Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Solved] Openarena hitch warning server not on Dpmaster  (Read 7905 times)
Virus
« on: August 15, 2010, 10:56:24 AM »

Hi i setupped a server with excessiveplus mod it runs fine for a few weeks sometimes i get hitch warning but no probem yesterday the serevr wasn reacheable by openarena and  i searched it on dpmster but nothing  Rest In PEACE! i can join the server by my pc because i foud it in local so there is a solution to this problem??' i host the server with a home connection but runs good weeks ago i restarted the server more times but nothing i have hitch warning up to 2000  Undecided
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 12:38:33 PM by Virus » Logged
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 01:30:27 AM »

Not sure...
I guess you could try to check if there are other programs running in your machine that use too much CPU, or try to defragment your hard disk, or try to give an higher priority to the server process (under Microsoft Windows, you can do this using ''Task Manager'' or the good ''Process Explorer'' from Sysinternals), or to restart your machine.

PS: Did you install some software updates to your system in the last days?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Virus
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 06:00:29 AM »

no i use ubuntu 10.04 the server runs on my home pc no i don't have installed new programs  Undecided  Cry
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 06:10:46 AM »

Checked for some recently DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/FAQ#Where_are_autodownloaded_files_saved.3F]autodownloaded pk3 file that may have compromised your OpenArena? Seems strange for this problem, but... who knows?

About the server not being shown in the server list (are you sure you are using "dedicated 2" mode?), try to take a look DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Multiplayer#IPs.2C_routers_and_firewalls]here...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Virus
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 07:22:05 AM »

the server worked for past weeks only now goes to let em alone xd the serevr runs good bots maps everything ok but not on dpmaster yes it runs with dedicated 2

ps i forgot an important thing the server are based on excessiveplus mod
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 07:52:52 AM by Virus » Logged
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 07:54:19 AM »

Already tried to reboot the router?

Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 09:42:01 AM »

Were your firewall or router rules edited ?
Also check your local IP Address didn't change, did you ensure to make it static ?

Todo: Walk the cat.
Virus
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 11:21:16 AM »

solved i rmoved the +set fs_homepath my player openarena folder where are my player maps and cfgs and setted +set fs_basepath the server path and now works i think the problem was a new pk3 in my player folder  Cheesy Grin Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: