Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Hak] Color table generation tool?  (Read 7644 times)
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« on: October 16, 2008, 12:17:05 PM »

Hi
Is there a GPL, command line tool for generating compatible colormap tables with configurable intensity? Ditto for transparency tables. What I want to try is having the same lighting levels as the normal overbright one, WITHOUT going over the original colors so there wouldn't be overbright. This would maintain compatibility with levels formatted for hexen2 lighting, and have some compatibility with the look of the GL port

because tinttab/tinttab2.lmp needs replacing due to the new palette, think invpal.lmp needs regeneration too. Basically any tint or transparency leaks purple everywhere.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 06:06:49 AM by fromhell » Logged

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Stilgar
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 01:07:15 PM »

Not that I'm aware of.  I know I ended up hacking together something myself for my old project because I got tired of running Inkworks under DOSBox.  But my program was just a 'necessity is the mother of invention' type thing that wasn't all that great.  If nothing else is forthcoming, I still have the code and could try to make it a bit cleaner and more flexible, but I can't promise miracles as programming is one of my jack-of-all-trades dabblings rather than something I claim to be actually good at.
andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 08:55:38 PM »

For invpal.lmp, replace it with some dummy data (e.g. an empty text file)
and the engine should recreate a new one [hexen2 engine, not hexenworld].

I could add code to qpakman to generate colormap.lmp and the tinttabs
[and even invpal].  For colormap.lmp I was thinking it would read a text
file (gfx/colormap.txt) containing 64 intensity values (more for QuakeII)
in the range 0-255 (normal) and 256+ for overbright.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: