Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: [MAP] OA_Suicizer  (Read 144662 times)
Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2014, 06:18:00 AM »

Small glitch found.
Look at the accelerator pad from the upper side and from the lower side (compare screenshot attached). Looking at it from the lower side, I have the impression there is a small see-through-brush glitch.

Also, on the upper side, the trim brushes do not seem perflectly aligned.

PS: To solve the issues Suizicer pointed out with the last two screenshots of this post, what about just enlarging the main wall as necessary?

According to the screenshots you've provide it doesn't look like glitches to me.
Enlarging to curve of the is harder as it looks like; the mountain has to be changed also (as well as the clipping). So just filling that little space up with the trim is easier.

I'm good at everything but can't do anything...
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2014, 07:53:19 AM »

According to the screenshots you've provide it doesn't look like glitches to me.

It's very, very small... but it really looks like a glitch, to me.
From upside, you see it as solid metal (no hole), from downside you can see (but not shoot) through it...

Update: Added two more screenshots which better show which one is probably the brush which is causing the glitch. Maybe that face is "caulked" because Akom originally planned the jumppad platform to reach the wall? Just guessing...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 07:58:20 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2014, 09:36:36 AM »

It's NOT a glitch, simply a brush that leave a tiny space from the wall. However i've fixed it  Tongue Cheesy

I'm working to place slime and grids  Grin

Wink

...sorry for my English, i'm Italian... Tongue

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #128 on: February 19, 2014, 12:32:12 PM »

Update  Smiley

I've inserted grids and slime, removed the angle at below the launch-pad.
No dirty piles..... Tongue

Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #129 on: February 20, 2014, 03:21:00 AM »

The grate should let explosives like grenades and rockets go through.
Are you sure about this? This would change the gameflow of the lower floor considerably, lowering the effectiveness of those weapons (especially grenades, which are already not so useful by their own), and make it impossible to rocketjump from there.

I'm not telling "don't do it", I'm just asking "are you sure about it?"... However, that affects two relatively small areas...

PS:
[OT] Is just an impression of mine, or the shotgun in this screenshot resembles a question mark? LOL ! Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 04:46:43 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #130 on: February 20, 2014, 11:28:52 AM »

If no one have other suggestion i will upload the latest and modifyed version in any moment.
Tell me.

Wink

Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #131 on: February 20, 2014, 03:43:19 PM »

If no one have other suggestion i will upload the latest and modifyed version in any moment.
Tell me.

Wink

If you don't add such piles, at fill up the empty space nect to those stairs..

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #132 on: February 20, 2014, 03:47:25 PM »

Tell me.

Wink

Some crates will be ok ?

Wink

Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #133 on: February 20, 2014, 05:18:55 PM »

Tell me.

Wink

Some crates will be ok ?

Wink

Why no pile of ground which uses the sametexture as the one on the mountain??

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2014, 01:26:48 PM »

Hi to all  Grin

Update !

If it's all ok for Suicizer i think this time the map it's done and complete.

Updates:

- Fixed the launch pad.
- Fixed some minor things Tongue.
- Added some pile of dirt.
- Fixed some textures misalignement.
- Added some slime and grids.

Know Bugs:

- None, if you find please tell me.

In the attachment you can find the latest version of the map.

Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2014, 04:33:49 AM »

The launchpad now reaches the wall, but the "see-through" glitch while looking at it from downside is still there (see screenshots).
Maybe you misinterpreted my previous posts: the problem was not the launchpad not touching the wall (however maybe it's better now... but the platform "support staff" isn't aligned centered anymore), but was that small glitch you can still see.

PS: I'm still not sure about the "shots through grate" thing, however Suicizer decides.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 10:53:23 AM by Gig » Logged

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #136 on: February 22, 2014, 12:26:23 PM »

Fixed the glitch found by Gig, thanks  Grin Grin

@Suicizer: What about this latest version, it's all ok ?

Wink

Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #137 on: February 25, 2014, 11:54:45 AM »

Fixed the glitch found by Gig, thanks  Grin Grin

Wink

Probably one of the last things to mention;

It's great to see you've added the piles after all, but could you use some kind of shader (or is it an actual setting in the radiants?) to blend the dirt smoothly with the floor together for some units?
Look at the screenshot which I've provided of a map I made on Cube Engine 2. It contains exact my idea; the rock is blended with the sand for a narrow stroke.

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2014, 12:57:08 PM »

Fixed the glitch found by Gig, thanks  Grin Grin

Wink

Probably one of the last things to mention;

It's great to see you've added the piles after all, but could you use some kind of shader (or is it an actual setting in the radiants?) to blend the dirt smoothly with the floor together for some units?
Look at the screenshot which I've provided of a map I made on Cube Engine 2. It contains exact my idea; the rock is blended with the sand for a narrow stroke.

I'm sorry to tell you that i'm not able to do this "blend" thing  Tongue

-.-"

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #139 on: February 25, 2014, 01:44:06 PM »

That reminds me that I need to do the Terrain tutorial...

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #140 on: February 26, 2014, 08:25:06 AM »

Sock has an article about terrain blending, which includes the required shaders.

This space is for rent.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #141 on: July 17, 2015, 03:42:29 AM »

Hi every one.

I'm back to give you the last version of Oa_Suicizer map.

Please, give me some feedback and enjoy the map  Grin

@Suicizer: as you can see, i don't have any experience with texture-blending and i have make the blend thing with a texture trick Tongue Tongue

Here is the Download Link:
Code:
https://app.box.com/s/cgopmfhlsh3tmphpciby

Note: The two "new" textures are taken from OA original textures and edited on my own, and yes, the textures are free to use Cheesy

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #142 on: July 17, 2015, 04:23:59 AM »

The map plays good as usual.  Smiley
I'm not 100% sure about these "fake blended" areas...

PS: It looks like it's months simonoc's website does not work.
So, here it is the link to still read his "terrain" tutorials thugh Internet Archive: https://web.archive.org/web/20140820044329/http://www.simonoc.com/pages/articles.htm (downloads seem to be working, too).
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 05:10:16 AM by Gig » Logged

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #143 on: July 17, 2015, 08:29:39 AM »

The map plays good as usual.  Smiley
I'm not 100% sure about these "fake blended" areas...

Probably i know what you mean, but i'm waiting for Suicizer response about the last changes Tongue

Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #144 on: July 17, 2015, 08:40:08 AM »

Quote from: Akom74

Probably i know what you mean, but i'm waiting for Suicizer response about the last changes Tongue

Wink

I mean:
- The part of the texture where the two materials are blended may be wider, to have a more soft transition. About transparency, not blur.
- Orientation of metal part of the texture isn't aligned with the rest of the metal surfaces it touches (not so easy to fix, I fear).

PS: This map is so cool it would be worth of a cooler "jumppad" shader. Probably already said in past, sorry.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 08:51:35 AM by Gig » Logged

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #145 on: July 17, 2015, 10:17:23 AM »

Tried it, looks good, should play nice.

This part looks a bit confined. Is it possible to make a part of this column transparent, or make windows in it? It's actually fine as it's now, I'm just being picky.

Transparent roof please?

I can jump there, nice!

Why is this not a secret or a teleport?

I would prefer this part to be the sky instead of the dirt wall, to make the map feel more open, but dirt wall is okay too.
Also I cannot rocket-jump there to that dirt wall, but it's minor annoyance.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #146 on: July 17, 2015, 12:47:58 PM »

Thanks for feedback and suggestions Cheesy

However, i'm waiting for Suicizer response to edit the map.

Wink

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #147 on: July 17, 2015, 01:46:40 PM »

Akom, would you consider updating that gif in your signature to Windows 10, in two weeks?
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #148 on: July 17, 2015, 04:22:20 PM »

Quote from: Pelya

Why is this not a secret or a teleport?
Maybe secrects may risk to slow down the pace... this is meant to be a "pro" map...

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #149 on: July 17, 2015, 04:51:17 PM »

Maybe secrects may risk to slow down the pace... this is meant to be a "pro" map...

Okay, how about shooting this logo would reveal an exclusive pin-up photo of fromhell's Sorceress? No need to hide any armor or weapon behind it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: