Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sprint, medals, and weapon animations (possibilities?)  (Read 6281 times)
greezywoap
Nub

Cakes 0

The tip-toppidy bottom.

« on: July 04, 2012, 08:50:07 PM »

Hi, new here. Been modding this game for quite a while (basic stuff) and only recently registered on the site.

While the gameplay of OA (to me) is freakin' amazing, I feel there's just a few things that could be done to make it a touch more awesome. Soooo, I have some questions

Walking/Running mod:
Would it be possible to change walking to the default movement, and make running the secondary? Yes, I know there's the "Always run" option, that's not what I mean. Hear me out. I would like to make it to where running only increases your movement speed; so you can't shoot while running (for the player AND the bots). Basically a "sprint" feature. I'm aware that this wouldn't work online... I only play singleplayer. Check out this video to see what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyJbQw7FFPk
I would also like to make animations for this too (if possible)

Medals mod:
I'm aware that you can make Kill sprees (which I've made) and multi-kills... is it possible to add images to those? Because it would be a lot more fun to see a medal pop up with the announcer yelling "Berserker!!" (15 kills) Tongue ALSO, is there a way to make them permanent? As in permanently replacing the "Excellent" multikill. I'm sure there's a file somewhere for that, I've been trying to find it. And, to store them in the Tournament mode? Again, I know it wouldn't work online, I only play singleplayer. And I'd love to release this if it's possible for me to do. I've already replaced all the Medal icons and sounds. They're pretty great. More medals would be even cooler. Edit: I know about the wiki pages about multikills and stuff; it didn't have an answer to this.

Weapon animations:
I use Blender for 3d animations and I was wondering if it is possible to import the weapon animations into Blender (or any other program), edit them, and import them back into the game. I want to create sprinting animations, edit the jump animations, and a few other things. (just making the game look more...fluid. For lack of better words)
I found a tutorial on how to import/export models with Blender (which is awesome), but I want to know about the animations.

Thanks in advance to anybody to reply with good or bad news Tongue I appreciate it. I wasn't sure how far fetched all of this is, so I figured I should ask. Whatever IS possible, I would love to release it as a mod once I'm done working on it.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 12:40:38 PM by greezywoap » Logged
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 06:30:33 AM »

About Walking/Running and Sprinting:
Quote from: ([b
DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/NOTTODO]Stuff we won't do and never will
Change the core gameplay of the original game. This includes the physics, weapons, and anything that's the default gameplay. That's stuff for a mod, not for the original gameplay.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
greezywoap
Nub

Cakes 0

The tip-toppidy bottom.

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 07:02:07 AM »

Right, this is all for a mod, don't worry. I just wanted to know what's possible and what's not Tongue
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 07:52:18 AM by greezywoap » Logged
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 11:08:20 AM »

Infos about sprees:
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Killing_Sprees,_Death_Sprees_and_Multikills

You may also like
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Medals
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Statistics

(Very latest post before leaving for the wedding trip -by the way, wedding went right-... see you after half July!)

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
greezywoap
Nub

Cakes 0

The tip-toppidy bottom.

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 12:43:17 PM »

Yeah I've read those pages before even posting here  Rest In PEACE! they were helpful, but didn't say anything about making the Multikills permanent or adding medal images to sprees and multikills, unfortunately. 

(Very latest post before leaving for the wedding trip -by the way, wedding went right-... see you after half July!)
Congratulations Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: