Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No Response from Master Server ---help!!  (Read 6692 times)
zigguruat
Nub

Cakes 1

« on: May 07, 2010, 11:42:26 AM »

I used to play OA on my old laptop that had windows xp on it. I changed to a newer laptop running 64-bit windows 7. I downloaded the latest version and patch of OA and now i can't play multiplayer bcuz it says there is no response from the server
I searched the boards and havent exactly found an answer yet.

Details: I've already turned off my firewall, and i even tried running OA in compatibility mode for windows xp SP2 and SP3
I would rather not have to specify and ip address every time i want to play online.

Has anybody had any luck in fixing this yet?

EDIT: I have also tried using all possible internet connections specified in the network options
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 12:18:10 PM by zigguruat » Logged

War doesn't decide who is right...only who is left
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 11:54:07 AM »

I don't know. I hope someone may help you. Waiting for a better reply, you could use an DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Servers#Tools]external server browser, like Qtracker...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
zigguruat
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 12:19:40 PM »

I would prefer not to have to use something like qtracker but if nobody is able to give me an answer i may have to

zigguruat
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 02:28:26 PM »

I figured out the problem! Apparently when I tried to open open arena when my firewall was open, my firewall added the "Master Server" to the list of blocked IP's in the registry. so even though the firewall was shutdown, the computer still blocked the connection...i manually added openarena.exe to my trusted programs list and it fixed the problem.

Hopefully if anybody else has this problem this solution works for them! if anybody reads this feel free to pm me!

RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 03:49:31 PM »

Why I never use firewalls...
zigguruat
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 06:54:10 AM »

Well i had to install it for my computer security class, and it was working well so i guess i just didn't bother to un install...maybe ill change my mind

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: