Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: NetRadiant pack (should work with GtkRadiant 1.5 too)  (Read 81461 times)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2014, 04:27:53 AM »

with routes enabled
What do you mean with this?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2014, 05:13:21 AM »

The compressor program must respect the folder structure while unzipping.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2014, 05:26:27 AM »

For completeness, I have to say that OA installation isn't clear (configuring Radiant on that PC has been more a test than other),
Maybe I did express wrong. I was not talking about GTK Radiant configuration pages in our wiki which aren't clear (well, they actually do have issues, but was I was not talking about that).... I meant "my OA folder on that PC isn't clean", meaning it has got extra files (my mistake, I typed "clear" instead of "clean").

The compressor program must respect the folder structure while unzipping.
Okay, now I got what you meant ("preserve paths" while uncompressing). That part is not the problem.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 05:32:45 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2014, 10:47:25 AM »

NK, are you sure everything is okay with the updated pack from this post?

Yesterday I tried it to configure GTK Radiant 1.5 for OA on another PC (Windows XP), and a strange thing happened.
Afer I placed oa.game data into GTK Radiant folder, launched the program and selected OpenArena, it asked to me the path of the game. I tried to select the folder where I had OA 0.8.8 installed... but it did not recognize it as valid (did not find the engine)... then I entered the "baseoa" folder under it, and went further instead (strange, considering "baseoa" folder does not include "openarena.exe" file). But then, I realized it automatically created another "baseoa" folder inside "baseoa" (it created c:\openarena-0.8.8\baseoa\baseoa\maps\ and c:\openarena-0.8.8\baseoa\baseoa\scripts\). Then I had to locate where GTKRadiant stores its settings (%appdata%\RadiantSettings\1.5.0\oa.game\local.conf) and manually edited "EnginePath" line to point to "c:/openarena-0.8.8/" instead of "c:/openarena-0.8.8/baseoa/" as before... and everything worked correctly then (it created c:\openarena-0.8.8\baseoa\maps\ and c:\openarena-0.8.8\baseoa\scripts\ then).

Update: I checked again, and tweaking local.conf file did NOT really fix the issue. I launched the editor again and it re-created "baseoa/baseoa" folders. Opening local.conf again, it automatically re-added /baseoa/ by itself also there.

Then I edited also "C:\Program files\GtkRadiant 1.5\games\oa.game" file, and modified "enginepath_win32", making it point to "C:/openarena-0.8.8/". And this time, it seems to work.

PS: about this gamepack from NK, are you sure the "copying" file there is good? I mean, it's not in the oa.game folder, so if one uncompresses the whole zip in gtk radiant folder, "copying" ends up in main gtkradiant folder, so one may assume everything under it and its sub-folders (including other .game folders) is gpl... while we don't know.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 11:23:07 AM by Gig » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2014, 11:07:22 AM »

You don't edit anything in local.conf. The paths must be set in games/oa.game.

About the COPYING file, good point. Still I want to create a barebones entities.def/ent file, so original help text can be added and we can get a fully-GPLv2 pack out.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2014, 08:08:34 AM »

About the COPYING file, good point. Still I want to create a barebones entities.def/ent file, so original help text can be added and we can get a fully-GPLv2 pack out.
I have looked attempted to create a barebone entities.def. Not only have I attempted. I believe to have succeeded. And not only do I believe to have succeeded. I believe that my solution can be considered "good" or even "very good".

It can be automatically extracted from the source. If was added in commit b7ad35187949bc457b667802374b0fe1465f717a on https://github.com/OpenArena/gamecode
It is also attached to this post.

The file has been tested with GtkRadiant 1.6.4
It does NOT work with NetRadiant or GtkRadiant 1.5
Some other files (textures, shaders, project files) are required as well. They should be easier to make as they contain very little original content.

I do wish that the def-format can be converted to a transformation friendly format like properly tagged XML but that is a task for another day.

It does extract comments from the source as well:

Feel free to clone https://github.com/OpenArena/gamecode and improve the comments!

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2014, 01:01:06 PM »

Hi guys,

long time not here, but today i thought about finishing my last map attempt.
Unfortunately i deleted my fine GtkRadiant installation with all the tuning i did.
So i have to start from scratch and i wonder if there is a complete comfort-file to just extract and beginn mapping for oa?
I do not like to pull all neccessary files together by myself.

Some kind of "gtkradiant.1.6.4_with_oa_stuff" would be great.

Any chance?
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2014, 09:21:32 AM »

For GTKRadiant 1.6.4, perhaps Sago's def file from the post above yours may help?
The pack would also include all of OA's textures, sounds, etc (that was the QuArK way -.-)
I'm still using NetRadiant 1.5, so I can't help much. :/

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2014, 11:18:23 AM »

I found GtkRadiant 1.6.x harder to setup compared to NetRadiant. I used the Q3-package with my entities.def file from a few posts back. I ended up copying some pk3-files into the baseoa folder to get it to work otherwise it just crashed.

Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2014, 12:13:09 PM »

Thx 4 quick response (as usual) and glad 2 c that some of u r still her!
so i have to dl the following files:
Radiant of my choice
Sagos def file

Installing the radiant and create a subfolder for oa.
Copy all files to this folder and get to work.

Did i miss something?
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2014, 01:28:17 PM »

I started by copying Q3Pack and for 1.6 I copied the baseq3 files into the openarena install dir. Apparently there are some textures and shaders Radiant need but I did not have the time to figure out why. It possible only need a single file somewhere.

Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2014, 03:00:16 AM »

I made it, but it was a hard peace of work (maybe i will explain later how to install GtkRadiant for oa in a detailed post).
Regarding the shader problems: Gtkradiant seems to be unable to locate the shaderlist.txt if this file is just in a pak-file.
if you extract the file from the pak0 it works fine.
_but_: the pak0-file isnĀ“t complete. it lacks some shaders from other pak-files (as far as i can see).

More to come!
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2014, 03:25:26 AM »

That's because a lot of stuff was separated from pak0. IICR there's a more complete shaderlist.txt in the latest patch.

Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2014, 10:29:51 AM »

I will take a look inside the pak6 stuff later Grin
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2014, 08:17:36 PM »

All the work broke my brain and i gave up, because it is to much work for a guy, who just wants to create a map.
Maybe someone else is able to make a pack for the new radiant version, so other mappers will have the ability to make a map.

As soon as i will see this pack, i will try to finish my old work...
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2015, 06:14:27 AM »

Why don't just using NetRadiant 1.5, with the OA package Neon Knight did last year?
(Note: IIRC, one may need to copy its shaderlist.txt into your own "OA installation folder\baseoa")

I haven't tried Sago's entity file for GTKRadiant 1.6 yet, I'm not sure about the steps needed to use it...

Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2015, 05:44:08 PM »

I bet, the implementation of the pack is nearly as complex as it was for GtkRadiant 1.6.4. Wink

Here is my notice about the installation:

Downlaod GtkRadiant 1.6.4 from icculus:
http://icculus.org/gtkradiant/downloads.html#binaries

Unzip the file to a place you like.

Remove the unneccessary XXPak folders inside the folder called "installs".
You just need the folder "Q3Pack".

Start radiant.exe and select the game directory of you OA-installation.
Click OK and wait a few seconds. GtkRadiant will start and prompt you to select a game.
Just klick OK again and you will get the map editor. You have to quit for now, we will make the changes for oa before our next try ;-)

Inside the GtkRadiant folder you will have 2 more subfolders now:
games and q3.game

make a copy of the q3.game folder and rename the new copy as "oa.game".
inside of the folder you will find a file called local.pref.
open this file with an editor and search for "baseq3" and replace with "baseoa" (there should be just one place with "baseq3"!).

now make a copy of the file "q3.game" inside the "game" folder and rename the copy to "oa.game".
open the "oa.game" file and modify the quake related entries.
this could look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" standalone="yes"?>
<game
  name="OpenArena and mods"
  enginepath_win32="D:\openarena"
  gametools_win32="D:/GtkRadiant/installs/OAPack/game"
  prefix=".oa"
  basegame="baseoa"
/>

now you have to have a subfolder inside the "installs" folder called "OAPack".
Just make a copy of the existing "Q3Pack" folder.
Inside you new "OAPack" folder you will find the subfolder "install".
he contains 3 folders, "docs" and "missionpack" can be deleted!
the subfolder "baseq3" has to be renamed to "baseoa" and inside this folder you have to delete some folders:
"maps", "models" and "textures".
you also have to delete the both files "common-q3map2.pk3" and "curry.pk3".
from the remaining file "common-spog.pk3" you just need the subfolder "radiant" with its files.
you can unzip "common-spog.pk3" and remove the "common" folder inside the newly created "textures" folder.
the texture folder also has to be put inside your oa game folder (inside "baseoa")!

now switch to your openarena directory and grab all files starting with with "PAK" andf copy them to the folder "\GtkRadiant\installs\OAPack\install\baseoa\".

next copy the following file from "baseq3\scripts" to "baseoa\scripts" inside you OA installation:
user0.proj
default_project.proj

The user0.proj has to be modified: replace all q3 related path information to oa.
important: there should be an "OAPack" reference which also has to be modified.

next you can start GtkRadiant and enjoy mapping after the selection of OpenArena as your game.

important note: GtkRadiant seems to be unable to locate shaderlist.txt inside PAK0 properly.
so you have to make your own shaderlist.txt file and place it inside the "scripts" folder.

entities.def file could be used from sagos download.

It is not finished yet, maybe someone else likes to complete the guide and make a final package of his work.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2017, 11:55:43 AM »

Just got GTKRadiant 1.6.5 to run in Linux and recognize OpenArena as a game!
Here's the gamepack. Do the same as always: unzip and replace paths where needed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gweyus0yx6gblzk/OpenArenaPack-GTKR.zip?dl=0

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2017, 07:19:11 AM »

Just a heads-up: I've created a repository for the gamepack. This way we should be able to work on a properly GPLv2 gamepack.

The gamepack can be downloaded or git-checkout'd/git-pull'd at https://github.com/NeonKnightOA/oagamepack

It should work with both GTKRadiant 1.5/NetRadiant and GTKRadiant 1.4/1.6, but feel free to point out problems. For people who just want to download the gamepack, they can do a "Clone or Download" and extract the contents on the Radiant dir.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: