Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Arena Expanded Beta 50  (Read 573420 times)
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #150 on: November 01, 2009, 04:04:52 AM »

Last time I've made a mistake, both addbotframe.tga and cut_frame.tga were cut down on the sides, which could only be visible on bright maps like ctf_compromise, but it was really disturbing. Updated the previous patch with the right images.

Package: http://udionline.hu/fajlok/z_bluemenu_v4patch.pk3
Sources: http://udionline.hu/fajlok/bluemenu_v4_sources.zip

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
Mr. D
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #151 on: November 01, 2009, 10:29:00 AM »

I've realise in "select bot" submenu the buttons have still got the old theme

(Sorry for my bad English...)
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #152 on: November 01, 2009, 12:28:47 PM »

I've realise in "select bot" submenu the buttons have still got the old theme

What version do you use? I've no bugs in current OAX, and there's not even an accept button and the model images are on the left side while there's the current model on the right side.

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #153 on: November 01, 2009, 01:47:03 PM »

A change I would like to make is having the bluish background and logo have a different name, so they don't collide with old files but I don't know how to change the names or what names needs to be changed.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Mr. D
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #154 on: November 01, 2009, 02:08:20 PM »

What version do you use? I've no bugs in current OAX, and there's not even an accept button and the model images are on the left side while there's the current model on the right side.

I have oax 44 beta + bluemenu v4;  in my oa version it appear this, and i have also removed the additional models in my folder but nothing happened...

(Sorry for my bad English...)
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #155 on: November 01, 2009, 02:44:12 PM »

the bot menu does the old theme

Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #156 on: November 03, 2009, 08:51:13 AM »

There were some ioquake3 fixes also over the VM code that should be applied to OA VM too ( eg . http://svn.icculus.org/quake3?view=rev&revision=1726 ) ...

For a list of the ioquake3 commits about VM , check the ioquake3 commits ML -> http://icculus.org/pipermail/quake3-commits/

It was fixed also a very ancient Q3 bug which consists in the assignement of the ASSIST AWARD to the player capturing flag : http://icculus.org/pipermail/quake3-commits/2009-October/001561.html

« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 09:08:39 AM by Falkland » Logged
schlorri
i lurk the board index every minute!!!!
Lesser Nub

Cakes -51

« Reply #157 on: November 11, 2009, 05:14:20 AM »

Hello...long time no see Smiley

I'm too lazy to read this whole thread, so i dont really know if this bug was reported already.
In the current 0.8.5RC1 is a bug regarding the pushingAward system. If you send the flagcarrier flying in CTF + he kills himself -> the flag is not returned.

all the best
schlorri

Edit: I cannot compile current oax-svn sources:

Code:
code/game/g_syscalls.c:34: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘void’
make[2]: *** [build/release-linux-x86_64/baseq3/game/g_syscalls.o] Fehler 1   

line 34: Q_EXPORT void dllEntry( intptr_t (QDECL *syscallptr)( intptr_t arg,... ) ) {

i removed Q_EXPORT and it works...whats that Q_EXPORT?

« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 05:42:42 AM by schlorri » Logged

-Join #aftershock in quakenet
-Visit the statspage http://oaunofficial.exulo.de/index.php
-Visit us on sourceforge http://sourceforge.net/projects/as-fps/
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #158 on: November 12, 2009, 11:14:05 AM »

The Q_EXPORT problem was added somewhere in September: A backport from ioquake r1609 was not complete.

On Linux Q_EXPORT is defined empty.

I have added the Q_EXPORT to q_shared.h

I guess replacing this line:
player_die (ent, ent, &g_entities[ent->client->lastSentFlying], 100000, MOD_FALLING);
with
player_die (ent, ent, &g_entities[ent->client->lastSentFlying], 100000, MOD_SUICIDE);
will fix the problem with the flag not being returned.

Now there are two different degrees of seriusity in this: Does the player still drop the flag? If not it is a very serious problem.

Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #159 on: November 12, 2009, 11:49:21 AM »

The Q_EXPORT problem was added somewhere in September: A backport from ioquake r1609 was not complete.

It was added in this commit : http://icculus.org/pipermail/quake3-commits/2009-September/001526.html

Basically it's a workaround to have the same characteristics that linux shared libraries have when compiled with the switch -fvisibility=hidden

As I already said there were many fixes in the latest 2 months and maybe others will come : for example there's a proposal for a significant change in the netcode to avoid some kind of exploits -> http://lists.ioquake.org/pipermail/ioquake3-ioquake.org/2009-October/003688.html
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #160 on: November 12, 2009, 02:09:48 PM »

For a list of the ioquake3 commits about VM , check the ioquake3 commits ML -> http://icculus.org/pipermail/quake3-commits/
I am on that mailing list.

The stuff about the new protocol sounds interesting. I have a few ideas myself most related to autodownload.

SharpestTool
Lesser Nub

Cakes -27

« Reply #161 on: November 15, 2009, 11:31:00 PM »

It was fixed also a very ancient Q3 bug which consists in the assignement of the ASSIST AWARD to the player capturing flag : http://icculus.org/pipermail/quake3-commits/2009-October/001561.html

Thats not a bug...you frag the other teams flag carrier, you get the assist award.  LOL what an amazing display of politics about a gameplay feature by classifying it as a bug.

btw Sago...where do I find the assets for the new UI stuff in this version of OAX?  I made some changes and was testing em, and got all kinds of missing textures. 

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #162 on: November 16, 2009, 01:37:19 AM »

btw Sago...where do I find the assets for the new UI stuff in this version of OAX?  I made some changes and was testing em, and got all kinds of missing textures. 
The easiest way is to download B44 and take the media from there... it is copied from some other thread and also part of the first 0.8.5 patch.

Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #163 on: November 16, 2009, 07:05:51 AM »

Thats not a bug...you frag the other teams flag carrier, you get the assist award.  LOL what an amazing display of politics about a gameplay feature by classifying it as a bug.

As now in OA081 you get an assist award if you are the flag carrier and you score : if it's not a bug I don't know how to classify this. They've not removed the assist award in all the situations ... check the link of the bugzilla entry in the commit report.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #164 on: November 16, 2009, 07:32:03 AM »

As now in OA081 you get an assist award if you are the flag carrier and you score : if it's not a bug I don't know how to classify this.
There is not always a border between features and bugs.

Strafejumping and rocketjumping was obviously bugs but then ID tried to fix them it caused an uproar and they become reclassified as features.

Is the assist award a bug? I don't know but there is no damage in changing its behavior, so I have done so in svn.

The splash damage through walls is different though. There are a lot of maps (especially space maps) there this functionality is used as a feature to knock people off from below a platform.

Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2009, 08:45:20 AM »

Is the assist award a bug?

If you are the flag carrier , you score and you get the assist award , actually I think it's a bug ( logic bug ) : the assist should be awarded to the buddy(ies) near the flag carrier that help him/her to score or at least to all the other team mates.

The splash damage through walls is different though. There are a lot of maps (especially space maps) there this functionality is used as a feature to knock people off from below a platform.

Maybe , but this is a bug in maps like oa_dm1 where the splash damage hits players on the bottom near the MH gate/room and anyway in *dm17 a player cannot stay and spam for ever since he will have to recharge weapons ( admitting that he would be still alive ) ... and this bug affects also UrbanTerror when grenades splash damage hits players through floors and walls too. Actually I think this is another bug affecting physics ( like constant rocket speed ) : in reality a bomb can destroy a wall but if the power is not enough the wall protects who's near the wall on the opposite side of the explosion.

Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2009, 08:58:56 AM »

If you are the flag carrier , you score and you get the assist award , actually I think it's a bug ( logic bug ) : the assist should be awarded to the buddy(ies) near the flag carrier that help him/her to score or at least to all the other team mates.

The capturer only gets the assist award if he/she fragged the enemy carrier, returned the flag, and after a short time (5 secs?) captures the flag. I think it's more logical to award him or her for fragging/returning/capturing and all that really fast. And because it's a complex thing it's very rare so even if it is regarded as a bug it can stay.

and this bug affects also UrbanTerror when grenades splash damage hits players through floors and walls too. Actually I think this is another bug affecting physics ( like constant rocket speed ) : in reality a bomb can destroy a wall but if the power is not enough the wall protects who's near the wall on the opposite side of the explosion.

Changing the rocket speed calculation and fixing the splash damage over walls issue would change gameplay and OA has a rule for that. UrbanTerror on the contrary aims for reality so they fix it, and if a completly new shooter (even space shooter) would be started it should be fixed too, but we are tied to the Q3 legacy.

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #167 on: November 16, 2009, 09:24:09 AM »

And because it's a complex thing it's very rare so even if it is regarded as a bug it can stay.
I have actually removed it. Not because I consider it a bug but because I find it unlogical that you are awarded for assisting yourself.

Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #168 on: November 16, 2009, 09:35:06 AM »

Changing the rocket speed calculation and fixing the splash damage over walls issue would change gameplay and OA has a rule for that.

The rocket speed calculation bug is almost accepted as a feature - see defrag - but the splash damage passing trough walls and floors no , also because they've explicitelly fixed the thing in QuakeLive.

BTW, I've had another - single *sigh* - issue with the 200hp ( better defining it as the "more than 100hp rocket damage" ) rocket damage bug : last saturday I was playing a duel in CPMA on cpm22 map ... I had around 75 hp , no armors ... got the MH coming from the YA place , got 175/170 hp and I was fragged by a rocket launched by my opponent staying near the RL/GA place while jumping and going versus him ... I thought of a prediction error ( anyway I have cg_predictitems set to 0 ) but the MH was not there anymore and he claimed to not get it. I've tried to reproduce it with him after the match end , but had no luck.

I think this is a BUG that occurs in certain circumstances caused by a VM error in calculating damage : I think it's produced because the VM calculates damage without ignoring splash damage while a player is jumping ( not touching the ground ) and is beeing hit by a direct rocket. Maybe it's related to client prediction errors of other kind + world incoerences between VMs ( client1 VM , server VM , client2 VM ) or it's related to client differences ( one faster , another slower ) and/or by an "in action"  lag ... I will continue to investigate the thing .

The -ffast-math switch was removed by the OPTIMIZE string while compiling VM as shared libraries for an analogue reason : it produces some kind of damage errors in certain circumstances , but this bug was reproducible indeed.
Airwolf
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #169 on: November 16, 2009, 01:47:28 PM »

BTW, I've had another - single *sigh* - issue with the 200hp ( better defining it as the "more than 100hp rocket damage" ) rocket damage bug : last saturday I was playing a duel in CPMA on cpm22 map ... I had around 75 hp , no armors ... got the MH coming from the YA place , got 175/170 hp and I was fragged by a rocket launched by my opponent staying near the RL/GA place while jumping and going versus him ... I thought of a prediction error ...

I believe this happens when you are simultaneosly hit by multiple players rather than one, except only one of the sound feedbacks is played back, in your case the RL sound, but maybe u were railed at the same time for example. Also when it has happened that you think you were the one who killed someone with more than 100 HP maybe you hit someone with a handicap lower than 100 which produced the kill.
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #170 on: November 16, 2009, 02:14:21 PM »

I believe this happens when you are simultaneosly hit by multiple players rather than one,

It happened for me quite always only in duels :/

... but maybe u were railed at the same time for example.

This is true in most ( quite always ) of the cases in CPMA , because of the fast switch weapons , but this time I've asked confirmation to my opponent and he claimed to have shot only a rocket :/

Also when it has happened that you think you were the one who killed someone with more than 100 HP maybe you hit someone with a handicap lower than 100 which produced the kill.

Naa ... I am sure my opponents had no handicap.

Anyway I'll continue to investigate the thing.
SharpestTool
Lesser Nub

Cakes -27

« Reply #171 on: November 16, 2009, 03:19:35 PM »

Sweet...some real conversation in OA about the assist award...

I'm good with whatever gets decided on, just thought it should be in OUR hands and not ioQ3's for our game.

Falkland...was antilag on? 
davidd
Half-Nub

Cakes 6

[Z] server maintainer

« Reply #172 on: November 16, 2009, 05:08:18 PM »

Yes maybe only your client had registered you picking up the megahealth, but something went wrong with sending that packet to the server. (or was delayed because of ping). So the server had not seen you pick it up, but already hit by the rocket, so 75hp -> killed.

I am not saying this is what happened, i am asking you if this is possibly what happened.

I'll translate the last sentence in my weak french.
Je ne dit pas que cela c'est que se passeee, mais je demande a vous (ou) que c'est comme ca.

Openarena, the freedom to contribute and extend.
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #173 on: November 16, 2009, 05:54:14 PM »

The OA antilag ( unlagged ) is applied only to insta-weapons that don't have splash damage ( MG , SG , LG , RG, NG , CG ) ... CPMA doens't have a real antilag system : you can adjust your ping/hit issue with a good combination of cg_lagHax , cg_nudge , cg_xerpclients and cg_predict .

And anyway I've never seen this bug on OA081 , only in OA071 ( and this is a good thing :-) )

Yes maybe only your client had registered you picking up the megahealth, but something went wrong with sending that packet to the server. (or was delayed because of ping). So the server had not seen you pick it up, but already hit by the rocket, so 75hp -> killed.

Yes , this makes absolutely sense and could explain what I've seen ( my client registered MH pickup -> prediction error and/or transmission error as a consequence of my higher ping - 98 msec -> get fragged with 75 hp ) , but if so the MH pickup was lost too because it was not there anymore.

And this doesn't explain another action happened in an OA071 duel in which I've fragged my opponent with a single rocket in aggressor map while he was jumping over the YA near the teleport to RG and after he had picked up the MH. (We both had quite the same ping )

Anyway I will continue to investigate the thing and if it would be clear it's an error depending only by my side , I will apologize in public forum ... thank you for reading :-)

Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #174 on: November 16, 2009, 08:21:33 PM »

I'll translate the last sentence in my weak french.
Je ne dit pas que cela c'est que se passeee, mais je demande a vous (ou) que c'est comme ca.
Falkland è italiano, no ? (I don't talk italian at all Wink)

"Je ne dis pas que cela s'est passé ainsi, mais je vous demande si c'est le cas"
"Je ne dis pas que ça s'est passé comme ça, mais je te demande si c'est le cas" (more familiar and spoken-like way) Wink

Todo: Walk the cat.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20
  Print  

Jump to: