plasma gun - 1 (3.7%)
grappling hook - 0 (0%)
nail gun - 7 (25.9%)
proximity mine - 11 (40.7%)
chain gun - 4 (14.8%)
Total Voters: 27

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: which weapon is worser?  (Read 39495 times)
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« on: May 12, 2010, 11:53:10 PM »

what is ur hateurite weapon?which is the hardest to use?
which is the worst?

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 08:17:07 AM »

Invert mouse with autoswitch weapon on.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 09:52:53 AM »

rofl
HITMAN

Cakes 6

The doctor is in the house!

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 01:58:18 PM »

Technically, the answer would be grappling hook. Since it only does 1 damage but i dont classify that as a weapon. I think Nailgun is the worst. Plasma close 2nd. Both weapons requires predetermining where your enemy will be positioned.

h!+m@n * d/hit/p + kozak6 / CloudStrife - (Orochi + {C}easar) = a whole buncha screenames
HelloKitty!
Lesser Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 02:02:35 PM »

Invert mouse with autoswitch weapon on.
No! Fail!

<3 invert mouse, can't play without it.

This poll is missing teh grenade launcher. The ultimate spamming weapon. No skill, all camping.

Grenade launcher and plasma gun are defrag weapons. They're not supposed to be used in any other mod.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 02:28:53 PM »

grappling hook. Since it only does 1 damage...
1 or 2 damage?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
MIOW
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

I play to win.

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 04:47:14 PM »

Voted proxy mines.

Plasma rox, and shouldn't be on this poll. But people don't use it often in OA CTF because of too powerful instant-hit weapons, bad maps design and lack of skill.

This poll is missing teh grenade launcher. The ultimate spamming weapon. No skill, all camping.

Dunno, maybe in FFA on small Q1 maps with too few spawnpoints it is... otherwise it's not.

Grenade launcher and plasma gun are defrag weapons. They're not supposed to be used in any other mod.

They are, check default Q3 maps, and pretty much any good map has them.
dbX

Cakes 11

Shazpaca!

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 07:21:21 PM »

There are no bad weapons. Only those I suck at using.

In defeat we learn.
HelloKitty!
Lesser Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 06:45:23 AM »

Dunno, maybe in FFA on small Q1 maps with too few spawnpoints it is... otherwise it's not.
Yup.

But the FFA spamming has crippled me and I have an organic hatred for the weapon. For a long time, I refused to have a bind for it Smiley

They are, check default Q3 maps, and pretty much any good map has them.
You are taking my post too seriously.
GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 04:26:40 AM »

I should say that it depends on the gametype you play and map.

For all maps and gametypes, it's BFG (too speedy and powerful at the same time, can be good but with only very low ammo and easy to shoot place, like in the last map in Q3 against Xaero, else no).

For CTF, it's the proximity mines of course, because it kills the team strategy and replace it by a mere mines spamming (I voted against it, because it's the only weapon that really can kill the game for me).

Chaingun in DM, but in CTF it can be very annoying too if the player has too many ammo (but I guess it's ok, with time it annoys me less as I can see its cons).

Grappling Hook is not really a weapon, it's a gameplay addition, I don't like it but I can consider it can be fun for some people, just a matter of preference.

Nailgun and plasma are (very) fine for me, they are balanced.
NetMassimo
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 06:06:34 AM »

I don't like proximity mines as I see them more as a position defense weapon rather than a weapon to frag your opponents so they take away my fun.

I don't understand the hatred for nailgun: it's not easy to use but I have a lot of fun with it.

Ciao Smiley
Massimo
tosk1
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 01:03:36 AM »

There are no bad weapons. Only those I suck at using.

I hear you brother

Mine is the proximity mines. They involve putting them where you think people will step on them, or being able to lob them at the right time and all that thinking involved and meh....

I don't understand the hatred for nailgun: it's not easy to use but I have a lot of fun with it.

Absolutely Smiley I quite agree

Dreamcast at car boot sale - £4
Quake 3 disc from 2nd hand shop - £3
Dreamcast Keyboard and mouse - £8
42" LCD TV - £400

Having an awesome old school Q3 gaming rig - Priceless
Logan

Cakes 2

I'm one of those Canadians you've heard about

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 01:31:15 AM »

I voted for  the  Proxy  mines.  They  don't kill fast enough for  my liking.
The  only  good  quality  is  sticking  someone  with them, which is  fun and  cute,  but not worth your  time since it  still takes forever for  them to go  off, and it's not a sure kill since  you can survive if your underwater.

*Logan*

Let Me Kill You In Open Arena--> Digichalk 0.8.5
Let Me Kill You In Quake Live--> Logan26
cheb
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 09:59:55 PM »

I don't see the railgun in this list, which is the worst weapon ever both when used by you (too chancy however good you are with it, and too low damage-per-second) and when used against you (spoils a lot of the fun  Sad )

The only good thing with railgun is the satisfaction you get sneaking up on a camper and mining him without him noticing it.  Evil Then watch him go boom and your heart is all warm and fuzzy and stuff.

All other weapons have their points (I've never seen grappling hook, though)

Imma lazy dreamer. I achieved nothing.
cheb
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 10:11:18 PM »

P.S. Mines aren't a good defense weapon. You only have to gain a decent speed to fly past them before they explode. When I gain speed on Hydronex running for the enemy base I just smirk seeing the rich mine fields the opponents have laid for me. All they do is beep and explode impotently behind my back as I sped by. Which, I must add, also clears the way for my not so speedy comrades.

Also, you can defuse mines by walking into their detection radius then backing away as they beep. Allows you to clear the mine fields relatively quickly, taking little to no damage.
Nah, the mines are good only for mining your opponents directly. But they are so much fun to use  Azn

P.P.S I also like nailgun a lot, it has so much in common with Rocket Lauincher. Predict your opponent's movement and he's a toast Smiley

Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 04:54:39 AM »

I don't see the railgun in this list, which is the worst weapon ever both when used by you (too chancy however good you are with it, and too low damage-per-second) and when used against you (spoils a lot of the fun  Sad )

WTF are you talking about? The railgun is the best weapon in the game and requires the most skill. I love it.

*Logan*

Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 05:25:29 AM »

Cheb I don’t think the rail gun is to chancy too use. It requires skill and confident in oneself to make the shot. Also about the rail gun spoiling ones fun by this I think you are probably talking about rail campers while I do think they are annoying they are usually just new players who don’t know want to do so they just camp give it time and they will hopefully figure out the game and if not just kill them a few times and they will stop camping in that area. Finally I was wondering if I am the only one thinking that maybe there should be another rail gun on the lower platform on CTF4ish so you can counter the enemy railer up on the platform.
Logan

Cakes 2

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2010, 05:33:03 AM »

Finally I was wondering if I am the only one thinking that maybe there should be another rail gun on the lower platform on CTF4ish so you can counter the enemy railer up on the platform.

Sounds good to me! The more railguns the better. Smiley

*Logan*

Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 05:54:16 AM »

Finally I was wondering if I am the only one thinking that maybe there should be another rail gun on the lower platform on CTF4ish so you can counter the enemy railer up on the platform.

Ouch, I'm already pissed by those who get the railgun on top platform, and come down and "stay in defense" (even if they hit you from the other side of the map, leaving you no chance to approach), and I fear it'd turn into an instagib like game, try it on this map, it turns particularly awful (well, it's another gameplay standard). Not the first time we discuss about railers on this map. Some other versions of ctf4ish from uM clan have been attempted to replace railguns with other stuff, but they're not really used.

RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2010, 11:19:45 AM »

Rail, space maps and CTF is rubbish anyway.
WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2010, 01:26:59 PM »

After a lot of playing around, I'd say the chain gun.  It uses gobs of ammo to do limited damage at any reasonable range.  By the time you're close enough to do much damage, almost any other weapon will work as well.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
cheb
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2010, 03:27:17 PM »

that maybe there should be another rail gun on the lower platform on CTF4ish so you can counter the enemy railer up on the platform.
Absolutely not! There's BFG for that.
Also, you can easily machinegun the camper: first jump down onto the jumppad below your base, then aim and zoom beforehand. When you come close to the top of your apex, start machinegunning him. If he's on the  opposite half of the map, you've already covered half the distance, plus you took him by surprise. A noob would be unable to react while you are landing in the map center. Run to the jumppad and fall onto him from a slightly curved path, all the while showering him with bullets. A noob camper would have negligible chance to hit you.
If you have a RL, even better. Use the same approach and treat him to couple rockets. As they hit at once, there'd be an almost guaranteed splat.

With three noob campers on the same platform things get more chancy, but the bigger your satisfaction wnen they go splat all at once.

I don’t think the rail gun is to chancy too use. It requires skill and confident in oneself to make the shot.
The thing is, I either get a half dozen hits in row, or a half dozen misses. It comes in series Sad
I too play Instagib sometimes, but the problem is that's a totally different type of play. railguns and normal game just don't mix.
And there is one powerful Murphy law of railguns: No matter what, you have NO chance to hit the enemy flag carrier as he approaches his goal. Cry

HelloKitty!
Lesser Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2010, 05:33:21 AM »

That is an experience issue. RG is very difficult to master, and in order to become good with it, you need really good prediction and map understanding. If you look at great railers, they will aim at the correct spot before the person even arrives. This takes lots of skill and training, and very few people achieve it.

Most of us have inconsistent results with the railgun, like you describe. It makes the weapon unreliable, and you don't like using it as a result -- the more important the shot, the more nervous you get, the more you miss. But if you spec some great 1vs1 players, they are really consistent because they know exactly where to aim, and don't need huge mouse movement Smiley
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2010, 06:19:14 AM »

I almost never use railgun, however I'm pretty sure I can be not so bad at using it Tongue
When you play, you practice an overall. Well, what I'm saying is obvious, some good q3 player who never played T.A. will beat someone who trained with nailgun at his own game.

HelloKitty!
Lesser Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2010, 06:21:15 AM »

Yeah, I've had a Counter Strike guy who had never seen Quake before whoop my ass in instagib Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: