Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fullscreen bugs (gamma and mouse)  (Read 8709 times)
PsYthe
Lesser Nub

Cakes 8

Obey 37.

« on: December 14, 2008, 08:32:40 PM »

When I play in fullscreen, it seems to work okay, but if I hit alt-tab or do anything else that changes windows, when OA is on top again, the gamma is not what I set it to. It's actually less than 1 (if I do r_gamma 1 when it breaks it increases brightness).

Also, in fullscreen my mouse4 and mouse5 buttons don't work. Mouse4 turns into mouse wheel up.

I might be wrong but the sensitivity feels weird in fullscreen, too, or at least different than windowed.

zuma
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 10:11:57 AM »

I know of this. How i dealt with it? I accepted it, it's been so since forever.
RudyRailer
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 10:30:30 AM »

Sometimes my whole weapens config is undone.
I have G5 lasermouse,.. also sense is off then  i have 5 sense presets but then it goes to standard 3 preset

i dont have gamma problems or any of that

when i do /quit and restart its all fixed again

Maybe check config and redo those cvars with /seta in fullscreen might help.
then restart oa.
Im not expert but, try to help you

hope you fix your problem soon
bye
damocles
Bigger member

Cakes 0

May cause drowsiness

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 09:10:05 PM »

What happens when you do \in_restart?

There may or will be differences in windowed and fullscreen mode, when finding how far the mouse travels in pixels or display units.

How well gamma is "remembered" will also vary on certain video cards or drivers.
PsYthe
Lesser Nub

Cakes 8

Obey 37.

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 07:55:12 AM »

\in_restart didn't help.

My graphics card is a Radeon HD 2400.

fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 07:00:39 PM »

You are right about the mouse settings Cheesy I've noticed this too.

I've found that only restarting the game fixes this stuff.

With some unlagged stuff the standard sens of 5 changes to about 3.. like rudyrailer posted. One thing I havent figured out is that my cl_yawspeed and sometimes cl_pitchspeed changes to some crazy value (default is 140 i think).

Maybe the mouse feeling is different due to non custom resolution in minimized mode.

Try in_mouse 1 (or -1) then  in_restart.

The gamma issue is something you will probably be able to figure out. When you change to minimized mode your desktop maybe bright if your gamma is more than 1. To work with normal gamma then either set it at 1 and vid_restart or do r_ignorehwgamma 1.

Sometimes you can have conflicting settings where the game thinks its in full screen mode when its in window mode.. this screws up gamma when you revert back to full screen and the gamma in game goes low and when you quit the game the desktop gamma is so bright it could burn holes in your monitor Cheesy

You can reset this in display properties (select 3d/opengl properties?) and you can reset it there instead of rebooting).

A clean way to fix this would be to have your own config file which you can exec. That way your good config is guaranteed to load correctly. If you launch the game then your default q3config.cfg might remember some bad settings (such as it loading in window but thinks its full screen). I think this can happen if it crashes.
PsYthe
Lesser Nub

Cakes 8

Obey 37.

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 06:27:57 PM »

nope none that stuff helped missbehaving, but I didn't know I could fix gamma getting stuck without rebooting (sometimes oa would crash and gamma would be stuck at bright)

r_customPixelAspect made me wonder if you can have a fullscreen resolution of like 512x394 stretched out to 1024x768 windowed, that'd be perfect. The command seems to do nothing though, I tried setting it to 2 and 0.5.

fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 07:01:08 PM »

I think theres several aspect ratio things that can be set. Might help having a look through the cvars on the idtech3 settings

http://ilovefps.y7.ath.cx/?q=cvars

Also, I dont think mouse4/5 buttons are supported.. only up to mouse3 i think.

I'm sure i have had the gamma issue before but dont remember anything recently.. my gamma is only 1.2 or something.. i might have adjusted r_overbrightbits or r_mapoverbrightbits so maybe its not so noticable.

Have you tried /cvar_restart (backup your config first) to reset to default settings and see if the issue is the still the same?
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 02:35:19 AM »

nope none that stuff helped missbehaving, but I didn't know I could fix gamma getting stuck without rebooting (sometimes oa would crash and gamma would be stuck at bright)

the game setting the brightness for everything else when crashing has happened me in quake 3 and openarena. try to start the game again as usual, but exit it without playing. this usually sets things back to normal for me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: