Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.9.0 player model/skin todo  (Read 114515 times)
Joe le Kiffeur
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2010, 09:51:51 PM »

Good work Fromhell.
There is a little problem: your female models are too sexy, how to a male player can win?  Grin
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2010, 07:07:39 AM »

Beret? But he needs a better face...  Cool

Gargoyle? But improving that crosses into furry territory...  Lips Sealed

Sergei? Maybe. He looks like edward cullen on stuff right now

Not a lot of shirtless/pantsless males in the game unfortunately. Sadly, the only Mr. Fanservice is Beret and Gargoyle

I did however improve the mesh of gargoyle during reanimation to get rid of that stupid boxtorso issue that makes him look like a fat wad of muscle. Looks much more leaner now (strangely close to asian bodybuilder physique) and I've edgesplitted around the muscle areas, lowered polies, improved his face among other things. (Uncut pack fans: also it's shorter, more covered, bit more tasteful now. If you think that's offensive... you haven't seen the game Dante's Inferno)

« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 07:32:03 AM by fromhell » Logged

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2010, 12:20:43 PM »

The new look to Gargoyle kinda reminds me of  the bad gremlins from the movie Gremlins. Anyway ever thought of giving him a scale skin ?
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2010, 12:30:40 PM »

No but feel free to make one. I'm not doing new skins, just fixing the existing. For gargoyle the UV mapping is the same, so the skins made for it should be backwards compatible

Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2010, 02:12:08 PM »

Angelyss is sliced. Firstly I thought it was only the Dark skin, but the Angelyss variant shows that as well.

Otherwise, they are nice.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2010, 03:11:40 AM »

What about less naked characters, and more variety of them? More aliens, monsters, robots... something odd like Orbb (DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Character_ideas]Possibilities are almost unlimited)...

I suppose the DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/FAQ#Models_and_bots_designed_for_Quake_3]incomplete compatibilty with Q3A bots (that need to be hacked to be fixed) causes many beautiful 3rd party models designed for Quake3 not to be used in OpenArena by the users.... thus I think we should give to the users a wider select of default characters, instead of re-model and re-skin the same two or three "hot-babes" at every release. Obviously, IMHO.

By the way, is it planned to create models/bots with all the names of the models/bots from Q3A (even like simple "redirects" to existing OA models, like Sarge --> Grism), to improve compatibility with Q3A mods that search for them? Maybe similar redirects could even be done with maps...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 03:39:24 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2010, 08:21:15 AM »

Gig you I agree that maybe adding some new characters is good but before adding them we should try and make sure others will use them or else there is no point in having them. I mostly see people use Grism, Angelyess, Assassin and Skelebot the rest are largely forgotten. So we should try and figure out why people seem to like those characters and design future characters to incorporate things people like about those characters. The same goes for maps some people want more and more maps but there really is no point in making them if no one plays them most servers I play on seem to all have the same type of maps and I find the reason being is because they seem to flow and have good weapons placement and seem like they are more thought out than others.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2010, 02:50:51 PM »

Before we do new characters how about we make the current cast not suck so much first eh

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2010, 02:55:47 PM »

Beret's face can be done better, no dubt. But models like Angelyss are already done better than some official characters like, for example, some from Star Trek Elite Force, IMHO.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: