Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: q3dm6ish v3: Castlegrounds (plus CTF version)  (Read 83176 times)
BlankBruno
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2011, 07:20:39 PM »

Two wild guesses with the information at hand:  Overheating issue or power issue.  I would check to make sure all fans are running properly, with no intermittent failures.  If the BIOS has temperature information, you may want to watch that for a short while and see if you see a temperature spike  followed by the shutdown.  Is this computer old enough or has the CPU been in the system long enough to suspect a breakdown of the thermal paste?  If it is factory standard and they used cheap thermal paste, it can break down quickly and with little warning.  You may be able to do a similar test in the BIOS if yours gives general power information for your system--some BIOSes show status of 12v and 5v on the motherboard (I think that is where the information comes from, but it might also be in the power suppy itself).  If you see any voltage change of more than say 7-10% either way, that is an issue to be concerned with, in my opinion.

Hope this helps, even if just to rule out possibilities.
VortexHU
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2011, 11:49:29 PM »

i wish my bios had any of that info.

— VortexHU —
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2011, 09:54:53 AM »

I've cleaned up the fans, and it did the trick.
I hope to have everything OK, at least I know the problem isn't the HD.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
VortexHU
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2011, 12:58:48 PM »

I've cleaned up the fans, and it did the trick.
I hope to have everything OK, at least I know the problem isn't the HD.

but backup anyway pls!

— VortexHU —
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2011, 03:50:34 PM »

I have several copies of my maps, I'm not worried for that.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2011, 06:05:29 AM »

Some images from GTKRadiant. This map will take a long time before it's released..

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2011, 12:20:34 PM »

OK, I don't know what the hell I did wrong, but I can't compile this map without forcing me to reboot my PC... Attaching the file.

Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2011, 01:40:03 PM »

Opening the map in GtkRadiant 1.5.0 results immediatly in the following error:
patch.cpp: 194
assertion failure: patch too tall

Unfortunaly the map file is saved without CR + LF like i need here on my netbook with win to take a quick look with an editor...

HTH
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2011, 02:10:39 PM »

"Patch too tall"...

I'll try removing every patch from the map...

EDIT: Thanks, Peter, I've managed to solve the problem. Cheesy

Tomorrow there will be a playable version. ^^
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 02:31:27 PM by |TXC| Neon_Knight » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2011, 12:36:36 PM »

Well... delivered. Cheesy
I had to go through a lot of things, but here it finally is! Cheesy

Some things, before you bash me for being an awful mapper. Tongue

- I know there's an excess of lights, but my classic method of lots of small light entities didn't worked as expected. -.-
- I know the map is extremely overbright. -.- I swear I couldn't get them to look the way I wanted to.
- I know the jumppads look very strange, but again, I couldn't get them to look the way I wanted to.

Anyway, first post, only the FFA version, by now. I'll fix things later.

Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2011, 06:29:18 AM »

CTF in the Castle is the current name, isn't it? With loads of lamps?

Personally I like it. It's wide, seems suitable for 4-6 players, and it's nice. The only problem I experienced is that "lines on the lights"-bug, which was first identified on dm4ishv2 jumppad lights.

IMO it isn't overbright and the jumppads doesn't look that strange. OK, I play with bloom and all leienhancements on.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2011, 08:45:19 AM »

That isn't a bug, it's an effect, but with the lots of lamps will be a pain in the butt...

I'll remove them in the next version.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2018, 11:11:05 AM »

Just for completeness sake, new download links to the latest versions. Be aware that:

a) I don't recommend playing or editing q3dm6ish-a in either DM or CTF versions.
b) q3dm6ish-b is still under a need of better work.

q3dm6ishv3-a (The original one)
q3dm6ish-ctf (CTF version of the above, link coming soon...)
q3dm6ishv3-b (The new version one)

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2018, 06:29:09 PM »

Here's the missing link for q3dm6ish-ctf: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ty9jhhgqm8j5ysj/q3dm6ish-ctf-b1v2.zip?dl=0

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2018, 03:36:15 PM »

Quickly tested the two non-ctf versions.
Nice, but there are some problems with lights (maybe some light shaders were not in shaderlist.txt?), especially one of them is largely pitch black...

UPDATE: Given a look to the ctf version. Very promising!  Grin Maybe it may be worth to finish it!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 03:44:08 PM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2018, 03:43:45 PM »

This map is up for grabs. Whoever wants to continue working on the map is free to do so.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: