Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: audio crackling  (Read 6088 times)
logistic
Nub

Cakes -2

« on: March 08, 2010, 11:55:42 AM »

hey guys, im brand new to OA and am having the audio crackling problem. i made sure to look at the other topics before i made this thread, but couldnt find a solution. I uninstalled pulseaudio and installed, i think its called, esound, but when i did this, there was no sound for anything. so i reinstalled pulseaudio and now its back to crackling. anyone got any suggestions?
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 12:46:32 PM »

Did you remember to remove 'libsdl1.2debian-all', install 'libsdl1.2debian-pulseaudio' and disable openAL?

There are nothing offending in my posts.
logistic
Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 01:24:44 PM »

not sure i know how to do that lol. im kinda new to linux .
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 03:25:11 PM »

Open a terminal and copy-paste this into it:
Code:
sudo aptitude install libsdl1.2debian-pulseaudio
And hit enter.
You will be asked to confirm with your password. This might effect a lot of packages and some will need to be removed, answer 'yes' then asked.

Depending on how you installed OpenArena you will need to disable OpenAL in Setup in the game, it will freeze one last time then closing.

You cannot remove pulseaudio from an Ubuntu 9.10 system without breaking everything.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
logistic
Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 03:53:40 PM »

Open a terminal and copy-paste this into it:
Code:
sudo aptitude install libsdl1.2debian-pulseaudio
And hit enter.
You will be asked to confirm with your password. This might effect a lot of packages and some will need to be removed, answer 'yes' then asked.

Depending on how you installed OpenArena you will need to disable OpenAL in Setup in the game, it will freeze one last time then closing.

You cannot remove pulseaudio from an Ubuntu 9.10 system without breaking everything.
ah ha! worked, thanks a lot
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: