Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ling] that other game  (Read 41414 times)
jute
Lesser Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2008, 05:33:17 PM »

So these are really canceled?  Again, I ask you to reconsider.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2008, 02:12:30 AM »

If someone else wants to run the show, sure, but I can't.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2008, 05:20:25 AM »

Bit of a shame [especially after Jute Gyte made all those tracks].

If there were a decent GPL DOOM engine in existence, I'd be tempted to take over Dave3D and get the resources working with a custom engine.  But then it wouldn't be a pure "content" project anymore.
jute
Lesser Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2008, 07:33:55 AM »

I'd love to see Dave3D continued and/or my music used in a GPLed project, but I don't have the time/resources/ability to "run the show".  AndrewJ, for whatever its worth, work is currently being done towards GPLing GZDoom, which is a very nice port.  I think it even has experimental support for build maps.  Or if anyone's willing to tackle a ROTT open source project the music might fit there.

fromhell, I seem to remember you posting on FreeGameDev once about wanting a multiplayer-focused open content package for Doom with its own style and palette.  Would this music fit with something like that?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 07:47:57 AM by Jute Gyte » Logged
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2008, 01:23:00 PM »

fromhell, I seem to remember you posting on FreeGameDev once about wanting a multiplayer-focused open content package for Doom with its own style and palette.  Would this music fit with something like that?

you mean this little wad?

andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2008, 08:04:37 PM »

AndrewJ, for whatever its worth, work is currently being done towards GPLing GZDoom, which is a very nice port.  I think it even has experimental support for build maps.
The GPL'ing of GZDoom remains to be seen.
If it does happen, all the code from Build will have to be removed.

It also seems, if it happens, there will be the "GPL" version and the "good" version, since Graf does not want to completely remove FMOD.

Other things I don't like: Linux support in GZDoom is either missing or lousy, and many features (like models) only work in OpenGL renderer.
jute
Lesser Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2008, 03:19:44 PM »

Apologies for resurrecting this, fromhell, but would you mind explaining your reasons for canceling these two projects?  The consensus on FreeGameDev and here seems to be that there is no problem legally, so I assume it's not that.  Have you considered just putting them on hold for a while and then returning to them?  It seems like a big decision to cancel them.

If nothing else, an explanation might make taking up the projects a little less scary for someone else.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2008, 03:58:19 PM »

I don't want to risk going any further if i'm told to stop by the horse. If someone else wants to continue it (NOT ROTTADMIN, he is kooltore who is a big troll btw) they can but I don't want to be sued.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: