Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unable to bind ctrl key to moveup (new user)  (Read 6866 times)
zobby1
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: March 27, 2010, 06:09:28 AM »

Dear all,

I have just started to play OA, and its prety good. 

However, I have run into a key binding problem.  I want to bind the right CTRL key to moveup (also known as jump).  I have tried with the GUI and also in the console with:
\bind moveup ctrl  (Or something similar).  The keyboard is a US qwerty keyboard

The the bind command can bind all the keys on the keyboard, but not for the right SHIFT or CTRL buttons.  If I bind CTRL of SHIFT to moveup then only the left CTRL or left SHIFT will work.  I know that the keys really work because I an using the right shift key to type in capital letters in this post, and the a ctrl^c sends these characters on three presses in a shell (which surprised me)  :  čcc

Any ideas how I could work this one out?
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 06:02:27 PM »

/bind KEY COMMAND is the syntax. So /bind CTRL +moveup or /bind CONTROL +moveup (not sure which one).
zobby1
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 02:40:13 AM »

I tried these but these only bind the left control key, but never the right control key.  Is there a way to specify the right control key on a US keyboard?
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 01:49:17 PM »

For me both control keys work so I guess I can't help you (got a US keyboard layout too)
zobby1
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 01:58:39 PM »

Hi,

Are there any clued up Linux/UNIX admins around on this board who might know about keyboard mapping?  Perhaps it has layout problem.
Current mapping is :
model - Generic 105-key (Intl) PC
with a separate kayout for each window:  USA
This is taken from GNOME/System/Preferences/Keyboard

Regards, z
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: