Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ps7ctf  (Read 9149 times)
PsYthe
Lesser Nub

Cakes 8

Obey 37.

« on: September 26, 2012, 12:47:35 AM »

Alright, I'll be the first to say it: It's a lot like 37 ctf. In fact, it came out so much like it, I figured I'd just call this 37 ctf ultimate, or something of the nature of a food item being suped up to the point of redundancy. Which is sort of what this IS: redundant. However, I'm still pleased with how this turned out, and it's not the same as 37 ctf, just frighteningly similar.

I've noticed some re-makes and even april fools versions of 37 ctf... I love you guys. I hope this "version" of 37 will entertain some of you.

Anyway,

download
http://www.mediafire.com/?oht78b3iq34avpa

screenshots:

PsYthe
Lesser Nub

Cakes 8

Obey 37.

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 08:02:14 PM »

Did anyone end up adding this to their servers? I figure it would be a better alternative in several ways to 37 ctf. I'm just a little concerned with the lack of response, I guess. ... not like I do any mapping nowadays, anyway. I just didn't want to watch my last contribution go into the ashes.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 08:59:48 PM »

Never noticed this one... D/L link still works. What about uploading it to MapRaider? They have OA support.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 07:48:13 AM »

Gave it a quick run.
Pretty impressive, so far!
Though I do miss the water pool with goodie from 37, this map is pretty awesome as it is. There are more routes, more places to cover. I can see it as the DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/OA3]OA3 version of 37 so far. In fact, I do like this map more than the other 37ctf. Congrats!

Just a minor thing: have you considered giving this map support for the other CTF based gametypes? It doesn't matter if nobody plays those modes, perhaps the map is cool in CTF but would be cooler in one of those other modes. So far, I saw it supports well DD and (CTF)Elimination. What about adding support for 1FCTF, Harvester and Overload?

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 02:25:14 AM »

I've quickly tested the map in CTF mode. Not bad.  Smiley
I've noticed two problems:

1) Bots do not roam. What did you use to compile the map and .aas? It looks like the behavior I had when I compiled my map from NetRadiant...

2) The "spawn" text (under the flags) is inverted (like in a mirror). I don't know if it is a generic problem with an OA shader (I've seen similar shaders in other maps, but I don't remember if they were inverted or not), or if it is specific with this map. Maybe is it intentional?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 03:08:27 PM »

2) The "spawn" text (under the flags) is inverted (like in a mirror). I don't know if it is a generic problem with an OA shader (I've seen similar shaders in other maps, but I don't remember if they were inverted or not), or if it is specific with this map. Maybe is it intentional?

I've noticed too, but i think it's an error, he simply turn the brush (or tha patch) and the texture will be ok.

Wink

...sorry for my English, i'm Italian... Tongue

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: