Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.9.0 textures todo list?  (Read 150632 times)
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« on: February 14, 2009, 02:25:58 AM »

JACK CAN YA GENERATE LIST OF LATEST MISSIN TEXTURES!? Gotta kick 0.9.0 development into gear somehow.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
jackthompson
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 06:30:37 AM »

JACK CAN YA GENERATE LIST OF LATEST MISSIN TEXTURES!? Gotta kick 0.9.0 development into gear somehow.

you could just unzip the last pk3 i released with the 1-color-textures... it's pretty much like a list of Q3A textures still missing in OA...

i also heard about someones effort to replace missing textures with real textures based on that pk3, already...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 06:35:46 AM by jackthompson » Logged
fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 08:41:21 AM »

Initially, I started off replacing some of the common trims with gpl textures which could have been implemented in any future replacement texture packs from jack. The results were good and Speaker kindly offered to help manage it and we decided it would be worthwhile to replace all these textures with suitable gpl ones.

It's not the most glamorous task but we have made good progress and any help is welcome. If the intention is to add jacks textures to prevent the missing texture issue then perhaps we could submit our efforts but there's still alot of work to be done. If the idea is to use gpl images to replace the missing q3 textures then even better, if we can align our textures in with oa to get the stuff done quicker.
dash9

Cakes 6

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 10:31:37 PM »

Considering these items, from DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Roadmap](DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Roadmap:
v0.9: - most (at least 90%) map textures replaced
v1.0: - All missing map textures replaced

I'm curious, how exactly should a texture creator contribute a texture, ..or 108 textures. What proof do you need that he/she is the author? What if that person wants to contribute a large number of textures (already created, or not yet created), then how should the process of contributing take place, so you can be sure the content is indeed owned by that person?

I had a look at (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/DeveloperFAQ#How_can_I_contribute.3F maybe this info could be added there.

I remember how you, on one side, and Speaker and Missbehaving, on the other side, failed to work together to see how to include in OA at least the textures they created. Ultimately this affects OpenArena, of course. I hope your answer to my questions will prevent such a failure with other people who want to contribute textures.

Thanks!

I found a great camping place: the enemy base!
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 01:36:56 AM »

I remember how you, on one side, and Speaker and Missbehaving, on the other side, failed to work together to see how to include in OA at least the textures they created.
yeah, well they failed to even provide sources or even credits on request, plus they wouldn't be appropriate for OA anyhow (they're 1x size of Q3 textures).

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
dash9

Cakes 6

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 05:48:52 AM »

I remember how you, on one side, and Speaker and Missbehaving, on the other side, failed to work together to see how to include in OA at least the textures they created.
yeah, well they failed to even provide sources or even credits on request, plus they wouldn't be appropriate for OA anyhow (they're 1x size of Q3 textures).
I think if it would have been clear from the beginning how exactly they have to proceed to contribute a large number of textures so that they are accepted, this would not have happened. Will you please answer the questions?

I found a great camping place: the enemy base!
jukeboxhero
Nub

Cakes 1

...stars in my eyes...

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 02:14:44 PM »

An older topic but an important question, is there such a list? If there isn't I can help create one. I intend to contribute a few textures because I am working on a map and want to make that GPL.

JBH
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 02:52:47 PM »

i have also created a couple of missing textures that would be unnecessary for someone else to create.
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 08:30:51 AM »

As so did I.

- HUNT HIGHSCORES - mapping - xmpp://cosmo@spaceboyz.net
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 07:50:40 PM »

I'm doing the list, I'll post it here when I got it ready.
BTW, shaders need to be reordered by folders.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 08:50:51 PM »

Just to begin. The list is attached. Missionpack & patches are included in the listing, but it is incomplete, since I didn't took a look at the shaders.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
mewse
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 11:38:38 AM »

Just to begin. The list is attached. Missionpack & patches are included in the listing, but it is incomplete, since I didn't took a look at the shaders.

Is this the full list of TGAs in stock pk3 files or just the ones missing from OA?
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 02:36:54 PM »

Is this the full list of TGAs in stock pk3 files or just the ones missing from OA?
Just the ones missing from OA, and I didn't took a look at shader files, for example. There are more, for sure.

So, this list is incomplete, but I think it's something which can be used at least to begin.

pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2009, 03:07:45 PM »

oh, that list was much longer than i had expected Sad

here are a couple of textures that i've created for my new map. not committed yet.
Code:
\textures\base_floor\clang_floor_ow2.jpg

\textures\base_light\border7_ceil50.jpg
\textures\base_light\border7_ceil50glow.jpg
\textures\base_light\scrolllight.jpg
\textures\base_light\scrolllight2.jpg

\textures\base_support\pipecolumn4.tga

\textures\base_trim\slots1_1.jpg
\textures\base_trim\pewterstep.jpg

\textures\gothic_trim\column2c_test.jpg
\textures\gothic_trim\km_arena1tower1.jpg
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 02:29:14 AM »

@Neon: Please put your list into the wiki. We can update it and add names of contributers if they are currently working on some.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 09:47:43 AM »

Good idea cosmo, I'll do it now.
Where do you suggest to put this list?

cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2009, 02:19:16 AM »

Development -> Mapping -> Q3A Texture Replacement Listing

Wink

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2009, 08:41:54 AM »

Done

(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/List_of_missing_textures

davidd
Half-Nub

Cakes 6

[Z] server maintainer

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2009, 08:50:11 PM »

i have never done anything like this before, but i have started on this group of textures
out of

Code:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
\textures\base_trim\
-------------------------------------------------------------------
spiderbit.jpg
spiderbit2.jpg
spiderbit3.jpg
spiderbit4.jpg
spiderbit6.jpg
spiderbit_fx.jpg
spiderbit_ow.jpg
spiderbite.tga
spidertrim3.tga
spidertrim4.tga

xspiderbit4.jpg

I dont really think in original q3 this group of textures looks anything like a spider, it looks more like pistons to me,
so i was thinking of theming this group on snakes, but still staying close to the color scheme of the q3 texture.

Openarena, the freedom to contribute and extend.
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2009, 02:08:27 AM »

Looking forward to see/use your outcome.

davidd
Half-Nub

Cakes 6

[Z] server maintainer

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2009, 08:00:52 AM »

I think this one is to ugly, i will redo the snake but it gives a sense of where it is going.
I used some textures i found on the openarena as material.
base_floor/diamond2.jpg for the snakeskin and base_wall/bluemetal2.jpg and bluemetal3b.jpg for the background

Ok my second improved version. Still not quite done

« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 10:19:06 AM by davidd » Logged

Openarena, the freedom to contribute and extend.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2009, 03:16:33 PM »

Great one davidd. ^^

The following textures can be needed:
base_wall2/demonltblackfinal.tga
base_wall2/demonltblackfinal.glow.tga

I've made replacements for the following:
base_wall2/ntrl_techfloor_kc.tga
base_wall2/techfloor_kc.tga
base_wall2/techfloor_kc_blue.tga
proto2/reda_dcl
proto2/redat_dcl
proto2/bluea_dcl
proto2/blueat_dcl

And their respective shader, the first three are locations for weapon spots, maybe can be of the utility to mark weaponspawn spots. The other four are CTF arrows pointing to bases, I think the base_wall2 is used on MP maps.

I'm uploading those.

EDIT: Uploaded, download the pk3 here, also the sources can be found here. Below is the preview:

« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 09:49:16 PM by |TXC| Neon_Knight » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2009, 09:59:40 PM »

Uploaded textures and sources. ^^

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2009, 08:41:24 PM »

I've made the remaining gothic_light/ironcrosslt* shaders/textures. These can be found here.

cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2009, 10:57:10 AM »

Will use these new crosses in ctf_compromise.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: