Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Arena Expanded Beta 50  (Read 573445 times)
SharpestTool
Lesser Nub

Cakes -27

« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2009, 01:21:12 PM »

well, actually i would like different kind of output shown in different containers. for example i don't want the chat mixed with the text about what player killed another player...
the log about all those things fill up to quickly and the chat disappears - causing you to either miss what was said or forcing you to pull down the console to see.

i would like a chat-container with team chat, ordinary chat and votes. one container for all the other stuff like kills and such.

the different chat and combat logs in world of warcraft is an example of how i would like it. that random dude's screenshot shows the chat to the left and combat information to the right.

RTCW:ET Does this too...
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2009, 01:26:17 PM »

it was so long ago that i played enemy territory that i'd forgotten. i'm sure there are lots of games out there with a similar solution - there's a good reason for it.
SharpestTool
Lesser Nub

Cakes -27

« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2009, 04:33:07 PM »

No worries...I just mentioned it cuz ET is q3 based and has an SDK out if Sago or anybody else wanted to draw some inspiration from it...
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2009, 02:09:09 AM »

ah, i didn't think that far. maybe that could be used as a guide for ideas.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2009, 04:53:26 PM »

A lot of the UI changes should properly be moved to the missionpack menu system. There have already been a lot of work in the classic menu considered that it is supposed to go away at some point.

Anyway. Just a small update. Not big just some small but annoying bugs:
New in Beta 38:
* g_humanplayers always 0 during intermission
* bots now read team status from game rather than ai config string. Hopefully stopping bots from shoting at there own team during certain changes.
* challenges.cfg renamed to challenges.dat, to indicate that it is not a text file
* Removed compiler warning in TeamCvarSet
* pmoved_fixed now gets disabled if pmove_float is selected in the UI

I have some other work to attend to so there might be some time till the next update unless somethings goes terrible wrong.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2009, 09:38:59 PM »

Something went terrible wrong. Disconnecting players made double drop. In Harvester where two skulls was dropped per disconnect.

New in beta 39:
* Fixed double throw bug when a client disconnected
* No killed message then a client leaves (still counts as a suicide)
* Added 91 Hz fixed framerate to startserver (pmove_msec 11)
* More ingame information about pmove

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2009, 03:55:15 PM »

B39a is up

No new qvms

Only code cleanup:
msys can now compile the code in windows
files moved to folders
removed lots of unused files
upgraded tools
added svn repository

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2009, 04:22:21 PM »

Harvester related:

Sound playing:
- When I score: both TeamCap & EnemyCap sound plays (Should play TeamCap, as when I capture a flag on CTF)
- When one of my teammate scores: EnemyCap sound plays (Should play TeamCap, as when some of my teammate captures a flag on CTF)
- When one of the players on the other team scores: TeamCap sound plays (Should play EnemyCap, as when some of the enemy players capture our flag on CTF)

Also things to note:
- In some maps bots won't go instantly for the skulls until some frag has been done. Or they won't go for the skulls directly, but I think this is just some thing with the maps. (I was playing on reptctf3 which hasn't any clipping)
- Also, when a player switch teams in Harv, the enemy skull appears at the receptacle, ready to be taken and delivered to the enemy skull pod. This is bad, as it will make people to change teams just to betray their own team and ruining the game.
- And one more... in Team Arena the skull carrier can be recognizable easily for the skulls it carries behind him. Look at this video from TA trailer at 0:36.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
feidi
Nub

Cakes 13

« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2009, 04:25:41 PM »

How about having a 'shuffle' feature similar to QuakeLive? That is, players can call a vote /callvote shuffle and if successful, teams will be randomized and equalized and map reset. Would be good for public play imo.

6lue Rose .:. http://6r-clan.org .:. irc://irc.freenode.net/6r
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2009, 09:24:55 AM »

Beta 40 is up.

Longest changelog in Elimination/OAX history. I have discovered at least one duplicate on the list but it would have been the longest changelog anyway.

Changelog:
New in Beta 40:
* Fixed CleanStr
* Added color 8 (menu color)
* BG_Alloc/BG_Free added. replaces G_Alloc
* Mines will self destruct very quickly if placed near the flag
* Kill sprees/death sprees and multikills added
* Some fixes backported from ioquake3
* Servers with no humans on are considered empty if "Only humans" is enabled
* Added elimination_lockspectator: 0=no lock, 1=cannot follow enemy, 2=must follow teammate (For Elimination and CTF Elimination only)
* Different crosshairs per weapon
* Crosshair pusle can be disabled
* Skulls are now visible on Skull carriar in Harvester
* Bots are now a little better at understanding prox mines
* Added deathShader to scoreboard in missionpack (for Elimination and CTF Elimination only, missionpack only)
* Breath and Dust effect backported from missionpack
* Added elimflags and voteflags than are now used to tranfer some booleans to save network traffic
* Vote system is more secure
* Vote can now pass even if majority is not reached then time runs out. It requires twice as many yes votes as no votes through or high percentage of yes votes.
* log2stdout cvar removed
* Teams can now be shuffled
* pmove_fixed on be default
* pmove_msec defaults to 11 (controversial - I know)
* Non-rcon based admin system (ban, kick, lock teams, cancel votes etc.)
* Shullfle teams function added. Can be called by an admin "shuffle" or by "callvote shuffle"
* Parts of code has been cleaned a little
* Duplicate GUID check
* Added G_GlobalSound
* Server command handling now modularized ( ClientCommand & ConsoleCommand )

pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2009, 11:35:51 AM »

awesome as always! but might i ask why the pmove_msec setting is set at 11 as default?
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2009, 11:56:01 AM »

but might i ask why the pmove_msec setting is set at 11 as default?
Because it is the closest to actual quake 3 physics.

pmove_float =1 would result in actual quake 3 physics but it will also use slightly more bandwidth.

pmove_fixed does not require extra bandwidth but has other problems like dropping sound but that must be something solveable.

The old behavior with framrate dependent physics is just unacceptable today.

Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2009, 01:56:42 PM »

Great release Cheesy! Will we have some announcer voices to the killing sprees?

I have a GUI request. On the skirmish panel, could you swap the game mode and the map changing arrows? It can be confusing sometimes. And could you add two arrows (left and right) for the gamemode changing? There's a lot of gamemodes and if you click just one more, you have to go all round again. I imagined something like this:

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2009, 02:46:50 PM »

Even greater one, sago. I like most of those changes, and I guess I'm not the only one. ^^

But... there's a bug, at least it happens to me... :/
It happens no matter what config I have.
It happens with the following gametypes: CTF, 1FCTF, Harvester & CTF Elimination.

In Skirmish mode, the game freezes, sometimes after loading and sometimes when loading. No matter the map too.

PC Specs:
- A7V600-X
- Sempron 2800+
- 1GB DDR
- XFX5500 256MB DDR2

Anoymore you need for this one? Anyone had the same problem?

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2009, 03:21:42 PM »

Udi's suggestion is a very good one. there's far too many game modes to only be able to go one step forward. buttons for previous and next would make it much better.

edit: the sentence made no sense...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 10:09:49 AM by pulchr » Logged
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2009, 03:59:12 PM »

I should mention that there are documentation here: http://code.google.com/p/oax/w/list for the in development functionality.

@Neon_Knight: I fail to reproduce the problem.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2009, 04:01:50 PM »

Start a skirmish match.
Select CTF/1FCTF/Harvester/CTF Elimination.
Select any map.
Left everything as it is on the next screen and start. The game for some reason freezes here or after loading.

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2009, 04:17:36 PM »

I still cannot reproduce it... it might be because of my aligned models (that is the only thing I can see that only affects these gametypes). Try opening the pk3 file and remove the aligned models.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2009, 05:05:43 PM »

Tried.
It now happens on 1FCTF and eCTF. Very weird... :/

schlorri
i lurk the board index every minute!!!!
Lesser Nub

Cakes -51

« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2009, 06:05:09 PM »

How does this shuffle feature work? Sometimes when i shuffle 3vs3 teams it generates 4vs2 teams, is this normal?

-Join #aftershock in quakenet
-Visit the statspage http://oaunofficial.exulo.de/index.php
-Visit us on sourceforge http://sourceforge.net/projects/as-fps/
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2009, 06:43:00 PM »

How does this shuffle feature work? Sometimes when i shuffle 3vs3 teams it generates 4vs2 teams, is this normal?
It does not shuffle the bots. It places the humans like this:

1. red team
2. blue team
3. blue team
4. redteam
5. go to 1

If you run it in single player it will just shift the human player to the red team.

SharpestTool
Lesser Nub

Cakes -27

« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2009, 09:15:27 PM »

@NeonKnight,  I have failed to reproduce the problem as well. Can you provide a more detailed description of what you are seeing on screen when it freezes/locks up?  Like are there some specific parts of the loading screen that it keeps freezing on?  Also, what's your config like? Maybe if we narrow down the cvar's we could figure out what I screwed up!!! lol Smiley

@Udi, Killing Sprees/Death Sprees, and Multikills were designed to be an additional option, customizable by the user/server, that wouldn't change the default gameplay behavior.  So the short answer is no, unless someone is willing to do the sound recording themselves ( since there aren't any GPL/PD spree sounds I know of ).   I have my personal setup configured to play the spree/multikill sounds from NoQuarter for ET (which come from Unreal Tournament I think).  If you look around, I'm sure you can find some yourself...then see the documentation here http://code.google.com/p/oax/w/list for how to configure them.   

Also for the GUI requests, I'm not quite sure what the status of the MissionPack GUI, but I think at some point it's going to be completely integrated.
PS: The MissionPack GUI is MUCH MUCH MUCH Easier to develop since it is a sort of markup/scripted deal, code does not have to be written for every single menu.  (I've loaded the RTCW GUI up with ioQ3 before...of course nothing worked but it loaded/looked right).

HAPPY !KICKING, !BANNING, !WARNING, and !SLAPPING btw.

Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2009, 12:55:49 AM »

@Udi, Killing Sprees/Death Sprees, and Multikills were designed to be an additional option, customizable by the user/server, that wouldn't change the default gameplay behavior.

Ok, thanks. So it's possible to add sounds, but there won't be any by default, because it would change the gameplay.

Also for the GUI requests, I'm not quite sure what the status of the MissionPack GUI, but I think at some point it's going to be completely integrated.

You mean the GUI that leileilol posted some time ago? The preview image is missing, it had a blueish color just like the new homepage design. I'm just guessing, but fromhell wants 0.8.2 to look modern/blue, and this redesign is far more easier with the missionpack menu system, so the new look would be accomplished by integrating the missionpack menu. So if I'm right, you are waiting for fromhell's order: "Paint it blue!" and the whole GUI would be rebuild (which would be awesome Wink)?

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2009, 09:14:31 AM »

Start a skirmish match.
Select CTF/1FCTF/Harvester/CTF Elimination.
Select any map.
Left everything as it is on the next screen and start. The game for some reason freezes here or after loading.
I was able to reproduce it with hydronex2 in Overload at least I think it is the same problem (freeze at the loading screen, log shows that the map was loaded). It was caused by an AAS bug introduced in Beta 30 that relates to bots and the gametype flag.

Could you check if the bug you describe exist in Beta 30 but not in Beta 29?

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2009, 01:06:16 PM »

Beta 41 is up.

g_persistantpowerups will properly be hated as much as any of the other changes backpported from missionpack but the code now has a lot less of the annoying "#ifdef missionpack"

The game now forces vertex off by default. The system is inspired by the tournament mode suggested earlier. fairflags currently has 3 flags:
1 - basic lock - limits fov and zoomfov to 140
2 - extended lock - limits r_picmip, r_intensity, r_overbrightbits, r_gamma, etc. to sane values.
4 - vertex lock - disables vertex light on all clients.

cg_autovertex will automatically enable vertex if the lock is disengaged. For other cvars you will need a script to reset them.

Changelog:
New in Beta 41:
* Persistant powerups are now toggleable (default off in baseoa, default on in missionpack) - g_persistantpowerups
* Penality points in 1 on 1 are awarded to the opponent rather than subtracted.
* Negative scores in FFA are no longer possible.
* Changed default ammo count in Elimination
* Exclude bots from duplicate names check
* Missionpack now supports ui_humansonly
* Fixed wrong gamenames in Missionpack server browser
* Removed Mplayer as an option in Missionpack server browser (still no support for different master servers through)
* Removed remaining references to punkbuster
* Kemikazie and Invincibility are now availeble (beware that Invincibility is missing models). Availble in bases3 only (as far as I know)
* Fixed infinity loop bug in AAS code caused by the gametype flag.
* Generally improved the bot's Area Awareness System.
* Added basic 'fariness' system. The CVAR is 'fairflags'. Default value 7 (1+2+4). 1 verifies some basic values. 2 verifies some extended graphics settings. 4 disables vertex light. 
* Added CVAR cg_autovertex. Automatically enables vertex light if allowed. Off by default. Gets enabled if you enable vertex light through the menu.
Note: The fairness system might result in a vid_restart if it detects a bad r_ cvar after the render has been initialized

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20
  Print  

Jump to: