Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: moves out of full screen and cant move  (Read 9286 times)
zaphodbblx
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: December 14, 2008, 08:03:52 PM »

:cool: ok love the game BUT  I can only play about 5 minuites then I get pushed into a window and my computer locks up(keybord,mouse) and to even get out of game I have to do a hard shutdown
i run ubuntu 8.04 with an onboard graphics card(intell 82g33/g31)and 3 gigs of ram. the game runs great untill the lock up no choppyness or anything so im at aloss
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 01:50:17 AM »

Haven't got much time to answer you but it could be because of compiz or some screensaver, disable them. Some older posts describe a similar problem ...

Todo: Walk the cat.
zaphodbblx
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 07:12:04 AM »

Haven't got much time to answer you but it could be because of compiz or some screensaver, disable them. Some older posts describe a similar problem ...
ah haaaaaaaaaaa no compiz but I do have an active screensaver thats supposed to come in at just around that time! many thanks!
dash9

Cakes 6

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 07:52:34 PM »

ah haaaaaaaaaaa no compiz but I do have an active screensaver thats supposed to come in at just around that time! many thanks!
If this is really the problem, you can use something like this to start the game from a terminal:
alias oa="xset s off && /path/to/openarena.x86_64 && xset s on"

I found a great camping place: the enemy base!
zaphodbblx
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 08:14:27 AM »

Thanks all! that was the problem. now my only problem is that I suck...any hints? Wink
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 09:51:52 AM »

Practice Tongue (and learn strafejumping ... and check for some older posts of this forum, I think there is a beginner's guide which could be worth the look)

Good luck Wink

HITMAN

Cakes 6

The doctor is in the house!

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 01:33:45 PM »

Thanks all! that was the problem. now my only problem is that I suck...any hints? Wink

Heres a big hint: Learn about adjusting your settings. High FPS (125 max) is everything and low ping is crucial - generally its best to play in your own country because your ping will be low. Definately learn strafing. Raz3r has a really good post about learning how to strafe and setting adjustments.

And play and spec other good players...dont assume they are cheating; they are probably actually really that good!
Good Luck!

h!+m@n * d/hit/p + kozak6 / CloudStrife - (Orochi + {C}easar) = a whole buncha screenames
fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 08:45:50 PM »

You can pwn by screenshots alone.. never ever pass up on oppertunity to capatilize on an entertaining ss Cheesy

Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 02:24:48 AM »

You dared !

Truth is you can't pwn Cacatoes, even with screenshots Tongue

That was funny to see we use the same kind of colors/characters, I didn't copy Wink
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 02:53:30 AM by Cacatoes » Logged

fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 04:16:34 AM »

That was funny to see we use the same kind of colors/characters, I didn't copy Wink

no no no.. im sure we had a deal where the lowly player had to wear the colors of the high and almighty one  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: