Poll
Question: Common map naming for OACMP (map dm1/ctf1 as example) [ends 20/12]
oacmpdm01/oacmpctf01 - 2 (28.6%)
oacmpdm001/oacmpctf001 - 0 (0%)
oacmpdm1/oacmpctf1 - 4 (57.1%)
oacmp1dm01/oacmp1ctf01 - 0 (0%)
oacmp01dm01/oacmp01ctf01 - 0 (0%)
Other option (elaborate or your vote won't count) - 1 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 62
  Print  
Author Topic: [REL] OpenArena Community Mappack - Volume 1 - FINAL  (Read 1131129 times)
jangroothuijse
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

« Reply #775 on: June 17, 2013, 06:47:30 AM »

@All, especially Akom:
Okay, I've published the source of the jump-pad you liked, just check this thread: http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=4785.0

Feel free to further customize it as you wish.

@All, especially Pelya:
Interesting. Unfortunately, I cannot test it today.
I have to admit I would have preferred if Jan himself would have updated his map, instead of having a "fork". What about sending a PM to Jan, asking him to take a look to your version, and continuing from there if he wants?
About the sky, is it possible that you forgot to add a .shader file from Jan to your shaderlist.txt? It is important, because one may risk that also other shaders may look correctly, but may lack important parameters (examples: emitting light or being non-solid) that are considered by the map compiler only if the shader is listed in shaderlist.txt.
Or maybe Jan forgot to include a .shader file (the one containing the sky) into his package, maybe? With a quick look into his "z_zoajgdm3alpha5.pk3" file, it looks like none of the three .shader files included has got a "q3map_sun" line (I think that shader creator should balance both q3map_sun and q3map_surfaceLight parameters to find the illumination result he likes for his map). Maybe that shader file is in the package of one of his other maps, that show a similar azure sky?

UPDATE: I PM'd Jan, just asking him to take a look to your post.

I've updated oajgctf1 map, this fixes these bugs, and adds support for Domination, DD, One Flag and Overload game modes. My BSPC seems to be dysfunctional, because the bots are behaving weirdly. Can that be because I've removed botclip walls and clusterportals around the map? AAS file size is just 90 Kb. I guess so, because AAS file compiles fine for the original version, and bots are running everywhere.
Also, when I've compiled the oajgctf1 for the first time, the map was pitch-dark, so I've had to create another shader for illuminated sky. How are you guys compiling those maps? Am I missing something? BTW I'm using latest GTKRadiant.
I'll try to fix bot issues when I'll have some free time, probably next weekend.

Thats my fault; My radiant doesn't load all shader files that i want it to, so i just hack existing files to make it work...and in that work flow i don't always copy over every detail into a seperate .shader file. Anyway:
Code:
q3map_skyLight 250 6
q3map_lightSubdivide 32
q3map_lightRGB 1.0 1.0 0.9
That should be it...you may want to tweak it

As far continueing my work: the 5th of july should be my final (for this semester) exam so after that i should have some time again. I think that would be too late for this pack...

I shall however not consider your work as a fork, but simply as a contribution - hoping to continue bugfixing from there.

The botclip and clusterportals where used to create only small clusters, so low area's per cluster; to avoid bot-stutter with a large number of bots...now this was once relevant to Q3, i do not know how much of the botcode for OA is improved; does it still sometimes stutter? If not, then we don't need botclips and clusterportals.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #776 on: June 17, 2013, 06:50:54 AM »

Once I have a bit of time, I'll update every map on this thread.

As far continueing my work: the 5th of july should be my final (for this semester) exam so after that i should have some time again. I think that would be too late for this pack...

I shall however not consider your work as a fork, but simply as a contribution - hoping to continue bugfixing from there.
The people involved with the pack has voted for a "when its's done" deadline, so there's a lot of time.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #777 on: June 17, 2013, 10:46:12 AM »

Once I have a bit of time, I'll update every map on this thread.

The people involved with the pack has voted for a "when its's done" deadline, so there's a lot of time.

Can we (or you Neon_Knight) open a "Volume Two" thread to start and modify some other jobs (maps) ? I think our mappers jobs will be improved by suggestion of the other member of this forum.

Wink

...sorry for my English, i'm Italian... Tongue

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #778 on: June 18, 2013, 03:51:21 AM »

I've updated oajgctf1 map, this fixes these bugs, and adds support for Domination, DD, One Flag and Overload game modes. My BSPC seems to be dysfunctional, because the bots are behaving weirdly. Can that be because I've removed botclip walls and clusterportals around the map? AAS file size is just 90 Kb. I guess so, because AAS file compiles fine for the original version, and bots are running everywhere.
Also, when I've compiled the oajgctf1 for the first time, the map was pitch-dark, so I've had to create another shader for illuminated sky. How are you guys compiling those maps? Am I missing something? BTW I'm using latest GTKRadiant.
I'll try to fix bot issues when I'll have some free time, probably next weekend.

I tested oajgctf1 alpha 3.

Pros: Various bugs and problems have been fixed, more gametypes are available.  Smiley Thank you! Smiley

Problems:
1) In previous versions, bots did behave weirdly (they tended to stay next to the entrance of the underground tunnel, and only rarely attacked enemy base)... now they behave worse (they stay still most of the time, sometimes even ignore the enemy). I have no idea about the reason. I can see in the editor that the map still does have no item_botroam... however I think they should be attracted by items and gametype objectives anyway, so I don't know what to think. Help from more experienced mappers (Akom, Neon_Knight, Sago...?) would be welcome.

2) Team_neutralobelisk (in the middle of the map, shown in Oneflag and Harvester modes only) seems to me "floating in the air" a little.. maybe it's just a sensation. I opened the map in the editor, I think you should lower it by 8 units (its "origin" should be aligned with the ground). Team_blueobelisk and team_redobelisk origins, instead, seem to be correctly aligned.

3) The Megahealth in the middle of the map should be disabled for Harvester, Oneflag and Domination modes, because having it spawing inside the flag pedestal isn't nice to see (see first screenshot). If you want to still have a megahealth in the middle of the map available in these modes, I would suggest you a possible solution: adding "!gametype/oneflag, harvester, dom" key to the current megahealth, then placing a second megahealth in the lower floor (just under the original one), applying "gametype/oneflag, harvester, dom" key to it. Of course, other possible solutions may include simply moving the flag (plus the domination point and the neutralobelisk) or the megahealth to the other level.

4) A way (jump-pad, ramp or staircase) to reach the place I show in the second screenshot (where I shoot at) is still missing.

5) A single domination point isn't too few? Almost all the action would happen in the middle of the map. Well, maybe that's exacly what you are aiming for.

UPDATE: About bots behaviour, I tried recompiling the map myself from NetRadiant 1.5.
I did only a very quick test, so I did not add this map's shaders to my shaderlist.txt: the map compiled dark, but AFAIK bots don't use light information so I can imagine this should not be a problem. Of course, I can guess this may have caused the compiler did not "read" also other shaders' properties, however the map allows to go from flag to flag without necessarily passing trough "strange" shaders.

However, I experienced the same problems of bots staying still where the spawn.

I paste BSPC log here:
BSPC version 2.0, Jun 21 2000 16:12:44 by Mr Elusive
bsp2aas: test.bsp to test.aas
-- Q3_LoadMapFromBSP --
Loading map from test.bsp...
creating planar surface planes...
searching visible brush sides...
     0 brush sides308 brush sides textured out of 1792
-------- Brush CSG ---------
  1568 original brushes
two tiny brushes
  1080 output brushes
-------- Brush BSP ---------
  1080 brushes
  4551 visible faces
     0 nonvisible faces
  8341 total sides
Win32 multi-threading
     1 threads max
depth first bsp building
  8211 splits
  2374 KB of peak total bsp memory
BSP tree created in     2 seconds
------- Prune Nodes --------
 4042 pruned nodes
---- Node Portalization ----
  4169 nodes portalized
    60 tiny portals
   796 KB of portal memory
  2390 KB of winding memory
------ FloodEntities -------
------- FillOutside --------
  998 solid leaves
  325 leaves filled
  762 inside leaves
AAS_CreateAreas
   762 areas created
AAS_MergeAreaFaces
   189 face merges
AAS_GravitationalSubdivision
    94 gravitational subdivisions
AAS_MergeAreaFaces
    11 face merges
AAS_MergeAreas
   505 areas merged
AAS_PruneNodes
   800 nodes pruned
   351 areas checked for shared face flipping
AAS_MergeAreaFaces
  1224 face merges
AAS_MergePlaneFaces
    17 plane face merges
AAS_LadderSubdivision
     0 ladder subdivisions
AAS_MeltAreaFaceWindings
  1007 edges melted
AAS_RemoveTinyFaces
0 tiny faces removed
AAS_CreateAreaSettings
allocated 603 KB and 684 bytes of AAS memory
AAS_StoreFile
AAS_GetFace: face 1022 had degenerate edge 0-1
   352 areas stored

AAS created in     2 seconds
loading collision map...
CM_LoadMap( test.bsp, 0 )
17 weapon jump areas
calculating reachability...

please wait while storing reachability...
trigger_push start solid
trigger_push not in any jump pad area
trigger_push start solid
trigger_push start solid
trigger_push start solid
calculating clusters...
     0 forced portals
possible portal: 26
possible portal: 174
     1 portals created
     3 clusters created
cluster 1 has 116 reachability areas
cluster 2 has 121 reachability areas
writing test.aas
freed 603 KB and 684 bytes of AAS memory
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 04:33:07 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #779 on: June 18, 2013, 09:02:31 AM »

Hi guys! I've done another test to implement that "pushing" water effect I was looking for.
This time I got quite near, but I think I will abort also this try.

THIS IS NOT UDESTRUCTION V9, this is just a TEST. I did place the "slick" parameter to the floor of the aqueduct, and made it "sloping".
I did not include texture files in this package, hence you first need to have UDESTRUCTION beta V8 installed.

Download z_udest_test.pk3, and place it in your baseoa folder, where you previously placed z_udestruction-version08.pk3
Launch Openarena, and type /devmap udest_test. Go to the aqueduct and try moving, staying still etc.

The result is nice enough, but:
1) For having a good effect, it seems I need the aqueduct to be quite sloping. Well, I did various tests, making the "sloping" more high each time.... but I haven't been able to make the thing completely work as expected... at the end I found out that with "accurate physics" it worked instead -see 2)-, but I didn't lower back the sloping then.
2) Also with the quite high degree of sloping I used, if I run towards "up" in the water, then release the button, the character continues moving (very slowly) in the up direction, until I apply some other "force" that somehow changes my direction. It seems this happens with "framerate dependent physics" and "fixed framerate physics"... while instead, with "accurate physics" (pmove_float, please read DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Game_physics]Game physics wiki page for more info), a short time after I released the button, the character correctly starts going down. Do your own tests with different kinds of physics, and tell me what do you think (I can imagine this could be another bug caused by the Q3 physics rounding error). Maybe one might do tests with more different degrees of sloping.
3) While running towards "down", I still run at 266 ups only, except the last meters, where my speed suddently starts increasing a lot, for unknown reason. UPDATE: I've understood the reason of this: I had not perfectly aligned the water with the ground at the end of the slope. It looks like that if there is an empty space between the water and the "slick" ground, I can get higher running speeds (I can guess in that case the "slick" surface is considered and the water not). Correctly aligning the water with the slick ground makes me move at 266 ups (unless I jump, of course). Placing a such empty space all over the sloping aqueduct, I can get to 800 ups without jumping at all (very high speeds even without touching a key).
4) There is a graphic glitch with the water animation at the top of the "hill"...

I just wanted you to try this and hear your opinions (GrosBedo for example), however I think I will discard this (e.g. I don't want to tie my map to a specific kind of physics, although the pmove_float would simply add some more "realism" to the aqueduct physics, in a game where realism isn't the first need).

Note: IN FUTURE, YOU MAY NEED TO DELETE THIS PK3 TO BE SURE TO AVOID SHADER PROBLEMS
WITH FUTURE UDESTRUCTION VERSIONS. However, I think this should not be necessary, as I used an apposite shader name and shader file for the slick floor.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 06:13:45 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #780 on: June 18, 2013, 09:27:02 AM »

Have you tried with the newer BSPC from the sticky-d thread and DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Bot_play]the bot guide in the Wiki (especially Cardigan's tutorial at the end of the page)?

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #781 on: June 22, 2013, 03:00:11 PM »

I've updated OAJGCTF3 map once more (I did not care to rename the file, so it's still alpha3). Adding back botclip walls did wonders - bots are acting now as they should, running and shooting around. Also I've fixed issues Gig reported - I've added ramps, so you can jump to the side passage, but they possibly making level uglier.

I've checked UDestruction v8, it's good, and my only complaint is that one of flags/domination points is still inside that building, it's hard to find, hard to reach, and hard to defend, because bots jump from under the floor all of sudden and blast me with rocket, but when I'm running to that flag, there's always that jumppad on the way, so I'm jumping to the roof instead of reaching flag.

I've compiled my own BSPC, taken from https://github.com/bnoordhuis/bspc , but it failed to compile .bsp file, which BSPC from GTKRadiant compiled fine. So I've ended up using BSPC from 32-bit Linux build of GTKRadiant, taken here: http://icculus.org/gtkradiant/
The Q3 source code is available from any number of locations you can find with your favorite search engine
Yeah, sure, and most of these locations point to defunct sites with expired hosting.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #782 on: June 23, 2013, 02:27:15 AM »

The Q3 source code is available from any number of locations you can find with your favorite search engine
Yeah, sure, and most of these locations point to defunct sites with expired hosting.

Here you can find the Q3A 1.32b source code:
http://www.desura.com/engines/id-tech-3/downloads/quake-iii-arena-source-code

Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #783 on: June 23, 2013, 04:42:14 AM »

I suppose you meant OAJGCTF1 alpha 3.  Wink

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #784 on: June 23, 2013, 06:46:16 AM »

Well, I suppose we need some RCs so we can show how the work is going, and polish it further.

I have a netbook now (a BenQ Joybook Lite U105). It isn't a gaming 'book by any means, but at least I have "something" to work and it serves for optimization purposes, I guess, isn't it?

I'll be packing the first RC and releasing it next Saturday if you agree.

G One
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #785 on: June 23, 2013, 07:01:16 AM »

It depends on the actual state of the maps, if for the developers there aren't critical bugs i agree with the release of a first RC next saturday.
The most important thing is to release a perfect final release bug-free.

A wiki about free (as in free speech) games: https://libregamewiki.org/
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #786 on: June 23, 2013, 07:09:07 AM »

It depends on the actual state of the maps, if for the developers there aren't critical bugs i agree with the release of a first RC next saturday.
The most important thing is to release a perfect final release bug-free.

I agree with this, all the maps will be released in GPLv2 with sources, any user can modify any map in future. We have to release all the maps as perfect as we can, without BIG bugs.

Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #787 on: June 25, 2013, 01:55:45 AM »

Uhm... I would name it "BETA3" instead of "RC". Hopefully it may act also as RC, too... but I would not bet on that.

- I'm working on UDESTRUCTION V9, but I don't know if I will be able to finish it for Friday (I already know that I will not be able to work on it on Saturday)
- Any news from Moixie? I can rember that his DM map had a problem with the timing of the central jump-pad+its horizontal "door" (when playing on-line, the thing often did not work as expected, with very bad effects). I don't remember if he already released a fixed version of it or not. Maybe he also had to do some tests with placing some item_botroam to make the bots use the jump-pads and the upper floor some more.
- About Moixie's CTF map, maybe he still had to add support for some other gametype, and/or place spawn points more distant from the flags? It's some time I don't try it, I don't remember...
- Jan said he will be able to work on his maps only after July 5th. It seems to me to remember that his oajgdm3alpha5 had some glitch (see linked post), and that there is that other DM map (oajgdm2 maybe?) that still has some teleporters that look like plain walls. I don't remember exactly, but maybe also a couple of teleporters in oajgdm1 had the same problem (next to the "teleporter corridors", there are other teleporters, almost unnoticeable, IIRC).

PS: I haven't tried Pelya's second version of "OAJGCTF1 alpha 3" yet. I will do it ASAP.
UPDATE: I just tested it. Bots work much better now, and other bugs have been fixed. I played it in various gametypes, and it seems funny. Smiley Very well. But unfortunately, even the "now-enlarged platforms" (that allow players to reach the lateral tunnel simply jumping) are not used properly by bots: I ordered my team-mate bots to follow me, but they were unable to perform that jump, and simply fell off the platform.  Embarrassed
And I still see that thin "flickering" effect where two bevels touch, in that area (tested caulk there?).
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 03:06:42 AM by Gig » Logged

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #788 on: June 25, 2013, 03:32:18 AM »

- Any news from Moixie? I can rember that his DM map had a problem with the timing of the central jump-pad+its horizontal "door" (when playing on-line, the thing often did not work as expected, with very bad effects). I don't remember if he already released a fixed version of it or not. Maybe he also had to do some tests with placing some item_botroam to make the bots use the jump-pads and the upper floor some more.
I was constantly falling to the void in mx1dm5 even in local games, this jumppads combo constantly fails. I would rather remove it altogether, or have an oldskool teleporter.

- Jan said he will be able to work on his maps only after July 5th. It seems to me to remember that his oajgdm3alpha5 had some glitch (see linked post), and that there is that other DM map (oajgdm2 maybe?) that still has some teleporters that look like plain walls. I don't remember exactly, but maybe also a couple of teleporters in oajgdm1 had the same problem (next to the "teleporter corridors", there are other teleporters, almost unnoticeable, IIRC).
The problems are in oajgdm2:
In oajgdm1 everything is okay:

PS: I haven't tried Pelya's second version of "OAJGCTF1 alpha 3" yet. I will do it ASAP.
UPDATE: I just tested it. Bots work much better now, and other bugs have been fixed. I played it in various gametypes, and it seems funny. Smiley Very well. But unfortunately, even the "now-enlarged platforms" (that allow players to reach the lateral tunnel simply jumping) are not used properly by bots: I ordered my team-mate bots to follow me, but they were unable to perform that jump, and simply fell off the platform.  Embarrassed
And I still see that thin "flickering" effect where two bevels touch, in that area (tested caulk there?).

Tell me how to do that. Botroam items? More clusterportals? Botclip bridge between the ramps?

BTW it would be nice to do a CTF version of oajgdm3, the map is big enough.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #789 on: June 25, 2013, 04:13:13 AM »

I was constantly falling to the void in mx1dm5 even in local games, this jumppads combo constantly fails. I would rather remove it altogether, or have an oldskool teleporter.
I would make a try with better timing/push. Then, if that would not work, one might opt for a different mechanism, as you suggested. However, I think Moixie should tell.

The problems are in oajgdm2:
In oajgdm1 everything is okay:
Right. Although also the one in dm1 may use a different background, it's not so important.

Tell me how to do that. Botroam items? More clusterportals? Botclip bridge between the ramps?
If a bot does not follow you if you order to do so, I think a botroam isn't enough to fix it (item_botroam is useful to have bots going to certain places by their own). A botclip bridge would not be nice, bots would look like floating in the air.
I suppose that one might place a proper bridge to link the platforms to the lateral tunnel (not so nice looking maybe?), or place a jump-pad on the lower floor from the tunnel, or place an accelerator pad from the platforms to the tunnel (for this last one, maybe it could became too difficult to chase someone that took you flag and escaped that way?).. or maybe placing the accelerator pad somewhere else around the floor of the base? Maybe a classic vertical jump-pad may be the simpler solution...

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #790 on: June 25, 2013, 11:28:28 AM »

Actually, I think I know where the problem is - the end part of these platforms is round, and all round/curved objects are considered "detail" by map compiler, so they are disregarded when calculating .AAS file (correct me if I'm wrong), so bots think that platform is shorter, and cannot jump.
That should also be the reason why bots cannot use jumppad - the floor where they are jumping is a part of a curved brush, but they aim only for solid geometry, which is far away from jumppad.
I'll try to put botclip rectangles beneath all curved floors - they won't hang mid-air this way.
And I don't want more jumppads or bridges - we should fix bots, not the map.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #791 on: June 25, 2013, 12:36:42 PM »

I don't know. Jan's maps have a lot of curved platforms, and bots seem to correctly walk over them. Do you think the problem is only to "jump" on such curved brushes?
I don't know.
Make a try with botclip or playerclip to slightly enlarge the classic brush part... or maybe try to make it nearer to the destination by a few more units (e.g. by laterally enlarge the "u" shaped platform a little).

With "bots cannot use jumppads" do you mean that they only use the ramp to get on the U shaped platform?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 12:42:13 PM by Gig » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #792 on: June 28, 2013, 09:04:18 AM »

Neon_Knight, could you please wait some other days before packaging OACMP1 beta 3?

I've been working hard on my map in these days (mostly textures/shaders polishing, but not only), but I have not been able to complete beta9 in time for today, and I will not be able to work on it for two or three days.

More, I'd like to see if Pelya succedes in fixing bot behavior in that specific part of Jan's map.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #793 on: June 28, 2013, 09:34:57 AM »

OK, I can wait...

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #794 on: June 28, 2013, 10:38:11 AM »

Thank you.  Smiley

A question: do you know a way to align textures on curved brushes? Texture management on curves does not work very well on Q3Radiant... so I tried with NetRadiant, but it seems it's the more or less the same mess.
I changed the texture on the curved walls that surround my map, but in some junctures they don't fit well (although the same texture is used, and I changed it selecting all those curved brushes at the same time). Even manual tweaking "texture offset" on such curve brushes seem to do not work very well (e.g. I change the value, but the image doesn't get updated). Suggestions?

By the way (and this may be interesting also for Akom), maybe I finally learned how to "copy and align" a texture from brush A to brush B in NetRadiant (it's not as immediate as in Q3Radiant): it is in two passages... first I have to click with central button on the source brush (in 3d view window), then CTRL+SHIFT+central button on the destination brush. Maybe I don't even need to have the destination brush actually selected (red).
This works as expected on standard brushes, however does not fix the problem aligning textures on curved brushes.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 11:23:43 AM by Gig » Logged

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #795 on: June 28, 2013, 12:02:18 PM »

Thank you.  Smiley

A question: do you know a way to align textures on curved brushes? Texture management on curves does not work very well on Q3Radiant... so I tried with NetRadiant, but it seems it's the more or less the same mess.
I changed the texture on the curved walls that surround my map, but in some junctures they don't fit well (although the same texture is used, and I changed it selecting all those curved brushes at the same time). Even manual tweaking "texture offset" on such curve brushes seem to do not work very well (e.g. I change the value, but the image doesn't get updated). Suggestions?

Hello Smiley

Tell me what's the problem, you mean that the CTRL+SHIFT+N doesn't work ?
If you want to align a texture from a curved brush with a texture on a normal brush, you will never be able to align those textures. You have to put some kind of tricky brush in the middle.

Can you insert a screenshot ? By the way i think that those curves are ugly if you leave all at the same high size. You can improve the visual impact making them like some kind of hills.

Wink

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #796 on: June 28, 2013, 12:03:34 PM »

Final version of OAJGCTF1 (or at least I hope it's final). Bots now jump from the ramp to side tunnel (maybe in several attempts, but they really do), and they use all jumppads properly. I don't know about a seam between bevels - I did not really notice it. I've made brushes behind it into caulk, and resized textures on bevels, maybe that will fix it.
I'll take a break from map editing, because it was too traumatizing experience Cry
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #797 on: June 28, 2013, 01:11:59 PM »

Hello Smiley

Tell me what's the problem, you mean that the CTRL+SHIFT+N doesn't work ?
If you want to align a texture from a curved brush with a texture on a normal brush, you will never be able to align those textures. You have to put some kind of tricky brush in the middle.
I'd like to align the texture of a curved brush with the other curved brushes that touch it.
By the way i think that those curves are ugly if you leave all at the same high size. You can improve the visual impact making them like some kind of hills.
How could I make also their upper side curved or sloping? Undecided If I just make each one of them of different size, there would be noticeable "steps"...

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #798 on: June 28, 2013, 01:17:48 PM »

Final version of OAJGCTF1 (or at least I hope it's final). Bots now jump from the ramp to side tunnel (maybe in several attempts, but they really do), and they use all jumppads properly. I don't know about a seam between bevels - I did not really notice it. I've made brushes behind it into caulk, and resized textures on bevels, maybe that will fix it.
I'll take a break from map editing, because it was too traumatizing experience Cry

Great and big job.
Now i'm sad thinking to my PM i've sent to you Tongue Tongue Tongue

@Gig: Of course you have to make some kind of "steps", like mountains  Tongue Grin
IF the curved brush A is not of the same size of curved brush ccool you can not align them, sorry.
Any screenshot (little) will be apreciated Smiley

Wink

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #799 on: June 28, 2013, 04:07:01 PM »

Once Gig posts his last version, we're releasing RC1.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 62
  Print  

Jump to: