Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to remove single model?  (Read 6728 times)
harry_OA
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: January 17, 2009, 11:53:33 AM »

hello,
the ayumi/neko skin is way too dark imo. on open space maps i can hardly see the model...

so i want to remove/disable this skin, because turning the brightness up messes the whole ambience.

is this somehow possible?

TIA
harry
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 12:06:54 PM »

What OpenArena version do you use?! Ayumi/Neko is deleted since 0.7.6, maybe?

But...

Go to pak2-players.pk3/models/ayumi and delete head_neko.skin, torso_neko.skin and legs_neko.skin or any .skin files involving the neko tag. Unfortunately this won't work if you want to play on pure servers....

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 01:24:10 PM »

DON'T TOUCH GAME FILES PAK*.PAK!!!
You won't be able to enter again to servers (pure ones, specially) if you do that.

One thing you can do is to Force Player Models, so all players you can see wear the same model as you.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
rashdawg
Half-Nub

Cakes 5

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 03:56:26 PM »

Refering to the post above me it would be beneficial to do /cg_forcemodel 1

I use this because player model sizes may differ slightly and be larger than the actual hit box.  That one model with the spider legs comes to mind Arachna or something like that.

TheWorstOAPlayer aka RashDawg
harry_OA
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 04:58:42 PM »

What OpenArena version do you use?! Ayumi/Neko is deleted since 0.7.6, maybe?
you're right i meant the angelyss/neko skin

what i did now is: i removed the skin from the player-mature pk3.
i can still join pure servers (is this a bug? because Neon_Knight wrote i won't be able to), but all mature player models will be replaced by the std. sarge model, so its a compromise...

PS:
attached a screenshot of neko in action ...
Snickersnack

Cakes 1

obnoxious OA fan

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 11:08:01 PM »

Hi Harry_OA, I've attached a zip that should give Neko Angelyss'es skin. First, fix your OA uninstall so you don't have to look at sarge all time. Then rename the zzzneko.zip file to zzzneko.pk3. Place the pk3 in your baseoa directory.

You should no longer see Neko's stock skin on non-pure servers. Have fun.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: