Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: True Combat for OA download  (Read 21964 times)
Rct. Tsoul
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: February 06, 2011, 06:21:53 PM »

I got a True Combat server running and it works at 69.172.231.46:37960 or just connect to it within the built in server browser, first you must install the mod and maps from the links below.
True Combat 1.0 ( install this first )
 http://www.mediafire.com/file/cjc282fo7g4bwa4/tc10.zip

True Combat 1.2 update ( install this second )
 http://www.mediafire.com/file/le1xmfbu1yyg4xr/tc12.zip

Download all these map .pk3 directly to your truecombat folder ( get these last )
 http://www.mediafire.com/?vuw773l5xbi36

Watch Video
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 02:31:32 AM by Rct. Tsoul » Logged
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 06:25:37 AM »

autodownload isn't enabled? (can't test now, from phone).
There aren't that many players reading this forum, so if the only way to play is do the above i don't think you'll get a lot of players.
WaspKiller
Bigger member

Cakes 8

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 10:53:09 AM »

First, since AutoDownload is disabled by default in OA, unlike Q3, Mods will ALWAYS have fewer players than baseoa.  Furthermore, the cryptic message that accompany the disconnect is of no help to most nOObs as you can observe them repeatedly trying to re-connect until they give up in frustration.

Second, if Rct. Tsoul does not have AutoDownloads enabled on his server (so that players do not have to manually download all the stuff he listed) then not only is he starting out with the disadvantage listed above but he'd be truly NUTS!

Calm is for LOSERS!  ANGER fuels my game and btw you're NEXT!
Rct. Tsoul
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 06:59:43 PM »

Your right Waspkiller, I need to get some web space and get that going, but before I do that, I would first like to see if it works with this mod, such as connectiong without the mod, and the entire mod will autodownload, if someone has some webspace to test this on it would be cool, we will need about 600 MB, if it works I will buy some good webspace from Westhost.com
WaspKiller
Bigger member

Cakes 8

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 09:50:58 AM »

For your test try -- http://www.000webhost.com/

They have been around for years and have always offered an impressive free package deal.  The package includes MySQL, php, cron job scheduling, e-mail, ftp, 1500MB space, 100GB Monthly bandwidth, etc.

Note:  I have no affiliation with the Company.  Info provided as a courtesy.

Rct. Tsoul
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 05:15:35 PM »

Been there dont that with 000webhost, now they limit downloads to less than 1 MB and there is no direct linking or file download mirrors allowed even if you buy there service, they release the file size limitation if you pay for the service, but they will cancel you if it is used too much or if the downloads are not originating from a page on there side.
WaspKiller
Bigger member

Cakes 8

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 11:36:45 PM »

...now they limit downloads to less than 1 MB and there is no direct linking or file download mirrors allowed...

So they offer 1500MB space and 100GB Monthly bandwidth on the free package but the max file size is 1MB?  That's like telling a drunk he can have all the booze he wants as long as he uses a thimble.  LoL.

Contact me via E-mail (see my profile).  I can easily spare 1GB space and several GB of bandwidth on one of my servers (Houston, TX USA) for the rest of the Month.  I'll only give you FTP access to upload and HTTP for your redirect.

Rct. Tsoul
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 10:47:23 AM »

Common guys, this mod rocks, all new weapons and gameplay, download the from the links above.
Click here for CHAT ROOM
munkery
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 11:21:08 PM »

Standalone TrueCombat 1.3 for Mac

TrueCombat 1.3 is a Quake 3 mod similar to Urban Terror but with a higher degree of realism. The mod also works with Open Arena.

Using Open Arena and the TrueCombat 1.3 mod files, I have made a self contained application bundle using Automator that launches directly into the TrueCombat 1.3 mod.

The application bundle needs to be placed in the /Applications folder to function properly given the limitations of the shell script run via the Automator application bundle.

To set custom screen resolution, launch the in game console using the ~ key. Then use the following commands:

/r_customwidth XXXX
/r_customheight XXXX
/r_mode -1

Download link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/801xuhzv4mjba55/TrueCombat.dmg

BTW, I don't continually host a game server so it is possible that you may have to start your own.

Link to gameplay video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yItljjthHpk
.Luke
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 11:58:49 AM »

Dunno about the MAC release, but when trying to load it as a mod on the vanilla OA8.8 binary for Linux, it crashes when starting either a single player or multiplayer server, wtf? ;__; Quite sad, I was hoping to enjoy something different from the usual Urban Terror match for a change, but I would probably wind up shooting mostly bots on this, so I'll be sticking to UT for shooting human players either way.

Does this work out of the box on the Windows build, or am I doing something wrong? I kinda keep the whole OA install in /home/.openarena so I can stay up-to-date on binaries and files without pulling a "sudo thunar" every time I need to add or replace something.

|
munkery
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 04:38:32 PM »

I installed it the other day in Linux Mint 13 Maya Cinnamon Edition.

I created a folder called Applications in the users home folder, placed the Open Arena folder in the Applications folder, and placed the TrueCombat folder in the Open Arena folder. Then I believe I had to make the OA binaries executable via the preferences found by secondary clicking the binaries. This setting was found on the permissions tab as far as I remember.

I secondary clicked "Menu" in the menu bar, selected "Edit menu" (same as Alacarte but better integrated in Linux Mint UI), and made a custom launcher pointed at OA but using the TC icon.

The launcher had to be set with the arguments "set fs_game truecombat" appended to the path of OA for the game to launch as TC.

I believe the crash occurs if you don't launch directly into TrueCombat.

Hope this helps.

BTW, I will also have a self contained application bundle for Mac ready for Navy Seals Covert Operations soon. Another great mod unfortunately it doesn't support bots so difficult to start a server with and get people playing. Good for LAN play if you have a group.

I am hoping that if I make these mods easier to get started playing more users will play. I will post links on some Mac focused websites to get thing rolling, hopefully.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 04:48:41 PM by munkery » Logged
.Luke
Nub

Cakes 2

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 02:04:04 PM »

Oh, so that's how you execute mods directly, I thought those parameters only applied to the Windows version of OA. :# It took some poking around with the syntax, but I got it running with this!

Code: (Launcher command)
/home/jonathan/.openarena/openarena.x86_64 set fs_game truecombat

Thanks for the help. ^^ I'll apply this to my Quake III launcher too, so that'll get rid of the need for the Software Center's launch scripts for OA entirely. XD 100% install from scratch, w00t!

Just playing this is blowing me away with how much can be done to the shooting mechanics with just vanilla ioquake3 and QVMs! I figured actions like reloading and grenades needed hard-coded stuff to make it possible. XD Makes me wonder if EA actually changed anything inside the QIII engine for the Medal of Honor games? =P
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 02:08:06 PM by .Luke » Logged

|
munkery
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 11:21:34 PM »

BTW, download the mod files from the official TrueCombat website.

http://www.truecombatelite.com/index.php?page=downloads#q3tc

Also, install this HD texture pack in the baseoa folder.

http://ioquake3.org/extras/replacement_content/

Doing so will make sure very few textures are missing.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 01:43:21 AM »

I've added current site links to the page on the wiki
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/ModCompat/True_Combat
Someone who knows the mod and has got some spare time, may expand it (some other Q3 mods pages, to be used as examples: (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/ModCompat/Target_Quake_Arena, (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/ModCompat/Akimbo).

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: