Poll
Question: Common map naming for OACMP (map dm1/ctf1 as example) [ends 20/12]
oacmpdm01/oacmpctf01 - 2 (28.6%)
oacmpdm001/oacmpctf001 - 0 (0%)
oacmpdm1/oacmpctf1 - 4 (57.1%)
oacmp1dm01/oacmp1ctf01 - 0 (0%)
oacmp01dm01/oacmp01ctf01 - 0 (0%)
Other option (elaborate or your vote won't count) - 1 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 62
  Print  
Author Topic: [REL] OpenArena Community Mappack - Volume 1 - FINAL  (Read 1130754 times)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1125 on: October 02, 2013, 07:59:12 PM »

these maps are meant to be played in a multiplayer environment, bots are just target practice.
Yes, but remember: not everyone who plays OA wants to play online (especially with all the uneducated a*holes pestering internet play nowadays).

Good offline play is as important as good online, regardless of what some people thinks.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 03:46:13 AM by Neon_Knight » Logged

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1126 on: October 03, 2013, 02:27:48 AM »

Server seems offline again...  Sad

UPDATE: Now it's online again...  Smiley ... but it seems it has not got udestruction V14 yet.

If you want to organize some online tests, maybe you may try one of the "world time/world planner" services linked DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/FAQ#How_can_I_organize_matches_with_my_friends_all_around_the_world.3F_How_can_I_talk_with_them.3F]here...

Example: a quick test for today, at 15:00 GMT+2 (CEST):
check your local time on Event Time Announcer
(or @583 .beats, if you prefer Swatch internet time).
It's just a very quick test to try the system, I will be connected for a few minutes only... but you may play for longer...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 04:46:53 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #1127 on: October 03, 2013, 09:06:40 AM »

Yes, I've only put OACMP pack file, it's certainly easier for me than updating individual maps. I'll put Udestruction V14 there when I'll get home.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #1128 on: October 03, 2013, 10:20:11 AM »

In the third version of OAJGCTF1 it's all ok, now there isn't any texture missing.
Maybe in the lateral passages jan can insert a source for the light.

Yeah, i feel that that map maybe needs some more love...Pelya took over bugfixing from me because i was busy at that time; it seems that now Pelya is even bussier (and that he did not like mapping that much...)...@Pelya would it be OK if i took care of it again?

Remember to add the ambient music.  Tongue

Wink

...sorry for my English, i'm Italian... Tongue

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1129 on: October 03, 2013, 11:01:56 AM »

I noticed a (very small) bug in oa_akomctf1: the sky part behind the blue base does not have stars...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #1130 on: October 04, 2013, 08:35:26 AM »

I noticed a (very small) bug in oa_akomctf1: the sky part behind the blue base does not have stars...

I've fixed the sky and changed with an original from OA.
In the original UT map there was a similar sky.  Grin

Wink

Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #1131 on: October 04, 2013, 12:03:12 PM »

In the original UT map there was a similar sky.  Grin

Wink

Small inspiration source?

« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 12:05:39 PM by Suicizer » Logged

I'm good at everything but can't do anything...
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #1132 on: October 04, 2013, 02:19:42 PM »

In the original UT map there was a similar sky.  Grin

Wink

Small inspiration source?

It's the one for Sauerbraten ? Very Good  Grin

Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1133 on: October 06, 2013, 02:49:47 AM »

Akom, does your sky shader change affect the illumination of the map?

... and did you actually try udestruction V14, to give more detailed hints about how to improve it?

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #1134 on: October 06, 2013, 03:38:10 AM »

Akom, does your sky shader change affect the illumination of the map?

... and did you actually try udestruction V14, to give more detailed hints about how to improve it?

The light of the map is not changed, i've changed only the textures of the skybox.
Obviously the color of the textures change a little the light but the shader is untouched.

About UdestructionV14, the only thing i can tell you is that you can change the arrows textures.
I mean, the red and blue (CTF) textures in your map are this:

I think theese are better and without misalignement:

Wink

P.S.: Bots seems drunked.....XD....

Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #1135 on: October 06, 2013, 10:45:27 PM »

Bots seems drunked.....XD....

That's probably their newest misleading tactic! Bots are such a sharp and clever opponents...

I'm good at everything but can't do anything...
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1136 on: October 07, 2013, 12:50:58 AM »

Uhm... I have no problem with the current textures, but also these you show are not bad... what's the complete path of those textures?

However, I was asking about the "house ruins" part of the map...

Could you please better explain? Bot play in an important thing, so I'd like to understand their problems...

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #1137 on: October 07, 2013, 09:03:42 AM »

Uhm... I have no problem with the current textures, but also these you show are not bad... what's the complete path of those textures?

However, I was asking about the "house ruins" part of the map...

Could you please better explain? Bot play in an important thing, so I'd like to understand their problems...

I think this kind of unaligned texture as an ugly effect:

However do what you want, i've only noticed this thing.
The folder of the red and blue textures is "proto2" (original of OA).

For BOT roaming, start a CTF game with 4 vs 4 and, as spectator, follow one BOT for all the game and take notice of what path him take and how him roam (i mean like camera-car, not following in fly)

Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1138 on: October 08, 2013, 03:35:15 AM »

I fear there isn't much I can do about bots quickly looking around in a way that makes me feel drunk... :-/
However, as long as they are capable of following game objectives, I think that can work...

Guys, what about an online test today?

15:00 GMT+2 (CEST)
Check you local time here
(or @583 .beats, if you prefer Swatch Internet Time)

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #1139 on: October 08, 2013, 08:49:20 AM »

I fear there isn't much I can do about bots quickly looking around in a way that makes me feel drunk... :-/
However, as long as they are capable of following game objectives, I think that can work...

Guys, what about an online test today?

15:00 GMT+2 (CEST)
Check you local time here
(or @583 .beats, if you prefer Swatch Internet Time)

I'm online now Tongue

EDIT: I'm not online, too much lag..... Rest In PEACE!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 09:05:20 AM by Akom74 » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1140 on: October 08, 2013, 09:23:32 AM »

What a shame... Sad Are you sure you lag there?

I have two small things for Jan, both of them about oajgctf1:
- In the place of the screenshot, are you sure about the texture in the left corner? It's a dark piece (like the lower face) in a grey wall...
- In that map, what about adding a few bullets (machinegun ammo) boxes in the lateral corridors? Not too many, just a few...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 10:05:40 AM by Gig » Logged

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #1141 on: October 19, 2013, 01:22:39 AM »

People, some news ?

The Volume 1 is to be considered finished ?

Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1142 on: October 19, 2013, 04:19:48 AM »

I've been over-busy with my job lately. I have not even opened Radiant in the last two weeks, so I haven't yet applied your post-v14 suggestions (are you still sure those pieces of wall have to be bigger?).

If I remember correctly, there was still a small texture misaligment problem in Moixie's DM map, and a few "looking" corrections that may be applied to Jan's maps (Jan, check a bit back in the thread, like up to a few days before RC1 release... a few texture alignments and a shader properties improvements possible, IIRC. And maybe a few machinegun ammo boxes in lateral tunnels of the ctf map?).

And we have to try your map with the new skybox, Akom. Smiley

Of course, an important thing before being able to consider volume 1 ready, is to do some more online testing. Would you like to try use the tools I used some posts above to set an appointment for online testing?
By the way, has been udestruction v14 uploaded to the test server? I checked last time about a week ago or less, and it wasn't there yet.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 04:24:44 AM by Gig » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1143 on: October 22, 2013, 02:05:55 PM »

Gentlemen, how's your work going on?

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #1144 on: October 22, 2013, 03:06:11 PM »

Gentlemen, how's your work going on?

I'm ok, in oa_akomctf1 i've changed only the textures of the skybox with the OA original's.

I don't know how busy it's GiG, but in think ha want to release another version of Udestruction, i don't know, Gig tell us.

The other mappers seems disappeared...... busy with real life i suppose.  Grin

Wink

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1145 on: October 22, 2013, 03:20:07 PM »

Yep, at this point it will be a late 2013 release at best...

jangroothuijse
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

« Reply #1146 on: October 22, 2013, 03:23:12 PM »

I'll begin fixing in a few days...had some idea's for oajgctf1 but i wont have the time to implement them, so i'll just fix the little glitches.
pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #1147 on: October 22, 2013, 03:38:38 PM »

I've updated Udestruction on server, sorry about that.
@jangroothuijse: please don't forget to move miramar_sky2 and blue/red shaders to the oajgctf1.shader
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 03:42:43 PM by pelya » Logged
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1148 on: October 23, 2013, 12:34:41 AM »

Yesterday I put my hands on Udestruction again. According to Akom's feedback, I made the pieces of wall in the ruined house a bit bigger, and I added a couple of tall columns in front of the building. Now sniping to there from the aqueduct (or from a few other places) should be more difficult.

And I fixed that red/blue arrows texture problem Akom pointed out. Instead of changing texture, I shifted it so the part with the "dots" is not visible anymore.  Smiley

But I noticed a few small problems in the scaffolding area (were already there in V13, I have not checked previous versions). Unfortunately, fixing them caused a clusterportal do to not work anymore as before, so I have to do other tries: I need it working.
I hope to succeed in fixing it this morning... otherwise V15 will have to wait for the next week, due to real life preventing me from working on it anymore this week...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 05:34:47 AM by Gig » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1149 on: October 23, 2013, 05:27:06 AM »

Under Destruction Beta Version 15 is available for download, attached to this post.

*** NOTE: you need UDESTRUCTION V13 or OACMP Beta3 or OACMP RC1 to see textures, etc. ***

Changelog against UDESTRUCTION V14:
1 - Pieces of wall in the "ruined house" are now a bit bigger. And there is a relatively huge new piece of wall that allows human players to use their skill to reach the "battle suit" platform in another way (although I have to admit I don't know why people should actually use this "tricky" path, considering that using the classic jump-pad is much easier and probably also quicker). I hope to do not have created a camping area... and I hope they do not interfere too much with players movement... what do you think?
2 - Placed two tall columns in front of the ruined house (near to the city entrance). Now it should be more difficult to snipe at who's in the ruined house from the aqueduct. Akom, are you happy now?  Cool Trivia: if someone is interested, it's technically possible to strafe-jump from the border of the roof of the "hall of pillars" to the top of a column... although I don't know why someone should do that.
3 - Now the red and blue "arrows" (shown during CTF and a few other modes) should no longer show the part of the texture including the "dots"...
4 - Hopefully fixed a few small brush/patch disalignments in the scaffolding area.
5 - Moved a little the jump-pad of the temple: now it's much less likely to bump your head on the roof!  Grin As a side effect, now it's even easier to use that jump-pad to reach the roof of the house without touching the roof of the temple at all. Smiley
6 - README file UPDATED: previously, I erroneously wrote "Dankar" instead of "Dancar" when naming the one who suggested "Under Destruction" name. Ooops...
7 - Levelshot updated
8 - Restored the "music" key (worldspawn) as it was a few versions ago: without specifying the .ogg file extension. It's a suggested practice DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Music#Quick_notes_about_adding_music_in_maps]here.

Do you like it? Is it ok?

Note: I fear that the "obstacles" in the ruined house area may bring further unbalancing in OneFlag CTF mode (starting from the white flag, reaching the red flag is easier than reaching the blue flag, isn't it?). Should I move the white flag? And what about other modes?

@All:
I will not be available for a few days... in the meanwhile, what about checking your own .arena files as I suggested here (in the "@ALL" section of that post)?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 07:12:44 AM by Gig » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 62
  Print  

Jump to: