Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Humans only" option a bit borked  (Read 10516 times)
Bungle
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: August 12, 2008, 02:41:38 PM »

I've noticed that if a player (or players) spectate, then the server browser detects them as being "non-human" (every time I have joined one of these servers, the amount of players which were not detected "as human" by the server browser have always been equal to the amount spectating at that time, and the player count/capacity suggests the same).

Also, some servers are always so full, that there never needs to be bots in there, so for bots to have been in prior wouldn't have happened! Just an observation. Still, it's a useful feature for when you see 5 players, yet 0 when the option is turned on! Smiley

GoD|Bungle
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 04:09:16 PM »

I decided to only count playing humans.

The function was my try at solving the problem that people wouldn't join servers that they knew there was bots on because it was to much work to join to check if some of them was humans.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Bungle
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 04:16:42 PM »

Still, it is misleading somewhat, as you might see 8/10 (assuming 2 free) but then the server is full. If it named "show human players", then why complicate it beyond that? Smiley

GoD|Bungle
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 02:19:42 AM »

but if it says 8/10 and the other two spots are filled with bots - aren't they kicked when you join the server?
Bungle
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 08:04:14 AM »

That isn't my point.. my point is that it will say 8/10 if there are 2 spectating, and when you try and join it'll say "full". So, it's misleading :p

GoD|Bungle
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 08:19:17 AM »

I agree with Bungle, I don't remember well how XQF deals with it, but it deals well.
Maybe a 3rd number for counting bots could be added.
Even a way to list players inside the game browser could be an idea ... I fear there would be no place on the screen though.

Todo: Walk the cat.
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 09:43:15 AM »

oh, in that case i also agree =)

spectators should be treated as players in the server browser, imo
Bungle
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 06:48:11 AM »

A consideration for 0.8.1 then? (which shouldn't be too long now).. Wink

GoD|Bungle
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 07:26:58 AM »

A consideration for 0.8.1 then? (which shouldn't be too long now).. Wink

there are still a lot of things to do before 0.8.1. The next update is a binary one that wont push the version number.

There some additional problems with the human players option.
# It is counted by the VM on the server side meaning it does not work in other mods.
# This also means that if I change it in 0.8.1 then 0.8.0 and 0.8.1 servers will count differently.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: