Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing Excessive Plus 2.2b  (Read 12563 times)
WaspKiller
Bigger member

Cakes 8

« on: December 04, 2011, 09:20:57 AM »

I would like to formally introduce Excessive Plus (E+) version 2.2b which was released in 3 iterations during the Summer.  It marks the first version in the 2.x series not developed by a member of WASP.

The Mod has excellent compatibility with OA 0.8.1, 0.8.5, and 0.8.8 RC1 build 111119.

Some of the latest optional features include:

01. Quake Live physics,

02. Cylindric hitboxes,

03. A new anti-cheat system to catch most of the annoying aim bots and auto-shoot hacks,

04. An expanded callvote configuration giving server admins absolute control,

05. Frame-rate independent physics to make the game generally more fair, especially to those with less powerful hardware and slower Internet connections,

06. A new console which allows players to see proper clan tags with extended styles applied, which should make the whole thing more readable/useful. Being an dirty engine hack, this might fail for some, so to get back the original console, simply set xp_drawConsole "0".

07. Control of ambient sounds (xp_ambient) and enemy sounds (xp_enemySound "gargoyle").  Better alignment of enemy models to their actual hitbox (xp_modelScale) and during jumping animations (xp_modelJump).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The WASP Clan will be hosting a public FragFest entitled "Tagged and Captured 4 Xmas!" later this month.  Details will be posted in the next day or two.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click here for the most up-to-date and complete E+ OA package - Excessive Plus 2.2b for OpenArena 0.8.1 or higher.

IMPORTANT:  Players and server admins must remove all previous .dll and .so files in their current excessiveplus directory (folder), otherwise their client/server will continue to load an older version of E+.

Info for Current E+ Server Admins using versions 1.04 through 2.1:

All configuration files now use the same advanced parser/script engine which you already knew from the weapon/game configurations.

Be sure to check the included callvote.txt, crontab.txt and rotation.txt to get the idea of the new options available.

That said, you can now use complex if-else constructs everywhere: map rotation file, crontab, map entity files (.ents and .add) and and new optional callvote configuration. While this is a good thing, it also means that most rotations will not load anymore due to syntax errors.

Map Rotation changes:

You will need to adjust all the assignments your rotation might have.

// Excessive Plus v2.x ~ v2.1
timelimit: 10
fraglimit: 50
/load conf/plusd.cfg

// Excessive Plus v2.2x
$timelimit = 10;
$fraglimit = 50;
$xp_config = "plusd";

If you have conditional maps in the rotation, you will have to make adjustments like below (see ChangesLog.txt for more details especially random maps)

// Excessive Plus v2.x ~ v2.1
oasago2
if ( g_gametype == 3 && xp_activeClients > 6 ) { hydronex2 }
else { p37ctf2 }
oa_bases7  { $g_motd = "^5Game Type = ^3Capture The Flag - ^4Next Map = ^2ps9ctf";
     capturelimit: 12
    xp_suddenDeath: 1
}
ps9ctf

// Excessive Plus v2.2
oasago2
if ( $g_gametype == GT_TDM && activeClients() > 6 ) { hydronex2 }
// the else is optional, you don't have to
// even out maps for a condition anymore
p37ctf2
oa_bases7  { $g_motd = "^5Game Type = ^3Capture The Flag - ^4Next Map = ^2ps9ctf";
    $capturelimit = 12;
   $xp_suddenDeath = 1;
}
ps9ctf

Note that xp_activeClients now is a function and should become activeClients().

Game Configuration changes:

PHYSICS_NO_RAMP_JUMPS has been removed because it included two physics (PHYSICS_RAMP_JUMPS and PHYSICS_DOUBLE_JUMPS) which could not be toggled separately.  We have also gotten rid of the negation.

If your game style config had PHYSICS_NO_RAMP_JUMPS, just drop it. If it did not have PHYSICS_NO_RAMP_JUMPS you will have to add PHYSICS_RAMP_JUMPS and PHYSICS_DOUBLE_JUMPS to achieve the same behaviour.

We also encourage all game style config authors to evaluate the new PHYSICS_AIR_STEPS and PHYSICS_STEP_JUMPS. They can be a great addition.

Complete E+ Physics are now: PHYSICS_CONTROL_FORWARD | PHYSICS_CONTROL_SIDEWARD | PHYSICS_CONTROL_STOP | PHYSICS_RAMP_JUMPS | PHYSICS_DOUBLE_JUMPS | PHYSICS_AIR_STEPS | PHYSICS_STEP_JUMPS.

Calm is for LOSERS!  ANGER fuels my game and btw you're NEXT!
grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 11:55:03 AM »

Where's the GPLed source code download?

This space is for rent.
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 01:27:05 PM »

E+ is GPL?
grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 01:39:41 PM »

I doubt they bought a Quake 3 license, so it has to be licensed under the GPL.

This space is for rent.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 04:51:09 PM »

You totally missed the Q3A Mod SDK with its own usage rights and license.     This is what Excessive/ExcessivePlus is based on, so it can support Quake3 and its Punkbuster code

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 05:15:36 PM »

Do you happen to have a fully copy of that license? I can only find Quake 3 1.32b source, which is licensed under GPL v2.
The most common excerpt from the SDK one seems to be this;
ID grants to you the non-exclusive and limited right to distribute copies of
the Software free of charge for non-commercial purposes by electronic means
only and the non-exclusive and limited right to use the Software to create
your own modifications (the “New Creations”) for operation only with the full
version of the software game QUAKE III ARENA

I haven't tested this, but if E+ for OpenArena does not work with id Quake 3, they are violating the license.

This space is for rent.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 05:42:53 PM »

AFAIK (but have not tried), E+ is distributed in two different packages: one optimized for Q3A and one optimized for OA. I don't know it the OA package can run under Q3A or not.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
WaspKiller
Bigger member

Cakes 8

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 08:45:46 PM »

E+ is GPL?

No, and it's not likely to be for some time as Easy, a co-original developer and "owner" of the code, has publicly stated so at http://www.excessiveplus.net

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you happen to have a fully copy of that license? I can only find Quake 3 1.32b source, which is licensed under GPL v2.
The most common excerpt from the SDK one seems to be this;
ID grants to you the non-exclusive and limited right to distribute copies of
the Software free of charge for non-commercial purposes by electronic means
only and the non-exclusive and limited right to use the Software to create
your own modifications (the “New Creations”) for operation only with the full
version of the software game QUAKE III ARENA

I haven't tested this, but if E+ for OpenArena does not work with id Quake 3, they are violating the license.

I invite you to contact id or better yet, ZeniMax Media (their parent company) and relay your concerns... seriously, no sarcasm intended.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFAIK (but have not tried), E+ is distributed in two different packages: one optimized for Q3A and one optimized for OA. I don't know it the OA package can run under Q3A or not.

Gig, no need to guess.  The OA Wiki (your baby) has listed since 2009 that E+ comes in 2 separate packages.  And they will ONLY work in their intended environments unless you modify the qvm.

(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mods/Excessive_Plus

I had intended to make this post months ago as I was hoping for a joint release of E+ and the new OA version but I can't postpone the FragFest any longer.

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 09:47:45 PM »

d the new OA version but I can't postpone the FragFest any longer.
Sorry about that. I've been insisted to wait for a mac binary. I do want to release ASAP but people don't want me to leave the mac behind. :/

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
WaspKiller
Bigger member

Cakes 8

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 02:42:46 PM »

d the new OA version but I can't postpone the FragFest any longer.
Sorry about that. I've been insisted to wait for a mac binary. I do want to release ASAP but people don't want me to leave the mac behind. :/

Actually, I hope you do not rush 0.8.8.

I have been following the bugs and you need to make sure that the last version before OA3 is stable and has no show stoppers.

If not, the game will be criticized in the few write-ups we get and that might mean even fewer players coming to check out OA.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: