Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you do server redirects for files in this engine?  (Read 6443 times)
synaesthetic
Nub

Cakes -1

« on: November 18, 2009, 03:46:41 PM »

I'm used to meddling UT, it's a common thing for larger file packs so the server won't slow down passing it out. Pardon my ignorance if this has been asked a thousand times, I just caught on to Open Arena yesterday afternoon.

And a somewhat related question, can player models on the client end be uploaded to the server?

If these are large cans of worms, point me at the book I should be reading.

i take no credit...only responsibility - synaesthetic
SharpestTool
Lesser Nub

Cakes -27

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 05:54:14 PM »

UT as in Unreal Tournament?

or as in Urban Terror (UrT as its more popularly abbreviated).

The engine is a  slightly modified version of ioQuake3->itself being a project dedicated to the on-going maintenance /improvement of the original Quake 3 engine as released by iD Software under the GPL. 

ioQuake3 and OpenArena both have http redirected downloads. 

As far as your other question of redistributing models from client to server, that answer is a no.  The server will not receive copies of files from clients

OpenArena is a project designed to recreate/reboot Quake 3 in a totally free manner. All assets distributed in part/in whole with OpenArena must fall under the GPL.  We welcome any contributions but must insist that the y be releasable under the GPL Version 2.
synaesthetic
Nub

Cakes -1

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 05:59:44 PM »

"OpenArena is a project designed to recreate/reboot Quake 3 in a totally free manner"

I've been playing Q3 since it was beta. So yeah...I'm all for it.
SharpestTool
Lesser Nub

Cakes -27

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 08:31:51 PM »

Well hey if you want to get involved...poke around the forums and find out who's semi-responsible for what and what you can add...

The "development" forum is mostly for all kinds of talk about code->usually code relating to the game logic, but as of late its been engine related. 

^^Summer's over and the code-monkeys at ioQuake3 are turning into bears and hibernating in front of their computers again...

Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 09:01:26 AM »

^^Summer's over ...

That's true but only for the northern emisphere :-)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: