Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Version 0.8.1 loads 0.7.7 instead...  (Read 7401 times)
riwa
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

1337 h4xx0r

« on: April 01, 2009, 10:20:24 PM »

This is very wierd. I go: `~/openarena-0.8.1$ ./openarena` and it loads the version 0.7.7. However it does read 0.81 servers and connect to them and if I leave that server, OA will launch 0.81 like it should. So the worst problem is that I can't use the bots-filter. I've noticed that if I use the "Open arena" mod in the mods list it launches 0.77 so maybe that's the problem.

Noteworthy is that I do have OA 0.77 installed as well but in a completely different part of the system. And to my knowledge there are no links between them.

Well, I don't care if it's God's own personal anti-son-of-a-bitch machine, or a giant hula hoop, we're not gonna let 'em have it! What we will let 'em have is a belly full of lead, and a pool of their own blood to drown in!

....Am I right, Marines?
....Damn right I am!
helvas
THIS ONE POST HERE SHOULD DO IT.

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 04:29:11 AM »

hm, it's probably caused by automatically linking OA .pak files to ~/.openarena/baseoa. I had the same problem while loading 0.7.7 as a part of system. You should delete that liked files and it would probably work.
riwa
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

1337 h4xx0r

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 06:56:53 AM »

I don't really understand what you mean. My 0.77 version is installed by my distro to: /usr/games/openarena. Of course both uses the same baseoa.

Well, I don't care if it's God's own personal anti-son-of-a-bitch machine, or a giant hula hoop, we're not gonna let 'em have it! What we will let 'em have is a belly full of lead, and a pool of their own blood to drown in!

....Am I right, Marines?
....Damn right I am!
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 07:05:49 AM »

I don't really understand what you mean.
A 0.8.1 server might have had a 0.7.7 pak in its baseoa. That file might have been transferred to your ~/.openarena/baseoa/ and gets loaded in 0.8.1 overriding the 0.8.1 qvms. The patch file gets unloaded when joining a pure server since the server does not have it.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
dash9

Cakes 6

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 10:44:12 AM »

This is very wierd. I go: `~/openarena-0.8.1$ ./openarena` and it loads the version 0.7.7. However it does read 0.81 servers and connect to them and if I leave that server, OA will launch 0.81 like it should. So the worst problem is that I can't use the bots-filter. I've noticed that if I use the "Open arena" mod in the mods list it launches 0.77 so maybe that's the problem.

Noteworthy is that I do have OA 0.77 installed as well but in a completely different part of the system. And to my knowledge there are no links between them.
It should be openarena.x86_64 or openarena.i386.
You can also try renaming ~/.openarena and launch OA and if it works fine, then the problem is in that directory.

I found a great camping place: the enemy base!
riwa
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

1337 h4xx0r

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 10:46:05 AM »

It's solved. Somone (who read the post) told me what to do during a game last night. I had to remove a file. I think it was called pak7-patch.pk3 (or something like that). Now it works fine.

Thanks!

....Am I right, Marines?
....Damn right I am!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: