Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: when going "back" from the settings, the position of the mouse cursor changes  (Read 5222 times)
dash9

Cakes 6

« on: September 30, 2008, 06:52:38 PM »

It happens for example when you change a key bind using the settings UI, then when you click back you would expect the mouse cursor to be in the same position, over the same back button, but it's not there. It does not happen when you don't change the settings.

I found a great camping place: the enemy base!
damocles
Bigger member

Cakes 0

May cause drowsiness

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 07:14:23 PM »

This seems to happen with the stock 0.8.0 binary (only tried with Linux i386).  The cursor jumps to another place on the screen, but then it returns to where it used to be once you move the mouse.  (Does WM sloppy or click focus matter?)

It's the same as if you call "in_restart" in the console, while you're still in the menu UI.

This does NOT appear to happen with the "new" serverfix binary -- the mouse cursor does not jump anywhere at all, even if you call in_restart.  (This probably coincides with the working in_mouse "-1" support in the serverfix binaries -- the stock 0.8.0 binaries do not allow in_mouse "-1".)

I've been using the serverfix binaries practically the entire time, so I never noticed this.
dash9

Cakes 6

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 08:48:57 PM »

This seems to happen with the stock 0.8.0 binary (only tried with Linux i386).  The cursor jumps to another place on the screen, but then it returns to where it used to be once you move the mouse.  (Does WM sloppy or click focus matter?)

It's the same as if you call "in_restart" in the console, while you're still in the menu UI.

This does NOT appear to happen with the "new" serverfix binary -- the mouse cursor does not jump anywhere at all, even if you call in_restart.  (This probably coincides with the working in_mouse "-1" support in the serverfix binaries -- the stock 0.8.0 binaries do not allow in_mouse "-1".)

I've been using the serverfix binaries practically the entire time, so I never noticed this.
It does not happen with the "serverfix binaries". Thanks. In my case the cursor jumped but it did not come back to the same position once I was moving the mouse.
http://download.tuxfamily.org/openarena/rel/080/oa080-serverfix.zip

I found a great camping place: the enemy base!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: