, 09:33:39 PM »

I played solo with v3 and I do like the multiple paths to get to the flags.  I would put team spawn on multiple levels within each base. I need to play more to decide what else needs to be done but it's looking good.

---mike---
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2009, 04:43:38 AM »

Although I committed this already and after talking about it yesterday night it is time to release another beta with latest changes for testing purposes. Smiley
download (Save link as...)

Put ctf_inyard_v3_b2.pk3 into your baseoa folder and run it either via skirmish menu or by typing /map ctf_inyard_v3
(change gametype accordingly)

changelog:
    * additional spawnpoints
    * added a torch at the now blocked hallways
    * visual polish and other compile options
    * rocketlauncher in the central yard near MH
    * music (sonic1) meta entry in worldspawn
    * alphamod yard ground texture, the evil skull is shown there Wink
    * roof to main platform added so it is becoming a balcony
    * no railgun slugs anymore
    * armor shards added to lower floor
    * additional dom points

thanks to Neon_Knight and Michael Eh. Harvester obelisk was located down in the yard all the time. Wink Same goes for player spawns on every level in each base. Most of them are in the main flagroom. That is why it is not obvious.

Looking forward to receive even more hints on improving it.

- HUNT HIGHSCORES - mapping - xmpp://cosmo@spaceboyz.net
Michael Eh?
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2009, 08:37:32 AM »

I'll give it a go. 

What we really need is a Beta-only server to large scale testing for maps and mods and only after it reaches past Alpha here in the forums.

---mike---
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2009, 09:05:40 AM »

I've made two unofficial patches with the actual SVNC stuff, OAXb41, and some extra things (the SP cosmo & I were doing, the latest versions of my maps and some of cosmo) to make helping easier, and to show that there's still development in work. Some players (feidi, MIOW, Ivan, cosmo I guess) have actually get both, but I'm having doubts about if I should post them here.

Here's the readme file about what's on those patches. Things can change, and the patches themselves too. (There's a v2 of the first patch, since I forgot to put the license file inside of it -.-)

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2009, 03:17:56 PM »

It's better now ... nice job
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2009, 10:49:50 AM »

If you play a match against human foes I'd be interested in a demo.

One thing: Having a single railgun on the center of the maps upper platform instead of two near each base is not a good idea because easier domination through campers? I am not sure. Balancing items is difficult.

Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2009, 02:06:06 PM »

Spotted by Helvas:

http://download.tuxfamily.org/openarena/files/screenshots/h/00.jpg

Todo: Walk the cat.
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2009, 03:24:32 AM »

A missing texture. Thanks again. Ouch... it seems I publish pretty unfinished stuff. That's not satisfying.

Gonna fix this one too.

menganito
Lesser Nub

Cakes 7

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2009, 11:14:11 PM »

Seems like it hasn't been mentioned here yet: in the red base, right after you use the basement teleport, you end up facing a wall. Not only it is dissastisfying and counfusing, it might lead to easy telefrags...
In blue base the teleport faces out of the base (to RG).

Certainly, don't put one RG onto the RA platform, that would cause a lot of camping (mainly with small teams). Two RGs mean you ca camp the camper out Smiley

One more thing: the pillar beneath RA is weird. Seems like it's shape doesn't correspond the textures, often it seems i should slip by easily, but i hit it and stop. I have no idea what to do about it, tho.

Otherwise, it's a very good map, lot of fun, i love the many levels and paths, I already noticed some players have they preferred ways. Friendly 1v1s are fun there, there's a lot of items to get:).
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2009, 09:33:31 AM »

Here're some suggestions and bug reports.

Suggestions:
* I think the Nailgun could go well here, teams can use it as a defensive weapon. An ammo box could be placed in the center area. What about setting the weapon pickup as a 30 second-respawn weapon, so not everyone will catch it, thus controlling a bit the nail spam?
* Also, a Guard by base can be a good addition as well, it could be picked up by attackers.
* Could you also add an info_player_intermission to the level?

Bug report: Try to lower or move to the middle the target_push a bit on both jumppads on both bases. Otherwise, players would get stuck going from jumppad to jumppad, with the walls stopping them, which is something happening to bots already. Look at the attached screenshot.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2009, 11:10:07 AM »

Bug report: Try to lower or move to the middle the target_push a bit on both jumppads on both bases. Otherwise, players would get stuck going from jumppad to jumppad, with the walls stopping them, which is something happening to bots already. Look at the attached screenshot.

When I tried to do that on purpose, I didn't succeed Wink (it pushes far, so even if I brake it's hard to land on the other jump pad)  Yet another fps issue maybe.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2009, 11:58:49 AM »

It seems like I have to record a demo. I'll edit to upload it.

cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2009, 04:15:30 PM »

like ctf_compromise this map plays very different on various pmove_fixed settings. I regard everything as optimal with pmove_fixed 1 and the other value at 8. (=125Hz)
I encountered this problem too. If I lower the target_push entities it might get difficult with other settings.

About the nailgun: It's already in there. Seems you didn't check then map. Sad
It's not in the center and actually this gun can ruin balance a lot doing more than 200 dmg...

Other missionpack addons are inclueded too if you run it with missionpack basegame.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2009, 04:35:11 PM »

My mistake, it's there. I've forgot to check that area. :/
Limiting the weapon as I've said can work. I've done the same to the Prox Launcher on oa_reptctf11.

I've checked the map file of cosmo_oa082.pk3 on SVNC and aside from the NG I didn't saw nothing. :/

We should talk about the TA weapons and how to make them being balanced in maps in another topic.

cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2009, 02:59:12 AM »

There is one RL in the central yard which is way more important in my point of view than any nailgun. Besides I earned lots of critics on changing respawn time in slimefacV1 so I will not do this if there is not a very good reason.

True: I must have been removing other TA powerups in the V1 to V2 process. I don't regard this as too important at the moment.

We should talk about the TA weapons and how to make them being balanced in maps in another topic.
Go on and create a topic. Nailgun and Chaingun are unbalanced compared to the vanilla Q3A weapons.

Thanks for reviewing. Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: