Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: sos_ctf4ish  (Read 21363 times)
adriano

Cakes 4

« on: November 13, 2012, 11:13:33 AM »

Final release download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/71172136/sos_ctf4ish.pk3

-----------------------------------------
old post down here
-----------------------------------------
Hello all,

I write here again to present you a modified oa_ctf4ish map which is still in progress and I hope to find again some helpful  and gently persons here like I already had once. =)
sos_ctfish will be the future map name and the project was to bring all ideas of SoS-members into this map to make a fun map which is also playable.  Cool
You can test the map by downloading it here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/71172136/sos22b.pk3 (beta)

Firstly I show you some pics to give an impression but if you want to hear our own made sound (by our new member flash) then you have to download the map. =)

OK, now the things I would like to ask you... maybe you can give me some tipps:

1. How can I make a levelshot without having datas on the screen like flagg counter and "SPECTATOR press ESC and..." ?
2. Idk if I can do something on this problem... when the music ends and rebegin, then there is always a lag of 1second. =/

How you see, you can jump in the tunnel there and downwards there is a rail with 5shots. My idea is now to make a rotating door which looks like a high cylindrical ring but on one side opened (see my crappy picture punched) so that you can jump in the hole/tunnel ONLY when the rotating door is in the right position...it is rotating all time but very slowly, so let's say e.g. every 2minutes the door is in a position where you can join in and for 30seconds you can still join in and then (after 30sec) it gets too small to enter there. All that just to allow only a periodic time to use the rail but without bringing the respawn time of rail higher.

Well the question... there is no question here yet cause I didn't test it yet how it works but maybe you just know how I can handle it? I mean how I can handle in gtkradiant that the door rotates in his own axis for a certain time? =)

4. It is hard to discribe it exactly... it is better to see it in game... there are sometimes problems with the jumppads in the tunnel that sometimes doesn't work and Idk how I should build them to let them work always rightly... maybe I do principially something wrong or there are just not positioned perfectly...Huh?

So that is enough, I would be really happy to get some help and also oppinions.... and I wish you some fun!  Grin
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 02:13:47 AM by adriano » Logged
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 11:47:44 AM »

About 1)... To hide the hud: /cg_draw2d 0 (default is 1)

About 3)... I suppose you are searching for rotating objects.
About rotating objects, they are usually not very used, due the bad scrolling the viewer has when standing over them. The next OpenArena release will probably include a fix that makes that smoother, but anyway any old mod will continue showing them in the old way, so it will continue to be good to do not use them too much. If you wanna test what I'm saying, you can try the test map I did here and test it with current OpenArena 0.8.8 and with the experimental fix that is included in OAX Beta 51 mod (for info about how to use OAX, see DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/OAX]here).

Anyway, seeing the way you are thinking to use them, I suppose the smoothness would not be a problem.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 12:22:42 PM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 01:42:06 PM »

Hi everibody  Grin

1) For what i know there is no way that you can make a timed rotating object, sorry.
2) About music, it gives me an error. OA write in the console that is not a 22k sound file, but the music work well.....  Huh Huh Tongue
3) Other stuff here:

BTW good job !!  Grin

EDIT-> P.S.: Sorry, i haven't see the passage in the tunnel  Tongue
P.P.S.: Sorry for my english but i'm Italian  Tongue
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 03:32:13 PM by Akom74 » Logged

...sorry for my English, i'm Italian... Tongue

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 01:37:29 AM »

2) About music, it gives me an error. OA write in the console that is not a 22k sound file, but the music work well.....  Huh Huh Tongue
I'm unsure (others should know better), but I think this is quite common since OA added the music. That message is not an error, but just a warning... Quake3 expected 22kHz sound files, but OA added higher quality ones. I don't know if later OA versions will change music quality, or if that message will be removed (or moved to the "developer 1" verbose console logging only).

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 10:15:27 AM »

2) About music, it gives me an error. OA write in the console that is not a 22k sound file, but the music work well.....  Huh Huh Tongue
I'm unsure (others should know better), but I think this is quite common since OA added the music. That message is not an error, but just a warning... Quake3 expected 22kHz sound files, but OA added higher quality ones. I don't know if later OA versions will change music quality, or if that message will be removed (or moved to the "developer 1" verbose console logging only).

Everytime the music restart it gives me this error, don't know why.....

Bye.
 Wink

adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 11:48:09 AM »

Thank you for answers, you were again faster than the internet connection.  Cheesy

• About the rotating object I'll just give it a try as soon as I find some time; good info Gig.
  • And about Akom74's picture: 1.) Yes. Will be fixed. 2.) As you see in my pictures I normally see the texture. I am a bit unsure why you see the textures like that... maybe because of a texturepack??? Or I only see them? punched
  • about music 22k warning/error or what else: I think Gig is totally right. I get this message also in other maps. But still there it lags when the music restarts.

p.s. I think all in this topic are Italian, aren't we?  Wink
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 07:14:55 AM »

For the moment, yes.  Smiley

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 06:04:38 AM »

Thank you for answers, you were again faster than the internet connection.  Cheesy

Grin

Quote from: adriano
And about Akom74's picture: 1.) Yes. Will be fixed. 2.) As you see in my pictures I normally see the texture. I am a bit unsure why you see the textures like that... maybe because of a texturepack??? Or I only see them? punched

Maybe you used an original Q3A texture ? Or something else similar ? I've tryed the map in Q3A and it show me the original texture frozen, don't know why ..... Anyone else have noticed the same thing ?

about music 22k warning/error or what else: I think Gig is totally right. I get this message also in other maps. But still there it lags when the music restarts.

It lag because of the error/warning  Tongue

Of course my friend  Grin

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 12:05:48 AM »

Hi. I've noticed that you've placed the GPL license file, but there's no .map file included on it. Can you upload it as well?

PD: C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER! (?)

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
MegaAIM
I DERAIL BY PLUGGING MY CHANNEL AND COMPLAIN THAT ITS REMOVED
Nub

Cakes -8

Why shoot the corpse once, if theres 50 in my gun?

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 10:28:16 AM »

This map was included on FG's server. I havent played much on it but its a boost to those who love the map.

I quite frankly cant stand the original version.
adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 03:01:32 AM »

Hello all,
firstly, merry christmas to all and happy new year! Cheesy

Now that I've some time, I want to bring this map to a final version by including all the missing things. So I hope it will be a nice gift.^^

EDIT: I also added some things, tomorrow I will compile the map. =)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 02:03:57 PM by adriano » Logged
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2012, 07:33:51 AM »

We'll be waiting. Smiley

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
MegaAIM
I DERAIL BY PLUGGING MY CHANNEL AND COMPLAIN THAT ITS REMOVED
Nub

Cakes -8

Why shoot the corpse once, if theres 50 in my gun?

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2012, 08:02:33 AM »

Hello all,
firstly, merry christmas to all and happy new year! Cheesy

Now that I've some time, I want to bring this map to a final version by including all the missing things. So I hope it will be a nice gift.^^

Looking forward to it Adriano : )
adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2012, 05:25:05 AM »

Edit: Need to edit smth (I deleted post), map will be ready in 2hours...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 05:59:32 AM by adriano » Logged
adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2012, 08:21:43 AM »

And here it is... final release: http://www.file-upload.net/download-6970226/sos_ctf4ish.pk3.html

readme.txt:
Code:
Title                   	: sos_ctf4ish
PK3 Name                 : sos_ctf4ish.pk3
Date : 25/12/2012
Author                 : *SoS*AdR!aNo
Home Page : http://www.sosclan.sosforum.net/
Copyright/Permissions : gpl-2.0 (see file COPYING in maps-folder)

Installation : To install, simply place sos_ctf4ish.pk3 in the baseoa folder of your
 Openarena directory.
Map-Info : This map is a modified version of oa_ctf4ish (GTKRadiant v1.5 used). The idea of this little project was to bring all ideas of our clan members in it.
 The music was produced by *SoS*Flash, also know as 'Jonas Fynn'.
MOD : CTF
Bot Support : Yes
Thanks to : the whole SoS-Team, especially...
- Flash...for the produced music, amazing!
- AssY...for giving disponible his FTP-Server and really much testing
- Sammy...for the idea to make a hole in the pipe to get the rail and making always aviable the game server to test
- AmonRa...for giving ideas about placing weapons in the map
- THOR...for the redesign idea of the upperst old-rail-platform
- and nearly all SoS... for testing the map and for the motivation :)

...and the OA.ws-team, especially...
- Gig...for his suppot help
- Akom74 and Neon_Knight...for finding mistakes

THANK YOU ALL! ;)

HF!!!

p.s. rotating object worked, thx Gig, but then I decided to change the map a bit and left it away
p.p.s. don't forget to set /s_musicvolume 1 while testing Wink
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 08:47:41 AM by adriano » Logged
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2012, 08:48:51 AM »

Nice job Adriano !!

But i'm sorry to tell you that you forgot to fix the texture misalignement for the red and blue lights under the bases Tongue

Wink

adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2012, 10:05:48 AM »

Nice job Adriano !!

But i'm sorry to tell you that you forgot to fix the texture misalignement for the red and blue lights under the bases Tongue

Wink

Grazie mille & ye, I forgot it but np. punched
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2012, 11:18:13 AM »

OA now has some nice replacememnts for the old ctf4ish Smiley
Will you post it @ the SVN thread?

Anyway adriano: some interest to participate here:
http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=4679
Would be nice to see you there with a new one Wink
adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2012, 12:33:46 PM »

OA now has some nice replacememnts for the old ctf4ish Smiley
Will you post it @ the SVN thread?
Not yet. First I want to see the acceptance of the map online (if they like it more or less or if they dislike totally punched or if there is a big bug etc.).
Then there will be always time for SVN. =)

Anyway adriano: some interest to participate here:
http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=4679
Would be nice to see you there with a new one Wink
Thx, I already have noticed that but it is good that you remind me. I am near at the end of my studies, so it will be hard to find some time, but unless that, I will take this in cosideration for the future (even if I can promise nothing), cause I want to do still a FFA-map... ETA 2013 Wink
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2013, 09:16:36 AM »

New link: http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=5913

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: