Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Gamemode  (Read 8125 times)
[ERROR_42]
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

If you can read this, then you don't need glasses

« on: December 08, 2013, 04:02:43 PM »

it would be interesting to see a "Horde" mode, sort of like CoD zombies. Players would team up, and fight hordes of... something. Maybe a custom enemy.

Whenever someone says "Use a mod" I cut myself. I've almost bled to death a couple of times (No, not really.)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 04:20:43 PM »

Kind of Invasion from UT2004? It's a neat idea. And would fit OA. Then again, we need 3D modellers who can export into OA's format.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 06:55:15 AM »

Kind of Invasion from UT2004? It's a neat idea. And would fit OA. Then again, we need 3D modellers who can export into OA's format.

Perhaps you could use certain existing models for it instead. Like the humanic character fight against the hordes of mechanic or monsterious themed characters.

I'm good at everything but can't do anything...
[ERROR_42]
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 06:02:35 PM »

Will it be added?

Whenever someone says "Use a mod" I cut myself. I've almost bled to death a couple of times (No, not really.)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 01:18:31 AM »

Will it be added?
Hard to tell. Very unlikely at short-term... maybe in long term. The problem here is that, while we have various people capable of making maps, we have very few people who put their hands on gamecode to fix bugs and to add new features, and only one artist who makes 3D models. Development of OA is very slow....  Embarrassed

By the way, if you want to fight monsters, you may try "Save the Universe" and "Escape from Hell" modes of "Hunt" Q3 mod.
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/ModCompat/Hunt
Note: you really should read the compatibilty infos in that wiki page to be able to play it under OA.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 04:52:24 AM »

Will it be added?

The more knowledge you know about coding, the higher the chance would be for inclusion. If not, perhaps start your own mod.

I'm good at everything but can't do anything...
[ERROR_42]
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 11:26:36 PM »

Will it be added?

The more knowledge you know about coding, the higher the chance would be for inclusion. If not, perhaps start your own mod.

So... No?

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 11:22:16 AM »

Just a small note: maybe you may like to try the "Hunt" q3 mod:
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/ModCompat/Hunt

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: