Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to remove mods?  (Read 21106 times)
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2010, 09:25:45 AM »

I'd be curious to know if anyone has ever successfully auto-downloaded an OA patch and I'd be more curious to know how this could ever been happened Huh
I have

I never even noticed the check because it only applies to UDP downloads. HTTP-redirect is not affected.

In addition the code that tells the client what to look for is hardcoded to only look for id packs in baseq3 (ignoring the BASEGAME defined) and missionpack. The missionpack folder might be affected this.

The result is that openarena can reference to an external location where the client can autodownload from.

EDIT: In addition it might be that the filename must not have anything added like: pak2-players != pak2

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2010, 10:04:27 AM »

I never even noticed the check because it only applies to UDP downloads. HTTP-redirect is not affected.

In addition the code that tells the client what to look for is hardcoded to only look for id packs in baseq3 (ignoring the BASEGAME defined) and missionpack.

EDIT: In addition it might be that the filename must not have anything added like: pak2-players != pak2

Definitely yes , I didn't notice that ...

I've asked because I saw many clients trying to connect while playing OA085 servers , most of them get disconnected with the UnPure client detected message. I thought it was a problem with autodowload , so they all have auto-download off indeed.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2010, 04:58:24 AM »

- put the patch on the server, with baseoa
- connect to it ... if I haven't already the patch in my installation (or .openarena) dir, it downloads it.
... at least, that's what happened when I quickly tried when 085 was out.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: