Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: [MAP] OA_Suicizer  (Read 144643 times)
Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2014, 12:01:56 PM »

Well, the map looks better and better.

I would say it's nearly done, but I'm sure after playing in public, I'll notice a list of mistakes again (and others will also). Maybe it could be tested on some public server (or even reviewed on lvlworld)?

- The trimming of shot0000 and shot0001 could use some more love (as aligning with the jumppad curve). If it's too tricky, perhaps only at the side of the wall would do in both situations.
- The curves of shot0002 could be aligned way better with the OA logo. I'm not sure the dark green texture fits the new cyan coloured atmosphere anyway.
- As someone else already stated, the jumppad of shot0003 could have some more love. I think some trimming at the sides would help a lot.
- The texture on top of the curve (which is between the rocks and the curve wall) feels not right (how can a grey wall suddenly become purple?). Perhaps some darker coloured texture would fit so.

Maybe some more textureblendings could be used also; the map feels too perfect (there's nothing dirty, broken or ruined about it). Just a small suggestion which shouldn't be weighted that much as other points.

The rest of the map looks great Smiley!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 12:05:43 PM by Suicizer » Logged

I'm good at everything but can't do anything...
Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2014, 12:03:27 PM »

As a continuing reply for the screenies...

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2014, 03:35:01 PM »

Well, the map looks better and better.

I would say it's nearly done, but I'm sure after playing in public, I'll notice a list of mistakes again (and others will also). Maybe it could be tested on some public server (or even reviewed on lvlworld)?

1) The trimming of shot0000 and shot0001 could use some more love (as aligning with the jumppad curve). If it's too tricky, perhaps only at the side of the wall would do in both situations.
2) The curves of shot0002 could be aligned way better with the OA logo. I'm not sure the dark green texture fits the new cyan coloured atmosphere anyway.
3) As someone else already stated, the jumppad of shot0003 could have some more love. I think some trimming at the sides would help a lot.
4) The texture on top of the curve (which is between the rocks and the curve wall) feels not right (how can a grey wall suddenly become purple?). Perhaps some darker coloured texture would fit so.

5) Maybe some more textureblendings could be used also; the map feels too perfect (there's nothing dirty, broken or ruined about it). Just a small suggestion which shouldn't be weighted that much as other points.

The rest of the map looks great Smiley!

1) Explain better, please, it's hard to modify this part with the dimension of the trim (i've tryed but i've leaved as it is...)
2) Don't get it, sorry. I've changed only the texture of the logo with one with a "shine effect"....
3) I'll modify it for the next release Tongue
4) You're right, i will kick this ugly texture and place one better. I've just forgot to do this before Tongue
5) I'll make something.....let me think and prepare yourself Tongue Tongue

Anyone else noticed something else ? Tell me.

Wink

...sorry for my English, i'm Italian... Tongue

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2014, 07:48:30 AM »

- Are you sure about using orange color for the OA logo area (slime glass area)? Maybe something greenish may better fit the slime?
- What do you think about adding one machinegun ammo box somewhere? In the attached screenshot, a couple of places which maybe may be adapt... of course, place it where you think it's better (or where Suizicer thinks it's better): mine is just a suggestion!
- Is the final "longname" of the map going to be "Suicizer - By Akom74", or will be something else?
- I'm not sure if I prefer the current "grey" sky or the previous "azure" one. I don't know.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2014, 04:35:17 PM »

- Added an ammobox for machinegun.
- Changed the texture on top of the curve (see shot).
- Modifyed both trimms on jumppads (see shots). I hope it's ok in that way  Tongue
- OA-Logo now it's green  Grin
- Long name unchanged.

Anyone remember what type of "clip" is needed to block projectiles ? As you can see from the teleporter, you can shoot and the marks remain on walls.

-BUG --> Some textures on curved brushes are not aligned...... Roll Eyes

Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2014, 01:59:38 AM »

Anyone remember what type of "clip" is needed to block projectiles ? As you can see from the teleporter, you can shoot and the marks remain on walls.
"Common/weapclip" blocks bots, players and shots.

Alternatively, if you just don't want marks to remain on teleporter surface, you may set "surfaceparm nomarks" in the teleporter effect shader...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2014, 05:14:50 AM »

It's becoming harder and harder to find anything that could be improved ^^.

I still have a certain point, but it's better to explain it with screenshots.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2014, 06:01:12 AM »

More cool jump pads/accelerator pad shaders, maybe?

Metal plates under weapon spawn points may show some "reflection-like" effect, maybe? Or alternatively, include cracks in the texture?

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2014, 09:33:31 AM »

I still have a certain point, but it's better to explain it with screenshots.

Thanks, but watching the others OA maps, i think it's time to watch at another project.
I've OACMP Volume 2 incoming Tongue

@Gig: .....please....  Roll Eyes Grin

Wink

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2014, 09:53:13 AM »

Yeah, now that Suicizer has finished, it's Gig's turn. Tongue

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2014, 10:31:32 AM »

I've OACMP Volume 2 incoming Tongue
Currently, I don't have more things to suggest about oa_sucizer.

About OACMP Volume 2, it hasn't even officially started yet (and you already have various maps for it almost complete). It's not even clear who wants to partecipate to the project, apart from you, me and NK...

And I haven't yet understood if you plan to release oa_suicizer as:
- A standalone map
- An OACMP Volume 2 map
- An official OA3 map
- Two or three of the above (optionally in different versions)...

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2014, 10:40:20 AM »

OACMPv2 started officially since I've opened the OACMPv2 topic.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2014, 11:03:54 AM »

OACMPv2 started officially since I've opened the OACMPv2 topic.
Wasn't that just a "gauging interest" topic?
"Gauging interest: OpenArena Community Mappack Volume 2 "

Oh... you are planning to modify the title of the thread as we progress, then...

I thought you would have started another one after OACMPV1 v4 release...

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2014, 11:52:26 AM »

1v4 wasn't originally meant to exist. Likewise with 1v2 and 1v3. And OACMPv1 should have been released six months ago with OACMPv2 being released these days. All of that was part of the original plan. But, well... things happened. -.-

Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2014, 11:53:16 AM »

Metal plates under weapon spawn points may show some "reflection-like" effect, maybe? Or alternatively, include cracks in the texture?

Well, if you make the map "ruined", do it right and make it seriously devastated (not just a few cracks and voila).

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2014, 12:32:57 PM »

Well, if you make the map "ruined", do it right and make it seriously devastated (not just a few cracks and voila).

Wait wait, i don't have any idea to make the map ruined or something like this. It's a Gig idea and he have the original .map file, if he want to make a ruined version and place it here to give us the possibility to test it, he can.

By the way i'm making a couple of tests and hope to give another playable version, if there are another change to make just tell me.

Wink

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2014, 12:55:40 PM »

IMHO there's no need to make the map ruined.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2014, 01:27:58 PM »

Slow with "It's Gig idea"...

With the current look of the map, I would prefer a "shiny" effect for those plates under weapons... But I mentioned a ruined plate version as possible alternative due to the "point 5" Suicizer and Akom mentioned here:
http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=4835.msg50382#msg50382

From those posts, I had the impression Suicizer said "what about making the map look more ruined?" and Akom replied "okay, I'll do". But maybe I misinterpreted their posts there?

I don't feel the map requires being rusted, but if you do, also those plates may be rusty.
If the map is clean, those plates may be shiny instead. Decide yourself the overall look of the map.

UPDATE: FIXED the url linked above
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 03:32:13 PM by Gig » Logged

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2014, 01:43:59 PM »

@Gig: LOL !! I was just kidding  Grin Grin

However, here is the latest and modifyed map:

- New texture for the launch pad.
- Now mark don't remain on the teleporter.
- Other minor things Tongue

In the attachment you can grab the modifyed version.

Tell me if you like my "tricks" to avoid textures misalignement  Tongue

Wink

Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2014, 01:49:55 PM »

IMHO there's no need to make the map ruined.

Neither would I make so. That doesn't really fit the theme. However, some scratches and dirt are always welcome (there are rocks outside the map, why not dirt from those rocks inside the map?)
However, some water and grate would fit the theme. I think shot0002 and shot0003 would be a good location for it. Observe screenshot_33194 to get a proper idea what I actually mean. The grate should let explosives like grenades and rockets go through.
The LG could be moved more towards the other side of the pillar, as it's actually too close to the RL (I've never been font of the LG spawn actually; just didn't come up to cover the teleport by some arch =P). It's marked on shot0000.
There still is a geometry misalignment at the RL spawn, as shown in shot0001.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 01:58:09 PM by Suicizer » Logged

Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2014, 01:56:30 PM »

As a continuing reply for the screenies...

Just noticed there's a new file uploaded, but all changes within that update isn't applying on that comment.
The RA should be a little more towards the wall, according to shot0004 (not as much as the arrow shows, but just a bit). The same counts for the RG.
The trim which is next to the wall in shot0002 should overlap until the start of the curve (as it looks quite odd now).
The cove on shot0001 could use some clipping, as you can get stuck there.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 02:29:43 PM by Suicizer » Logged

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2014, 02:08:24 PM »

Err, i can't see it, maybe it's a different version ? ....tell me if you find the same issue in the latest version i've posted above.

About your suggestions, what about insert slime and not water under the grate ? Tongue

Wink

Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2014, 02:27:40 PM »

Err, i can't see it, maybe it's a different version ? ....tell me if you find the same issue in the latest version i've posted above.

About your suggestions, what about insert slime and not water under the grate ? Tongue

Wink

Well, as long as it fits the aqua-coloured atmosphere, I wouldn't mind. So perhaps aqua-coloured slime Tongue?

P.S.
I've edited my previous post in the time you made yours.
The misalignment is still there at your latest version.

Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2014, 02:37:03 PM »

After wandering around the map once more, I've found some good locations to add some detail like a pile of dirt.
Adding stuff like dirt adds a way more natural feeling to maps, so it's a pretty good improvement. It also is a good idea if you want to avoid the "ruined" theming.

That corner of the stairs and the wall could use it, as it's pretty empty right now (see shot0001).
The diagonal positioned triangle could be replaced for a pile of dirt (see shot0000).

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2014, 04:28:04 AM »

Small glitch found.
Look at the accelerator pad from the upper side and from the lower side (compare screenshot attached). Looking at it from the lower side, I have the impression there is a small see-through-brush glitch.

Also, on the upper side, the trim brushes do not seem perflectly aligned.

PS: To solve the issues Suizicer pointed out with the last two screenshots of this post, what about just enlarging the main wall as necessary?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 05:43:45 AM by Gig » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: