Poll
Question: Common map naming for OACMP (map dm1/ctf1 as example) [ends 20/12]
oacmpdm01/oacmpctf01 - 2 (28.6%)
oacmpdm001/oacmpctf001 - 0 (0%)
oacmpdm1/oacmpctf1 - 4 (57.1%)
oacmp1dm01/oacmp1ctf01 - 0 (0%)
oacmp01dm01/oacmp01ctf01 - 0 (0%)
Other option (elaborate or your vote won't count) - 1 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 62
  Print  
Author Topic: [REL] OpenArena Community Mappack - Volume 1 - FINAL  (Read 1130727 times)
pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #475 on: March 09, 2013, 02:40:43 AM »

oajgdm3alpha: the red floor is big and very repetitive, please add some distracting details, guiding lines or arrows or some garbage. Many walls are also a huge curved piece of the same texture. Maybe add some tiles or windows, or blood marks, or, well, anything.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #476 on: March 09, 2013, 03:59:48 AM »

Hi everybody.

I have to create the custom teleporter like in the original UT map and i can give you  a playable version soon........ stay tuned....

Wink
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 02:11:00 PM by Akom74 » Logged

...sorry for my English, i'm Italian... Tongue

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #477 on: March 09, 2013, 05:20:03 AM »

The first version looked like some ancient jungle temple or some ziccurat, and gave impression of ritual fight.

The last version looks very much like old ugly Soviet-era buildings, with no windows, made of boring concrete. This could be scaled-up heating plant, or garage complex, if it would have doors.
Although most such buildings are made of bricks.

Arts and Cultural Center in Kiev (although it has at least some windows):

This one is in Berlin:

Somewhere in Ukraine:

adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #478 on: March 09, 2013, 06:35:57 AM »

For the oajgdm3alpha I wasn't so concrete, so take a look now at attachment...

(EDIT: for LG I think place b is better
& flight-item-respawawntime=150seconds maybe?)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 09:56:50 AM by adriano » Logged
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #479 on: March 09, 2013, 01:13:30 PM »

Hi all.

Unfortunately my video-card is gone  Embarrassed Embarrassed
Now, i'm UP with a Riva TNT2  Roll Eyes and i can't try anything.

Lucky for me, the "first look version" was ready and i was testing it when the video-card is burned.... Cry

I know that is a couple of bugs, but now i can't do anything.
The teleporter in the blue base dont work, it's just to see how it look.

Next week i'll buy another video-card and continue to edit this map.

Wink

P.S.: Download the attachment:  Grin

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #480 on: March 11, 2013, 01:21:04 AM »

Taken a look. Nice lights again.  Smiley
I think you may select a (at least slightly) different name than "facing worlds" (it's the same exact name from UT, right?).

You already noticed the flickering textures under the blue base courtyard, right?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #481 on: March 11, 2013, 11:02:19 AM »

Taken a look. Nice lights again.  Smiley
I think you may select a (at least slightly) different name than "facing worlds" (it's the same exact name from UT, right?).

You already noticed the flickering textures under the blue base courtyard, right?

Yes, i've already noticed that bug, i've fixed it. I've also fixed the flame to center they on the "pillars".
With the video-card  on my PC now i can edit but i can't compile the map...... Embarrassed.....

How about the custom teleporter ? It's ok ?

Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #482 on: March 12, 2013, 01:41:47 AM »

How about the custom teleporter ? It's ok ?
Which teleporter? I can see a strange "mirror-like" thing in one of the bases... but it's too black and it seems to do absolutely nothing.

For this map, can you do a try placing one or two hooks? I would like to test that...

@All:
About teleporters, it may be nice if someone of you guys may change one of the teleporters in his map with a "portal" like the one in oa_dm5 ("the cistern" map), where you can see the other side (possibly trying to do not exceed with polygons from the other side to show).
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 03:38:03 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #483 on: March 12, 2013, 01:46:15 AM »

Tried CTF map - the area between the bases is too small, it was much bigger in UT map,l. The bases thselves are way too big - it takes more time to walk around the base than to run to another base and grab the flag.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #484 on: March 12, 2013, 02:48:48 PM »

Update !

Unfortunately my actual video-card suck a lot and i can not compile anything  Embarrassed
....but thanks to Adriano, you can enjoy the map !! (when he compile it)
I have sended him the last version i've finished this evening, i think tomorrow he can give me some suggestion about it.

Things added:

1) Added some teleporters in red and blue base + red and blue roof.
2) Added grappling hook at the center of the map.
3) Now the map is longer than before, the central part take more time  Cheesy
4) Added shotgun and rocket launcher in the bases.
5) Added one railgun for each base plus a couple of ammo, slugs and bullet. On the top obviously  Tongue
6) Some other stuff.

Again, thanks Adriano for helping me (and the community)  Grin Grin

Wink

adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #485 on: March 12, 2013, 05:31:57 PM »

Well, I did a mistake on choosing the right compiling options maybe and I failed in shader for sure, so that the map looks likes that ( I am sorry for that much failing Rest In PEACE! ) :

But at least I hope it is enough to test some things...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 05:34:19 PM by adriano » Logged
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #486 on: March 13, 2013, 03:03:38 AM »

Okay, I tested it. The external part of the buildings is too dark, but probably it is the problem Adriano mentioned.

I can however say that the map is nice, but:
- Are you sure you want to keep the railgun there?
- What about placing more doors at the sides of the buildings, at the lower level at least? At the moment, there is no reason to turn around the building, and it's too easy to shoot at someone who is forced to pass through a single passage! In this optic, also the "green paths" may be "forked" to reach also the corners of the courtyards.
- One would expect those teleporters green texture to be somehow animated (by the way, their design is OK, IMHO)
- I think that the teleporters that bring you at different floors should be of different colors, to more easily identify them. Of course, the teleporter on that floor should match that color.
- One would need some more health and armor bonuses, considering a single railgun hit can kill you.

@Adriano: there is something strange in your screenshots. Apart the fact that one of them seems to show the jump-pad from Q3 instead of from OA... how did you manage to show that oa-branded yellow shield-like thing in the place of the red flag? Did you use some mod? I may have already seen that before, but I don't remember where...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 03:44:59 AM by Gig » Logged

adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #487 on: March 13, 2013, 04:33:27 AM »

@Adriano: there is something strange in your screenshots. Apart the fact that one of them seems to show the jump-pad from Q3 instead of from OA... how did you manage to show that oa-branded yellow shield-like thing in the place of the red flag? Did you use some mod? I may have already seen that before, but I don't remember where...
I have just some pk3 extra placed in my baseoa-folder. E.g. zz-bioFlags.pk3 from BioToxic is the new flag and the jumppad is maybe from a q3-map?

About map:
> Ofc because the skybox doesn't work for now, it doesn't illuminate the outdoor-part.
> If think Gig mean the same.... (when you look at my 3rd picture uploaded above)... you can just stay on upper level and camp easily behind the door.
> I think the latest modified 'Facing Worlds' looks like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7NAYUB1vjw (just to compare),
 but I think it is ok to make some other changes as there are already some. (also see that: http://ws.q3df.org/map/facer2d/ )
> I think some health-powerups is missing and plasmagun
> As said by Gig, there could be another entrance from the side of the base + the passage around the base seems too small.
> I would overwork a bit the middle passage:
a) in original the middle part is like a mountain when you look from side: http://www.ukdk-clan.co.uk/UT3query/pics2/DM-FacingWorlds.jpg ...so you can only see the enemy when he passes the middle part of the map
b) in Akoms version I like that there are more ways, but it could be a bit thicker on some places cause it is easy to fail with all that up and down. Make it easy. =)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 04:37:34 AM by adriano » Logged
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #488 on: March 13, 2013, 10:32:13 AM »

@GiG: 1) What about the grappling Hook ? Have you tested how it work ? You can find them at the center in the external passages.
2) Maybe i can create another passage in the back of the tower.
3) Of course there are only few objects, it's a beta, just to try it, i'm still working on it. Thanks to your (and of all users) suggestions it will be very cool i think.

@Neon_Knight: I'm not sure i can be ready for the next beta, maybe a new PC will come for friday, but i'm not sure....... sorry....

Wink

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #489 on: March 13, 2013, 11:19:16 AM »

If the problem is your CTF map, if you want, I can compile your map. The only thing I'm going to need is the q3map2/bspc switches you use.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #490 on: March 13, 2013, 11:34:22 AM »

I tried the grappling hook, it seems quite useful here. I'm curious to know if bots would use it...

I'm not sure about why Adriano doesn't like the current grass path different height...

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #491 on: March 13, 2013, 12:54:39 PM »

If the problem is your CTF map, if you want, I can compile your map. The only thing I'm going to need is the q3map2/bspc switches you use.

For compiling of my CTF map i have recruited Adriano  Grin  .....
.....no problem for me to send the .map file to you too, but first of all i need Adriano's confirmation if he has time problems.

@GiG: i dont think BOTs use the grappling hook, i have never see them use it.

Wink

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #492 on: March 14, 2013, 03:38:52 PM »

@All: You don't have any problem if I move this deadline towards Monday, isn't it?
Tomorrow's the second beta release, but I want to make sure that everything is up-to-date.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #493 on: March 14, 2013, 04:03:55 PM »

@All: You don't have any problem if I move this deadline towards Monday, isn't it?
Tomorrow's the second beta release, but I want to make sure that everything is up-to-date.

Monday may be better i think, but for "everything" you mean all the maps or just the latest ?
I mean theese:
- oa_akomctf1, by Akom74 (..waiting for Adriano .. Grin .. Tongue .. )
- oa_akomdm5, by Akom74
- oajgdm3, by jangroothuijse
- am_bioxide, by Neon_Knight

P.S.: Can't wait to try your map Neon_Knight, if my new PC come in time in my house  Tongue
P.P.S.: I've forgot to recompile the last version of oa_akomdm1 and you still have the old one, if i can i will recompile and give you the official release version.

Wink

jangroothuijse
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

« Reply #494 on: March 14, 2013, 05:19:11 PM »

For me that would be perfect, i may have been getting a bit behind on fixing my maps.

@All: thnx for the feedback btw, it will be processed this weekend.

@Akom unfortunately for me oajgdm2 and oajgctf1 also need some more work...so expect updated versions of those too
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #495 on: March 14, 2013, 06:23:55 PM »

Monday may be better i think, but for "everything" you mean all the maps or just the latest ?
I mean theese:
- oa_akomctf1, by Akom74 (..waiting for Adriano .. Grin .. Tongue .. )
- oa_akomdm5, by Akom74
- oajgdm3, by jangroothuijse
- am_bioxide, by Neon_Knight

P.S.: Can't wait to try your map Neon_Knight, if my new PC come in time in my house  Tongue
P.P.S.: I've forgot to recompile the last version of oa_akomdm1 and you still have the old one, if i can i will recompile and give you the official release version.

Wink
Every confirmed map for the pack will be released in beta 2. Both new to this beta and those which appeared in beta 1.
It would be nice if you can do that, otherwise, I can compile maps as well. Tongue Just give me the switches you use in q3map2/bspc, and I'll do the rest.

For me that would be perfect, i may have been getting a bit behind on fixing my maps.

@All: thnx for the feedback btw, it will be processed this weekend.

@Akom unfortunately for me oajgdm2 and oajgctf1 also need some more work...so expect updated versions of those too
I'll wait for the updates.

adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #496 on: March 14, 2013, 06:24:09 PM »

For compiling of my CTF map i have recruited Adriano  Grin  .....
.....no problem for me to send the .map file to you too, but first of all i need Adriano's confirmation if he has time problems.
Hey it is no problem.... the problem is when you have nobody that helps you... so it is more than ok for me if Neon_Knight just tries it out, too. But thanks, it was gentleman-like. Wink

Well however, I tried to compile again all (now without extra pk3's) and skybox and teleporter (moving texture) works, BUT skybox doesn't illuminate, so it remains still dark outdoor.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #497 on: March 15, 2013, 01:57:41 AM »

If jan does require some other days, I suppose the deadline for beta2 could be moved to the end of the next week... maybe by that time Akom may have fixed his problems...

However, I don't understand how can the compiling be affected by having a certain video card instead of another one.
By the way, Akom... did you uninstall the old card drivers, before installing those of the new card?

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #498 on: March 15, 2013, 05:04:10 AM »

If jan does require some other days, I suppose the deadline for beta2 could be moved to the end of the next week... maybe by that time Akom may have fixed his problems...

However, I don't understand how can the compiling be affected by having a certain video card instead of another one.
By the way, Akom... did you uninstall the old card drivers, before installing those of the new card?
I'm definitely not against moving the second beta deadline to the end of the next week as well, but by doing that we're going to have less time for polish, unless we move the final release's deadlines a week later.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #499 on: March 15, 2013, 05:27:02 AM »

Well, of course the final release should be shifted, too. It should have already been shifted when we postponed the first beta...

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 62
  Print  

Jump to: