Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Local Server Not Running (Windows XP)  (Read 11107 times)
*Ruthless*
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« on: September 23, 2013, 08:38:07 PM »

I am trying to run my local server on my Windows XP machine. I run the server using a .bat and in the console it shows that the server is running, but when i go to dpmaster, the server does not show.

I also check using my OpenArena browser, and it only shows when I have Local selected. In my router I am using 27960 for both and it usually works when I do that.

Can someone please tell me the problem?
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 01:00:19 AM »

There can be many different problems.

Did you already read (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Multiplayer and (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Servers ?

First of all:
1) are you sure your firewall allows outgoing traffic on UDP port 27950, for contacting the master server?
2) Are you sure people outside your LAN can connect to your server by specifying its IP address (well, your external IP address!), although they don't see it in the server browser?
3) Are you sure you are running "dedicated 2" mode?

By the way, what's in your .bat file?
And what do you mean with "for both"?

PS: If you want it listed on dpmaster, then you are trying to run an "internet server", not a "local" server (an internet server can still accept local clients, don't worry).
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 01:38:02 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: