Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trickjumping!!  (Read 32302 times)
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2007, 09:33:40 AM »

My fingers are getting sore, but I love rainbow defrag!  I'm finally getting the hang of the strafe pads.  You guys aren't using macros are you?  The only thing I'm using is a /kill button.  If you are supposed to use some key bindings please post them.
Glad to hear that you enjoy it, and as always there are people to help if you need it, just ask.
Most people do not use macros, or scripts, to perform their jumps. It is simply a matter of training and getting your muscle memory going.
The /bind <key> kill, is one of the more useful functions in defrag, and so is the following: /bind <key> varcommand say "Jumps: $chsinfo(140)"
What that does is to show you the speed of your last jump, and that way you can compare it against yourself so you know when you have the right angles. Other useful bind are the: /df_chs1_draw 1 and /df_hud_cgaz 1.
Good luck and keep up the good work..

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2007, 10:25:26 AM »

Many people are asking me if the tricks I perform on Defrag are also possible in basic Open Arena, the answer is: of course! Smiley

I've put together a demo of kaos2, simply to show some things that you can do to outsmart and overtake your opponents. Nothing special but it shows that you can use tricks/shortcuts to gain tactical advantages. Put the demo in /baseoa/demos and type /demo kaos2_tricks.dm_68

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: