Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: oaxb51 callvote for capturelimit implemented  (Read 10019 times)
Jakash3
I EDITED ALL MY POSTS OUT LOL!!! TAKE THAT, INTERNET FORUM!!
Half-Nub

Cakes -9

SELF-IMPOSED CENSORSHIP FTW!

« on: January 23, 2013, 02:01:09 AM »

I give up on openarena
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:02:07 AM by Jakash3 » Logged

BY THE WAY I GAVE UP ON OPENARENA
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 02:30:53 AM »

Gig suggested a callvote for capturelimit. I compiled a mod from oaxb51 to implement this. Changes include:

• New callvote command: "ctflimit". Used to change the capturelimit
  • g_minCapturelimit and g_maxCapturelimit cvars
  • Green armor

Compiled mod and source:
http://24.182.9.197/oa/oaxb51/

I'm anxious to try it!  Smiley
Before trying it, two questions:
1) Considering there is already an OAX B51 test mod package, what about using a different name (OAXB51JAK may be an example), to avoid confusion?

2) Why did you use "ctflimit" instead of "capturelimit"? To save characters in the info init string? "Capturelimit" would have been more adapt, IMHO.

UPDATE: I cannot download it. Trying to follow the link, I get "Operation timed out" error.

PS: for who is interested in more infos, the thread talking about the green armor is this: http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=4709
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 02:35:09 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Jakash3
Half-Nub

Cakes -9

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 02:33:58 AM »

I give up on openarena
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:01:58 AM by Jakash3 » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 02:47:52 AM »

..sorry typo wrong address. try again.
Also it's called ctflimit because there's a 12 character limit on callvote commands.
What about "caplimit" instead of "ctflimit", then? Capturelimit is used also in modes different than the classic ctf...
Or do you think that would cause confusion with the "cap" word?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Jakash3
Half-Nub

Cakes -9

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 02:54:10 AM »

I give up on openarena
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:01:50 AM by Jakash3 » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 03:11:42 AM »

Given a quick try.
With devmap, then "/give light armor", I actually get 25 armor points.  Nice! Smiley
We would need a test map with the item in it for a real test...

Tried to /callvote ctflimit 10, with no luck.  Sad
It says "Not allowed here. Vote commands are: [...]" and ctflimit is not in the list.

But it is in the g_votenames variable. I don't know what to think.

PS: once working, it should be added to the ESC menu, too.

Jakash3
Half-Nub

Cakes -9

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 03:29:39 AM »

I give up on openarena
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:01:44 AM by Jakash3 » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 03:42:33 AM »

You are right. I really did an error like a noob! I did not notice the string was repeated two times (that string is quite long). And I even thought "Strange, how is it possible that the string already includes the new option, if it copied the variable from baseoa, that did not exist there?". What a dumb!

After a /reset g_votenames, it seems to work, although I tested it with no other players than me.  Smiley Good work, man!  Smiley

Well, it should be added to the ESC menu to be complete.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:51:20 AM by Gig » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: