Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fileplanet "archived"?  (Read 11007 times)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« on: January 28, 2013, 07:17:40 AM »

Hi! Downloading a file from FilePlanet, I noticed a red area in the upper part of the site, with the following words:
Note: FilePlanet is no longer being updated and is in the process of being archived.

What do they mean with "archived"? Do you think they will keep the current contents in some way, or that it will be totally closed?
FilePlanet still hosts many Q3 addon files, it would be bad if they would be lost forever...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 07:30:54 AM »

Don't worry about it. They aren't going away.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 07:43:58 AM »

There's always ModDB, but yeah, first the sites, then the files. It sucks. :/

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 01:43:57 AM »

Quickly searching on the net, I found some articles mentioning FilePlanet Shutting Down... but they are dated back to may 2012...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: