Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bloom doesen't work anymore  (Read 5842 times)
LauraNeko
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

Picky :)

« on: February 21, 2012, 01:26:31 AM »

bloom doesen't work anymore sicne i have the new patch.
instead it gives me an error message.

WARNING: 'R_InitBloomTextures' no support for 32-bit textures, effect disabled

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 02:08:02 AM »

I know it. I asked many times to Sago and Fromhell to make a clear message in console or in the GUI to advise players about what they have to do in order to use bloom. But they did not do it, and I cannot force them to do what they don't want...

So I explained it here, it's all that I can do: (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Graphic_options#Bloom

In short, now you have to force 32 bit textures option (r_rexturebits 32), or bloom will be automatically disabled (this to workaround a bug that affected bloom in 16 bit textures mode).

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
LauraNeko
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 02:19:53 AM »

so it will use 16 bit textures instead?

Edit(oh nevermind i missinterpreted something)

ok worked!thank you for this information Smiley

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 02:25:32 AM »

Bloom has been disabled if texture quality is set to 0 (default) or 16 (16 bits). It works if you set r_texturebits 32 (32 bits) only. 32 bits textures will be used then for sure, so the engine is sure it will not encounter the 16 bit bloom bug (that was a mysteryous semi-transparent "square" in the lower left corner of the screen).

The error message you read in console is misleading:
WARNING: 'R_InitBloomTextures' no support for 32-bit textures, effect disabled
It refers to an engine component (that requires 32 bit) that tries to call another engine component (that is not set to 32 bits instead), or something similar, and thus it shuts down.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
LauraNeko
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 04:12:02 AM »

very detailed and helpfull information gig! Smiley

but anotehr question.
is there any way for lowering texture quality like picmip does
but only on the walls and ground/map and not on
player models or guns and stuff?
like in quake live
when you set picmip lower in quake live it only affects the map
not the models and other things.

or is tehre any other command for something like this?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: