Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Too good shooting?  (Read 59834 times)
KILLIE THE GREAT
Lesser Nub

Cakes -6

« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2009, 06:27:52 PM »

my shhoting is terrible, i am the worlds worst gamer

KHOTANAS.... They waste precious RSA currency on top class clothing, then burn & tear is days later
Joe le Kiffeur
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2009, 04:09:45 PM »

Also, i have a sucky old PS/2 mouse, which keeps me down sometimes Smiley Overall, you're perfectly right, equipment and config does wonders.
If you're playing with Windows, you can set your old PS/2 mouse for better performances and you'll improve your accuracy. It's fanastic! Smiley I successed many frags with this mouse! Yes, hardware is important, but good settings are a mark of bloody gamers. Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 04:11:36 PM by Joe le Kiffeur » Logged
Gerbil

Cakes -2

not so strong

« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2009, 03:07:22 PM »

jessicaRA would compete with you on that title, even though she isn't that bad Tongue

Quote from: sploosh
there once was an animal called gerbil
he dreamed he was eating his turtle
he awoke with a frieght
in the middle of the night
to find out that he was a squirtle
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2009, 03:18:35 PM »

Really? I can't beat the second difficulty bots.... I consider myself worser.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
HITMAN

Cakes 6

The doctor is in the house!

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2009, 09:33:59 AM »

jessicaRA would compete with you on that title, even though she isn't that bad Tongue

Jess isn't bad whatsoever...but in her mind, she thinks she is.

h!+m@n * d/hit/p + kozak6 / CloudStrife - (Orochi + {C}easar) = a whole buncha screenames
Case

Cakes -3

« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2009, 04:12:15 PM »

Aiming is hard. But next time make a demo so we can all see and judge. Better yet post the demo to the ban list  thread with that players IP. I believe demos unlike others that request it and then when they get it just laugh it off.
HITMAN

Cakes 6

The doctor is in the house!

« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2009, 10:18:23 AM »

There is a demo of an AIMBOT session in OA on the Valherus website. You can go and download it if anyone is interested.

http://valherus.ucoz.com

h!+m@n * d/hit/p + kozak6 / CloudStrife - (Orochi + {C}easar) = a whole buncha screenames
ikao
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2009, 05:44:33 AM »

I recognized my first aimbot user today. He wasn't very good at all yet he could shoot perfectly. I spectated him and there he was shooting enemies he couldn't possibly see or hear. I often send a rocket or two off to catch a careless bystander, but this guy knew where the bots were.
In the end that is not better than bots on nightmare mode and so he lost to my human intelligence but if he was a bit better he would have pwned me and I would have believed that he really was that good.

You must be very lame to do that. mad
guix
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2009, 04:34:13 PM »

Today I've seen my first cheater on an OA CTF server, ROFL InstantGIB. The player is Arch-Rogue. Play the demo if you don't believe me...
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2009, 04:59:30 PM »

yeah, that wasn't very subtle Tongue
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2009, 09:19:08 PM »

Did we really need that proof of concept ?
We already know we can hack OA/Quake/Other FPS like hell, these guys should find better things to do.

Having a good game is already difficult like that, I just hope there won't be often interruptions of playing like these.

Todo: Walk the cat.
PopeJo
Lesser Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2009, 11:59:25 PM »

we have a no-open-accusation policy in the RN forums. can we adjust something here, too?

why blame good players like U namedPlayer? that's just stupid and damages good players reputation. cheat accusation may only be done with proof, should be used with care and should be handled privately until confirmed.

but yes, I now have seen three obvious cheaters in OA, too.
we'll ban them from the servers. its very sad, as there isn't anything to win by cheating in OA anway. (unless you count upsetting others as a WIN)

yasha
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

Did thunder hit my head?

« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2009, 07:55:27 AM »

Thing is that q3 is open source. It's good until you use it for good. You can customize it how it suits you. But then people who have no skill try to create aimbots (or wallhacks, bodyhacks) to help them. This things aren't so hard to create, especially for railgun (on instagib). Thats very stupid to me, but i don't know how they feel...

This can only be stopped by admins on server.

... Am I in desert? ...
jessicaRA
Lesser Nub

Cakes 16

Wild pony spotted derping around oasago2.

« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2009, 02:00:07 PM »

some examples for people who don't know much about aimbots.

this is the standard aimbot style, hook in via a dll and adjust aim angles to aim and has the data stored in the game itself to use for aiming.  this is the same person as arch-rouge before.

http://jessicara.co.uk/src/dl/20090507152644-91.121.205.135.27960-ps37ctf.zip

this is me giving an example of what an old style color aimbot looks like.  no i dont cheat when playing for real and you can spectate me for proof lol.  is a poor rushed piece of code i did so ignore the bad accuracy but look at the kind of movements it makes lol.  very low resolution aimbot, it sees like 48x48 over the aim area because it uses the slow getpixel() call which is very slow.  would prefer gitdibits() but getpixel() stuff is quicker to write out.

http://jessicara.co.uk/src/dl/aimbottest.zip

for those who don't know about aimbots watch them and learn how they move if you like and make better guesses on other players.
AllCoholic
Half-Nub

Cakes -10

/name " All"

« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2009, 03:13:12 PM »

yeah, that wasn't very subtle Tongue

Yea, my apologies, but moderation just is not one of my strengths *lol*
But rest assured, I always play fair, if you know what I mean...

I'm however looking forward to MAC address bans - that should get us rid of the windoze users
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 04:49:51 PM by AllCoholic » Logged

The road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than you think.
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: