Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stats from demos  (Read 6825 times)
capodecima
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: September 25, 2013, 07:57:32 AM »

Is this possible ? And if yes is there some program for it, friendly with windows ?
grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 11:07:15 AM »

A demo only contains a dump of the packets that were sent to one client. That client might not have been sent each and every event that happened on the server, mostly because he was in another area of the level.
Could you be more specific with "stats"? Kills, deaths, shots, accuracy, capture times? You can extract most of those from a demo file, but doing so depends very much on the mod that has been used during recording.
There are a few command line tools to dump some info about demo files, but I'm not aware of any (GUI) program which prints any kind of stats.

This space is for rent.
capodecima
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 12:07:03 PM »

yes i want simple stats from CTF, kill, deads, capture, etc.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 01:12:48 AM »

You may try to send a PM to Grosbedo: he created a "serverside demos" system, that I can guess should contain more infos than standard demos.

Serverside demos thread: http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=4437.0

Of course, that stuff is not yet in any official OA release (I fear it's not even in the SVN), so probably no real servers are actually using it.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
*Ruthless*
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 04:11:08 PM »

What is the possibility of making this work? Someone making a program?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: