Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weapons  (Read 14220 times)
signap
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« on: December 18, 2006, 01:56:04 AM »

where am find normal weapons for OA like Q3 weapons?
Ferk
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 02:30:07 AM »

uh? what do you mean by "normal"?
OA weapons are the same as the Q3 ones... the only thing that has changed are the graphics, that are in fact better.
If you are acostumed to the Q3 weapons then you may need to play more OA Tongue ..it will just take some minutes until you catch the thing

sorry for my english
signap
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 12:45:12 PM »

i like normal weapons beasuse SHOTGUN looks like SHOTGUN
Keet
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

"Violent, stingy, schizophrenic..."

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 05:36:47 PM »

Dude, this project was meant to replace all of Quake 3 content with custom GPL'ed content for uses like creating standalone games or mods or w/e...the original Quake 3 weapons aren't included here. If really want to use them, get a copy of Quake 3 (retail, or I dunno, does demo work?) and use the weapon models from there if you can figure it out...though I probably wouldn't, since it could get you in trouble...

Pronouns are evil!

"Violent, stingy, schizophrenic... It sounds... like me!" ~~B.B. Hood

dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 09:22:45 PM »

i like normal weapons beasuse SHOTGUN looks like SHOTGUN

Actually the OA shotgun looks more like a real shotgun than the Q3 model, but that is probably just me and I am a silly gun toting American.

Jeric Hikari
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

Skeletal Geek

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 11:36:02 PM »

The ONLY weapon model I don't like right now, and thats only because of either the temp skin, or the whole model being a placeholder is the BFG. Other than that, I actually preffer the OA models to the QA ones.
Keet
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

"Violent, stingy, schizophrenic..."

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 12:32:33 AM »

Yeah...same here. BFG looks weird...looks like a, um...big piece of rusty metal? I dunno...luckily for me, the bfg10k mod replaces the BFG with a custom model in the mod...fun fury frag fest with a cool BFG...awesome...

Pronouns are evil!

"Violent, stingy, schizophrenic... It sounds... like me!" ~~B.B. Hood

Logan

Cakes 2

I'm one of those Canadians you've heard about

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 09:01:22 PM »

I've still yet to see a BFG in OpenArena. Ya. Someone should post a picture. :p

*Logan*

Let Me Kill You In Open Arena--> Digichalk 0.8.5
Let Me Kill You In Quake Live--> Logan26
white haired boy
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 08:00:40 AM »

they can take my openarena shotgun when they pry it from my cold, dead hands!
Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 10:11:16 AM »

they can take my openarena shotgun when they pry it from my cold, dead hands!

Heh ya, the shotgun is just so satisfying to shoot. That sound, and the effect it has on someone when they got smoked with it in the back of the head in mid-air is awesome.

*Logan*

Jeric Hikari
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

Skeletal Geek

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 10:39:03 PM »

Or better yet, you dropping in from on high pumping slugs into some poor unfortunate sod.

I like assassinating Dick Chaney with it. Go political arena! And yes, it IS satisfying to both look at and use. The proper model mixed with the right sounds. Do not EVER change this gun!
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 06:34:34 AM »

I like assassinating Dick Chaney with it.

It is far more fun to put a rocket in GWB's and Joe LIEberman's butt...  It is a shame that the mod wasn't updated for the 2004 election, John Kerry would be fun to shoot as well Smiley

Jeric Hikari
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

Skeletal Geek

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 05:59:42 PM »

Indeed!

I realize this is thread hijacking, but for some reason while everyone else has a SD head...Rice's head actually looks propotuate to her body. Ok its a bit of an exaduration but sh'es got a frekken HUGE mellon.

Back to weapons.

Machinegun: Don't like it, but then again I don't like how the Quake machinegun looks period but the skin itself looks nice. I jsut don't like the model.

Shotgun: Personal favorite. Change nothing. Ok...if you're taking suggestions get rid of the laser on the thing. It simply looks dumb when you've got the quad damage aura going on.

Grenade Launcher: supprizingly satisfying to use. Bit on the bulky side, has a sortof airhammer quality to it but I like how it behaves. Keep.

Rocket Launcher: Considering that all the guns have to be wielded as if they were one handed weapons there's not much I can say. I don't like the rocket launcher because of how its handled. However the modeling and skin job are both supurbly done all things considered.

Railgun: I like the sounds used, I like the projectile. I just...for some reason...don't like the gun itself. It feels wimpy.

Plasma Gun: Feels, and sounds, like a toy in my hands. Where the shotgun and grenade launcher have that projected aura of beefy raw power this thing feels like a peashooter. Not sure how it could be changed to reflect. Maybe its the sound effect that could use some tweaking. Just feels a bit on the weedy side.

BFG10k: Reskin the thing and I'll judge the model. As is its just a placeholder while other things are refined so no review.

Hope my oppinions help.
Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2006, 08:41:42 PM »

Hope my opinions help...

Well it made me think more about them.

*Logan*

Pages: [1]
  Print