Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dedicated Win32 Server?  (Read 8978 times)
mczero
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: November 02, 2006, 03:36:35 PM »

Hey I'm new here, and I must say that OpenArena is a very outstanding project!

Its a shame that many quake style gamers haven't catched on what OpenArena can do in the future or even can do for them now.

Buying and selling Quake 3 is prohibited here in germany, that is one reason why I took a look on OA.

I compiled the standard client exe with VS2005 Express Edition, that was no problem, blindly closing my eyes as I saw the massive compiler warning spamming, but, it worked.

Hmm I tried to compile a dedicated server exe from the ioquake source, but I don't know how to do it! Or is dedicated only for linux?
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 06:25:13 PM »

You can use the same binary you created as a dedicated server by having +set dedicated 16 in the commandline. 16 can be any number of players you want on the server.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
mczero
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 03:08:27 PM »

Ah thank you.

I'm hosting the dedicated "OpenArena Happy Frag Server" on a Ubuntu 6.06 machine now. It's a DSL 2 Mbit line with 256Kbit upline, its mainly a test and mainly by having fun with it. Dunno how long this will last; hmm...

I read about hosting dedicated q3 servers and I read there that +dedicated 1 is for a LAN server and +dedicated 2 is for a Internet server. I'm using +dedicated 2 now, dunno if its right but I have the problem that when the match is over, the server doesn't load the next map, and I'm hanging on the frag results screen.

Does +dedicated 8 or 16 resolve this? You said the number is for the playernumber. Is this the failure?
Smithamax
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 04:57:56 AM »

u need to st up a .cfg file for player limits and map rotation

mczero
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 08:46:55 AM »

I do have a ffa.cfg config file. Player limits, map rotation and such are set up. Don't know whats wrong here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: