Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Dave3D] Random screenies  (Read 11567 times)
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« on: April 22, 2008, 03:23:26 PM »

« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 06:03:13 AM by fromhell » Logged

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
kr3am
Nub

Cakes 1

Kitty at work

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 09:55:59 AM »

is this Build? coz way back my sis did a female conversion for it. We made lots of maps at that time, this reminds me of it. i love that game :k)

~~((-_-))~~ Coz Its a bittersweet symphony ~~((-_-))~~
andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 08:01:11 PM »

The game engine is called Build.

There are numerous games using it, such as Duke Nukem 3D, Blood, Shadow Warrior.
kr3am
Nub

Cakes 1

Kitty at work

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 03:23:15 AM »

Yeah that's it and Redneck Rampage i think used it but DN3d is what we all played mostly. We once made a map which had a destructible environment using the C9 and making the cracks really small and hiding them. It was quite interesting having buildings and stuff get destroyed by the Rocket launching alien things and funny too, come to think of it the game itself was really quite humorous.
Also we did a map with lot's of destructible ducting using sprites and we used sprites lying on the floor with a door texture on them as doors that had been ripped off their hinges, you don't see that a lot. A lot could be done with the shading and lighting too if i remember right.
Last time i played it was about 18 months ago and i had Johnno's Hi Res texture pack, it looked great, so if what I'm talking about is the same engine then it has loads of potential.

Oh, and i just remembered that Redneck Rampage had swamp and you could ride on a boat with a big fan on it i dunno what they are called.
It had a motorcycle too, Redneck Rides Again, and loads of funny things in it like getting drunk and walking all skewed.

~~((-_-))~~ Coz Its a bittersweet symphony ~~((-_-))~~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: