Poll
Question: Common map naming for OACMP (map dm1/ctf1 as example) [ends 20/12]
oacmpdm01/oacmpctf01 - 2 (28.6%)
oacmpdm001/oacmpctf001 - 0 (0%)
oacmpdm1/oacmpctf1 - 4 (57.1%)
oacmp1dm01/oacmp1ctf01 - 0 (0%)
oacmp01dm01/oacmp01ctf01 - 0 (0%)
Other option (elaborate or your vote won't count) - 1 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 62
  Print  
Author Topic: [REL] OpenArena Community Mappack - Volume 1 - FINAL  (Read 1130889 times)
jangroothuijse
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

« Reply #1100 on: September 30, 2013, 01:13:56 PM »

Bug:
Is it just me, or dont akomctf1 and jgctf1 show up in skirmish under ctf....?

found it:

//CTF01
{
map      "mx3ctf8"
longname   "Turtles Forever"
author      "Moixie"
bots      "sergei kyonshi grism sergei major"
capturelimit   "8"
fraglimit   25
timelimit   "15"
type      "ctf team oneflag dom dd harvester overload elimination ctfelimination"
}
//CTF02
map      "oajgctf1"
longname   "Uphill battle"
author      "Jan Groothuijse"
fraglimit   "25"
timelimit   "15"
bots      "sorceress beret tanisha sarge murielle ghost"
capturelimit   "8"
type      "ctf oneflag harvester overload elimination ctfelimination dom dd team"
}
//CTF03
{
map      "oa_akomctf1"
longname   "Facing Giants"
author      "Akom74"
capturelimit   "5"
bots      "sorceress beret tanisha sarge murielle ghost"
type      "ctf oneflag harvester overload elimination ctfelimination dom dd"
}
missing { before map "oajgctf1"

in scripts/oacmpv1.arena

perhaps make a revision?
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #1101 on: September 30, 2013, 01:27:56 PM »

Remember: for testing/development purposes, this pack should be placed in a vanilla OA folder. This is: no other maps, no other packages other than the official OA packages. And remember to delete/move away every previous version of the pack or the maps.

Thanks Neon_Knight  Grin

@ jangroothuijse: You're right, it's something missing  Embarrassed

...sorry for my English, i'm Italian... Tongue

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1102 on: September 30, 2013, 01:37:57 PM »

Reuploading with the fix... also seizing it to upload the fixed readme.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1103 on: September 30, 2013, 02:53:16 PM »

Reuploaded the file with the arena file correction.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #1104 on: September 30, 2013, 03:15:52 PM »

Reuploaded the file with the arena file correction.

Thanks Downloading.

Wink

jangroothuijse
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

« Reply #1105 on: September 30, 2013, 04:31:10 PM »

in oajgctf1 the skybox is missing, i've looked at it, in this zip: http://sourceforge.net/projects/libsdl-android/files/OpenArena/OACMP/z_zoajgctf1.pk3/download

Pelya added this:
textures/miramar/miramar_sky2
{
   qer_editorimage textures/miramar/miramar_up.tga
   surfaceparm      sky
   surfaceparm      noimpact
   surfaceparm      nolightmap
   skyparms textures/miramar/miramar 1024 -
   q3map_globaltexture
//   q3map_lightsubdivide 512
//   q3map_surfacelight 150
//   q3map_sunExt   1 1 1 40   90 90   3 16
   q3map_skylight 250 5
}
to shaders/miramar.shader;

if it could be added to shaders/oajgctf1.shader at least the skybox is fixed.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1106 on: September 30, 2013, 04:42:29 PM »

That's the version I had long time ago. Once again, reuploading...
EDIT: This will be the last reuploading for today.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1107 on: September 30, 2013, 05:13:59 PM »

OK, Jan's fixes to the shaders applied.
These will be the last fixes for RC1. Every other fix/feature will be left for RC2/Final.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1108 on: October 01, 2013, 12:59:39 AM »

Hey, didn't you wait for me?  Huh
I told you I would have published a V14 with the change required by Akom on Monday or more probably on Tuesday....

I can't live half day of real life and everything changes...  Tongue

Grin Grin Grin

PS:
This is what I feared with shader conflicts: the CTF map and the other map uses miramar/miramar shader for sky... but different versions of it.
If I understood correctly (but I'm not sure), Jan compiled the DM maps without the "q3map_skylight" parameter... while Pelya compiled the CTF map with the "q3map_skylight" pamater. This means that if someone recompiles the maps, the DM ones or the CTF one will result with a different lighting than expected (depending from which version of the shader appears in the official package). Right? I suppose the solution would be to split the shader in two different shaders (miramar/miramar and miramar/miramar2, for example), then update and recompile one of the maps accordingly.
Note: I have not checked if other than q3map_skylight, those two shaders differ also for other things!
(UPDATE: Sorry, see next posts.)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 04:10:00 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #1109 on: October 01, 2013, 04:01:15 AM »

Hey, I've named my shader differently. It's miramar2, but it's still in the same file.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1110 on: October 01, 2013, 04:09:22 AM »

Hi! Here you can download my source images (psd and xcf):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60263008/OA/Under_Destruction_texture_sources.zip
28,8 MB zip.

First notices about the RC1v3 package (just looking inside the package, without launching any map yet):
1 - Some "readme" files are using Linux carriage return format, meaning that are not shown correctly with the (stupid) default Windows Notepad program.

2 - OACMP-Readme.txt mentions the mappack iteself as an "upcomping, in-progress mappack". Of course, this should be changed before the final release!

3 -  "!Sources-docs" folder seems a bit strange for me, for some reasons:
3.1 - What's the reason for that "!" before the folder name?
3.2 - Why are the texture sources all together? Wouldn't it be better to subdivide them respecting their "final" images path tree? Or their authors?
3.3 - Aren't those sources too few? Apart Moixie maps, there are many custom textures used in this mappack. How's possible so few sources for so many textures?
3.4 - I suppose texture sources may be moved to a separate package (the URL for downloading that additional package should be mentioned in main package's readme file): they are not required for playing, and they make the file much bigger ("grass.xcf" takes 17 MB already compressed! And my own textures -28.8 MB zip- are not yet in the package...).

4 - About the "sound" folder: how did "gig01/fountain2.wav" and "gig01/waterfall.wav" sneaked inside the package? Those two files are NOT used anymore, and I did not include them in udestruction V13 pk3 (I advised to discard everything from mine before that pk3, and put that package in the RC to be sure of a clean situation). However, those two files are just "sources" for my map: you can now find "fountain2.wav" inside my "texture sources" zip (at the top of this post), while "waterfall.wav" is just a copy of a file contained in OA 0.8.x PAK0.pk3/world folder. Maybe you may want to have the lower-volume "fountain2.wav" available for use for someone else... however it's not required for my map (while "fountain2_vol2x_44k.wav" and "waterfall_plus2db_22k.wav" are actually used).

5 - About the "sound" folder, I just noticed that "thecrypt_laugh.wav" (used in Akom's map, I suppose) has not its own specific folder... however, if it works, I can guess it's not a real issue.

6 - There are no "map rotation scripts" included.

7 - The "CONTENT" part of OACMP readme file mentions map names such as OACMPDM01, OACMPDM02... OACMPDM10 and OACMPCTF01-OACMPCTF03. As I told before, I think that two-digit numbers are not very smart: I return to suggest to use three-digit numbers (OACMPDM001), or -probably better- "trimmed" numbers (OACMPDM1).

I hope to do not seem "harsh" in any way in this post... It's just that I like things done in the best way as possible, you know...  Smiley  Smiley  Smiley

PS: To Pelya: Sorry, I didn't notice the different name. So, the only problem was that the version of miramar.shader file used in the release was the wrong one, right?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 06:50:48 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1111 on: October 01, 2013, 06:37:52 AM »

Those will be corrected for final release. We aren't in that stage right now.

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #1112 on: October 01, 2013, 08:57:56 AM »

I have to add a couple of things Tongue

One textures is missing !! And the map have no music sound.

In oa_akomctf1 one teleporter work not properly, i have to fix it  Tongue Grin

Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1113 on: October 01, 2013, 09:27:51 AM »

Under Destruction Beta Version 14 is available for download, attached to this post.

*** PK3 only contains .map, .bsp and .aas files: you need UDESTRUCTION V13 or OACMP Beta3 or OACMP RC1 to see textures, etc. ***

Changelog against UDESTRUCTION V13:
- Modified the "house ruins" part a little, by adding a few pieces of higher wall, trying to give a few small defensive spots there, however without transforming it into a good camping area. Also part of the back wall made 4 units higher.
- Made the lateral entrances of the "hall of pillars" higher. Running down from the pillars (while exiting from those doors) required you to release the movement button for a while, if you didn't want to hit the wall... now you can run down directly without having to slow down.
- Lowered "weight" of the item_botroam above the first of the "three jumps".
- Re-added "hint" brushes on the openings of the hall of pillars. Although I have the impression they do not have great effects on this map, I don't remember when or why I did remove them... so I added them again.

Can this be added to the RC1? Or at least uploaded to Pelya's server? Thank you!  Smiley

Those will be corrected for final release. We aren't in that stage right now.
I'm still not very sure about the valence of the current package as an "RC" (it reminds me more about a Beta)... however please set a reminder to really read and consider that post when you will think it will be time to prepare a real "release candidate" package...

@ALL - UPDATE: in oacmpv1.arena file, I noticed that many maps are not listed for gametypes they should theoretically support very well (example: it's quite clear that oa_akomdm3 has to be listed for Elimination and Last Man Standing modes... and I can guess it should work well with TDM, too).
Can anyone double check gametypes supported (or advisable) for his own maps, and tell if something is missing in current oacmpv1.arena file?
As a graphical feedback, the table here:
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/OpenArena_Community_Mappack#Confirmed_maps
may help (although also that table may need some fix! And I fear it's not 100% aligned with the current .arena file... However it currently shows that some maps are underutilized)...

@Akom: Are you sure you don't have conflicting pk3 files, under homepath or basepath? I don't experience those missing textures issues of your screenshot, in oajgdm1... and I hear music there (of course, things pointed out here -e.g. a texture misalignment- still have to be fixed by Jan)...
UPDATE: Ooops.. your screenshot was from oajgCTF1... my fault... well, I still don't notice texture issues there... but you're right, there is no background music played there. Also, its levelshot is still ugly.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 10:36:25 AM by Gig » Logged

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #1114 on: October 01, 2013, 12:40:13 PM »

Oh no, it's the map I've edited! It's not textures that's missing, it's shaders, as always. My .pk3 file has oajgdm2.shader, which contains textures/common/blue_glowing_500 and textures/common/red_glowing_500, I guess that shader was modified since then.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #1115 on: October 01, 2013, 12:58:25 PM »

@Akom: Are you sure you don't have conflicting pk3 files, under homepath or basepath? I don't experience those missing textures issues of your screenshot, in oajgdm1... and I hear music there (of course, things pointed out here -e.g. a texture misalignment- still have to be fixed by Jan)...
UPDATE: Ooops.. your screenshot was from oajgCTF1... my fault... well, I still don't notice texture issues there... but you're right, there is no background music played there. Also, its levelshot is still ugly.

I don't know what to tell you, my OA folder is cleaned from other PK3  Embarrassed Embarrassed .......

-

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1116 on: October 02, 2013, 06:30:39 AM »

@Moixie:
Look at the first screenshot attached, next to the (dot) crosshair. Are those misaligned textures? I noticed more of them, around the lower floor of your DM map.

@Akom/Pelya/Jan:
I don't know, Akom... I see that map correctly. Are you sure you also checked under %appdata%\openarena\baseoa folder? I'd like to know if other people see the map as you see it (shader problems) or as I see it (seeming correct).
I attach here some screenshots about how I see OAJGCTF1 map: the only "strange" thing that I can notice is that those blue lines seem to have different tints (lighter/darker/greenish) on the various faces of the building... maybe it's just due to the different light sources that illuminate them?

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #1117 on: October 02, 2013, 09:05:20 AM »

In the third version of OAJGCTF1 it's all ok, now there isn't any texture missing.
Maybe in the lateral passages jan can insert a source for the light.

Last night i've played online with Jan Tongue

Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1118 on: October 02, 2013, 10:19:11 AM »

Excuse me Akom... I have not understood... what was the problem? That you were using OACMP RC1v1 or OACMP RC1v2 instead of OACMP RC1v3?

PS: What do you think about the changes I did in udestruction V14 trying to follow your suggestion?

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #1119 on: October 02, 2013, 11:19:25 AM »

Excuse me Akom... I have not understood... what was the problem? That you were using OACMP RC1v1 or OACMP RC1v2 instead of OACMP RC1v3?

PS: What do you think about the changes I did in udestruction V14 trying to follow your suggestion?

The texture issue was in the first version, now, in third version, it is fixed  Grin

About Udestruction V14, i think that "pillars" must be higher, what about adding some columns (i mean 2 or 3) ?

Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1120 on: October 02, 2013, 11:31:23 AM »

About Udestruction V14, i think that "pillars" must be higher, what about adding some columns (i mean 2 or 3) ?
Hey, you didn't even try the map! I see it has still got 0 downloads! Please actually test it before....  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #1121 on: October 02, 2013, 11:56:47 AM »

Hey, you didn't even try the map! I see it has still got 0 downloads! Please actually test it before....  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I dont need to download it really, but i have do it.
The response is the same, the "pillars" (wall pieces) must be higher and bigger, not very bigger just a bit. Some "ancient" columns will be apreciated, maybe 2 or 3 randomly placed will be fine i think.

Wink

P.S.: I'm a mapper, i have see immediately that the dimensions are too tiny to cover from snipers Tongue Tongue

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #1122 on: October 02, 2013, 03:45:20 PM »

I've updated my server, but there's an internet outage where it's hosted, I hope it will get fixed soon.
jangroothuijse
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

« Reply #1123 on: October 02, 2013, 03:54:05 PM »

In the third version of OAJGCTF1 it's all ok, now there isn't any texture missing.
Maybe in the lateral passages jan can insert a source for the light.

Yeah, i feel that that map maybe needs some more love...Pelya took over bugfixing from me because i was busy at that time; it seems that now Pelya is even bussier (and that he did not like mapping that much...)...@Pelya would it be OK if i took care of it again?

Last night i've played online with Jan Tongue

Wink

Which was fun! But also sort of productive, these maps are meant to be played in a multiplayer environment, bots are just target practice.

I've updated my server, but there's an internet outage where it's hosted, I hope it will get fixed soon.

That explains that i could not find it...where is it hosted if i may ask?
pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #1124 on: October 02, 2013, 04:57:13 PM »

The server is back online, It's address is 78.27.177.68 port 93, it is called "OA Community Map Pack RC1".
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 04:59:49 PM by pelya » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 62
  Print  

Jump to: