Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Automodified settings are getting me mad!  (Read 9189 times)
Joe le Kiffeur
Nub

Cakes 1

« on: March 08, 2009, 10:15:56 AM »

Hi! Cheesy

There is an annoying bug when I play with mods which reset my settings (keyboard and display configuration), or changing The OA version (ie: downgrading 0.8.1 to 0.7.7!)  Sad

I think this is a directory problem when mods are changing my configuration.
Please correct this.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 10:32:01 AM »

A solution would be to make an autoexec.cfg file @ baseoa with your settings. You should put here what you know you won't be changing. (Key bindings for example) That way settings will not be changed.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Joe le Kiffeur
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 10:39:19 AM »

And how to do that? What do I'll type?
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 11:22:48 AM »

First you must set your normal settings on the game itself, baseoa, then you exit from OA.
Check for the file q3config.cfg on baseoa or your user folder (I don't know which OS you use, but I guess in Win you'll find it on Documents & settings\<userfolder>\Application Data\OpenArena\baseoa; and in Linux, mostly on home\<userfolder>\.OpenArena\baseoa I guess)

Then you make on baseoa (I suggest you to do this on the game folder) a file which name is autoexec.cfg, there you'll be moving your key bindings and some settings you want to keep. There's a console commands & cvars guide at http://q3console.planetquake.gamespy.com for more info on which any cvar does.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 01:00:46 PM »

some mods annoyingly ship their own q3config.cfg. this will definitely throw oa off Sad

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
mathieu
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 04:46:59 PM »

Joe, it seems you're french, so have a look at this link : http://openarena.tuxfamily.org/wiki/doc:config
You'll find some french documentation about config files.
Joe le Kiffeur
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 05:12:38 PM »

some mods annoyingly ship their own q3config.cfg. this will definitely throw oa off Sad
OK.

Joe, it seems you're french, so have a look at this link : http://openarena.tuxfamily.org/wiki/doc:config
You'll find some french documentation about config files.
Merci. Smiley Je vais aller potasser tous ça. Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: