Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New soundtrack [Work in progress] EDITED July 15th  (Read 12878 times)
greezywoap
Nub

Cakes 0

The tip-toppidy bottom.

« on: July 08, 2012, 07:35:35 AM »

How's what I've got so far?
The Run (new OA06)
And
Stalemate (new OA02)

Let me know what you think! Good, bad, fix this, fix that, anything Tongue. I'll put it in-game when it's good enough

P.s.
All future songs for this soundtrack will be posted here!

One more question, people! What kind of main melody do you think Open Arena should have? Give me a description below, or email me, or tell me on YouTube. When I have enough feedback, I'll start a poll and we'll see what happens from there.

Thanks guys.

EDIT:: Finished another song.
Also, I've put them both in-game. Not to brag, but it's fun as hell playing with these songs in the background. Can't wait to release the full soundtrack
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 09:35:00 AM by greezywoap » Logged
BlankBruno
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 09:46:35 AM »

How's this for a main menu theme?

Let me know what you think! Good, bad, fix this, fix that, anything Tongue. I'll put it in-game when it's good enough
I like it really well, so far as the song itself goes.  My opinion is that you *might* want to think about boosting the tempo just a little bit, but then I like fast and hard-driving music.  I think that in general music for OA should have a pretty fast tempo, with the possible exception of the really dark maps, and the fun/silly maps.

I look forward to hearing your other songs as you post them.

Good job!  Smiley
greezywoap
Nub

Cakes 0

The tip-toppidy bottom.

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 03:11:11 PM »

Thanks! I think that's a good idea
GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 09:41:59 PM »

Hello,

Sorry I didn't keep with the news about your project, been quite busy on my side.

I listened to the first song (The Run), it's pretty good, and I don't think it needs to be sped up, depends on what you want to achieve: could be better, could be worse.

About Stalemate, I LOVE IT! It has a mysterious and mystic feeling that would fit very well to the game I think. It was not what I would have imagined for the game at first, but I'm pretty convinced by your song, it wouldn't surprise me at all if I'd hear it in-game.

Are you still working on it? Did you contact the devs or did the devs contact you about including the songs in-game?
KrabaT
Nub

Cakes -1

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 03:20:38 AM »

good job (especially the song "the run"), but i really like "a final effort", because it's relaxing (must contrast with the frenetic game) and not tired in time, so it's perfect for openarena, in my opinion. Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: