Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: a few questions  (Read 9719 times)
jdodson
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: December 13, 2006, 12:16:03 AM »

first off, open arena is an amazing game.  keep up the good work.

my first question is how do i change the default player skin to the gargoyle or other cool models?

second question is I have a ton of quake 3 maps I downloaded.  most of the have some of the textures and the rest of the textures have white outlines with grey insides.  i am wondering as you create more textures will these maps fill in?   some of them are amazing and it would be cool if someday you could drop in a quake 3 map and use open arena.

i understand creating replacement textures for everything is a hard task, so no complaints here, openarena is kick ass.  i was just wondering about the plethora of quake 3 maps being played in open arena.
Logan

Cakes 2

I'm one of those Canadians you've heard about

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 12:25:34 AM »

first off, open arena is an amazing game.  keep up the good work.

my first question is how do i change the default player skin to the gargoyle or other cool models?

I'll answer that.

Go to setup. Pick player and in this screen here, notice where my mouse pointer is.
Click that hidden button to choose your player model.
Blame a missing texture for that one.

*Logan*

Let Me Kill You In Open Arena--> Digichalk 0.8.5
Let Me Kill You In Quake Live--> Logan26
jdodson
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 12:41:29 AM »

I'll answer that.

Go to setup. Pick player and in this screen here, notice where my mouse pointer is.
Click that hidden button to choose your player model.
Blame a missing texture for that one.

Thanks, that worked!
Reenen
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 03:02:05 AM »

second question is I have a ton of quake 3 maps I downloaded.  most of the have some of the textures and the rest of the textures have white outlines with grey insides.  i am wondering as you create more textures will these maps fill in?   some of them are amazing and it would be cool if someday you could drop in a quake 3 map and use open arena.

i understand creating replacement textures for everything is a hard task, so no complaints here, openarena is kick ass.  i was just wondering about the plethora of quake 3 maps being played in open arena.

The way I understand quake engines, is the map creator can either create a .wad file, or use some of the textures that came with the game. In the q3 it was q3base.pak or something.

Now these textures are the ones that are now white.  To replace them you'll need to create a file where the textures has exactly the same name as they had in the old file. It may work to copy your old q3 pak file into the OAbase directory.  Dunno.

That's an answer from someone who never really worked with q3, much more with q2 and q1.
Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 08:10:33 AM »

The way I understand quake engines, is the map creator can either create a .wad file, or use some of the textures that came with the game. In the q3 it was q3base.pak or something.

Now these textures are the ones that are now white.

*Logan*

Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 12:15:16 AM »

bump

*Logan*

Pages: [1]