Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: new map for oa!  (Read 87747 times)
seven
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2011, 06:30:05 PM »

Tested. Nice, but there are still some problems.
- Some kind of conflict with something (I really don't know what), that requires to play it on a clean installation, in order to get the right rocky textures (otherwise, you see almost everything plain grey)
- After you get the right textures working, here comes a low framerate problem. Maybe some strange shader? When there is the texture problem, the framerate is muuuuch better.
- Gameplay design still allows to start from your own base and capture the flag in few seconds, using jump-pads, mid-air control and teleporters.

Note: this version is called TBS12, but that name has been used for a previous version, too.

Wink
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 09:35:22 PM by seven » Logged
seven
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2011, 09:33:14 PM »

Tested. Nice, but there are still some problems.
- Some kind of conflict with something (I really don't know what), that requires to play it on a clean installation, in order to get the right rocky textures (otherwise, you see almost everything plain grey)
- After you get the right textures working, here comes a low framerate problem. Maybe some strange shader? When there is the texture problem, the framerate is muuuuch better.
- Gameplay design still allows to start from your own base and capture the flag in few seconds, using jump-pads, mid-air control and teleporters.

Note: this version is called TBS12, but that name has been used for a previous version, too.

- on server all works good check on GoD oa server, you don't need clean instal.
- mostly object and mostly texture are me. It is on GPL 3. One model and one texture are not me. I work on this.
- I lost good compile settings after foramting from GTK Radiant. In this settings map works good. But it can be illusion, I make a version without screw pike in tunel. I think that it make a problem with fps.
- General concept is good, I think Wink
- and I would like find solution for more dark shadow. I use shader for shadow  for example(mix shadow texture with normal texture):
textures/lm/plarform1
{
   qer_editorimage textures/lm/plarform1.jpg
   surfaceparm nonsolid
   {
      map textures/lm/plarform1.jpg
   }
   {
      map textures/lm/rustymetal.jpg
      tcMod scale 24 24
      alphaGen lightingSpecular
   }
   {
      map textures/lm/plarform1.jpg
      blendfunc add
      alphaGen lightingSpecular
   }
   {
      map $lightmap
      blendfunc filter
      rgbGen identity
      tcGen lightmap
   }
}

This solution are good for the extrior/openair place, but in interior it don't look good. When I use q3map shadow, the map are to large, and work too slow (great problem with fps). I need a help in this issues.

seven
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2012, 07:19:30 PM »

new link to tbs12
http://download.tuxfamily.org/openarena/upload/
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: