Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenArena Community Mappack Volume 1 v3 Re-Release  (Read 319870 times)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #150 on: February 05, 2014, 05:05:05 AM »

Oh, I knew I forgot something. -.-
I've made it model, but I forgot to place the model in the map. -.-

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #151 on: February 06, 2014, 11:46:30 AM »

ctf1 is giving me headaches. -.- Now I'm experiencing pelya's mentioned glitches.

While I fix this, here are the modified dm1 (no beams, lowered lighting, coffins back), dm2 (without fog), dm5 (hopefully, definitive version, sparklies won't be fixed) and dm7 (v3+new lighting+new placement+extras in the middle area).

http://www.onykage.com/files/armageddonman/!oacmp/zz_oacmpdm1257.pk3

The v3 versions of dm3, dm4, dm6 and dm8 will be kept.

dm10 will be udv19.

The only ones remaining are dm9, ctf1 (everything sans those two glitches) ctf2 (v3+botfix+quadfix) and ctf3.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #152 on: February 06, 2014, 12:10:51 PM »

Sorry, I only had the time for extremely quick try for today.

- DM1: seems good at a first look. Did you also remove those light beams which actually worked? However, I can guess that's not a real problem, considering they also at that small glitch...

- DM2: seems good... Is that black background on that jump-pad on purpose? (first screenshot)

- DM5: What are the differences from the version from yesterday? Bevels continue to do not get "marks on walls", and the rocket launcher is not centered. However, those are just minor details which do not really matter...

- DM7: Lamps seem to be more similar to "classic" version, right? And you moved quad higher to induce human players to use the hard path, right? Lower part (looking from downside) is still dark, but the main problem is that item placement has got something strange: there are some places marked as "weapon spawn area" where nothing seems to spawn (second screenshot). And some weapons have minor items next to them, while others not (in this map, one would have expected symmetrical item positioning -although with different items-).

I hope Pelya may do better testing.
I have to run, now.
Bye guys!

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #153 on: February 06, 2014, 12:54:21 PM »

dm2: No, that wasn't on purpose. I don't know why I haven't seen it yet...

dm5: "Marks on walls" won't be fixed. It's a limitation of the engine. It's not really that important.
Also, I thought the RL was centered...

dm7: Oh, yeah, damn me. -.- I forgot to move that.

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #154 on: February 06, 2014, 07:29:46 PM »

Pretty sure polygonoffset in the shader could fix that mark problem...

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #155 on: February 07, 2014, 02:01:17 AM »

dm5: "Marks on walls" won't be fixed. It's a limitation of the engine. It's not really that important.
Uh? IIRC, in the original versions from Jan, those were working correctly. Did you change something like making them "mapobject", maybe? However, I agree that's not important.
Also, I thought the RL was centered...
See attached screenshot. I see it on the left, and not in the middle of the platform. However, that's not a real issue.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #156 on: February 07, 2014, 02:35:58 AM »

No, I haven't turned it into a mapobject at all. I've just reworked the entire platform so it doesn't generate the BSP hole it was showing. Though turning it into a mapobject would have been a good idea...

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #157 on: February 10, 2014, 07:34:54 AM »

I've made some more testing (still hoping someone else will do)...
I used team deathmatch mode and ordered a bot to follow me, to see if I noticed bot navigation problems that way.

Dividing into more posts due to the four-screenshots limit...

OACMPDM1:
- It looks like (two?) torches near to the portable medkit are not touching the wall (Strange, I thought that was fixed before).
- The ground around the "Akom74" tomb is strangely black (first screenshot)
- The recess on the left of that one (not visible in the screenshot) now does not have a coffin anymore... but the "weaponclip" invisible-but-solid brush is still there!

OACMPDM3:
- The place of the second screenshot (where the wall brush touches the bevel) has got "small white dots" problems, although they are not shown in the screenshot itself. I suppose that will be "won't fix" (it's a minor issue), however I notify it.

OACMPDM4:
- IIRC, there are "bot do not enter" brushes which close the "doors" which bring to the Invulnerability platform. However bots may get to that platform by jumping down from the upper floor. And then? Look at the third screenshot, the bot gets stuck there (to get away from there without passing though "botdonotenter", the only alternative is suicide)... As I told something like a year ago, maybe placing "donotenter" as borders of the "boardwork" may have been better than placing it on those doors?

OACMPDM6:
- Black line appearing at bevel border (on the right of the fourth screenshot), similar to "white dots" problems maybe.
(DM6 continues on next post)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 08:07:36 AM by Gig » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #158 on: February 10, 2014, 07:42:56 AM »

(continues from previous post)

OACMPDM6 (continues)
- This megahealth (first screenshot) is shown partially in the ground. I don't consider it a real issue, but I point it out.

OACMPDM8
- Second screenshot: it looks like the bot is not able to get to the upper floor using that bouncepad? It repeatedly jumps but falls back to the ground...
- Maybe botclip in the area of the third and fourth screenshots may be more accurate? I can understand botclip helps bot navigating there, but maybe in the last screenshot it's a bittle too much floating in the air? Not sure if this is worth anything (may cause further problems?), but I point it out anyway...

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #159 on: February 10, 2014, 08:16:26 AM »

You know what? I want to be done with this. I have already took a stance about what will be fixed and what won't.

Little glitches ("white/yellow dots" a.k.a. "sparklies") won't be fixed.
BIG bugs/glitches (BSP holes and items not appearing, for example) will be fixed.

I don't want to spend any more time on this pack. I can't believe we're still dealing with this.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #160 on: February 10, 2014, 08:19:54 AM »

Also, don't expect testing from people who hasn't appeared when we really requested them. They are only going to give it AFTER the release. In fact, I bet that someone who hasn't appeared at all in this year and a quarter will come only to complain about the pack after v4 was released. They always do that.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #161 on: February 10, 2014, 09:19:00 AM »

I'm not telling everything has to be fixed. I point them out, you decide.
Those glitches that are there since a long time, probably are not so important (otherwise they would have been noticed before). Although I expressed some dubt about a few bot-related things something like a year ago.

But I think problems caused by latest changes (from those mentioned in my two posts above, those about dm1) should be fixed.

PS: Also I wish to see V4 out. Smiley

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #162 on: February 10, 2014, 10:12:17 AM »

Botclip is solid for BOTs, the player and the bullets go in and out this brush, but for BOTs is walkable.

For DM4, it's not completely true, if in the map there is only one BOT, he remain at the invulnerability and don't move (but non all BOTs, and not always), in a deathmatch with other BOTs, as spectator i can see that the 90% of the suicides are for bad jumping or shooted by another BOT, in normal walking BOTs go -> take the items -> and go on.

Wink

...sorry for my English, i'm Italian... Tongue

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #163 on: February 10, 2014, 10:51:58 AM »

Botclip is solid for BOTs, the player and the bullets go in and out this brush, but for BOTs is walkable.

For DM4, it's not completely true, if in the map there is only one BOT, he remain at the invulnerability and don't move (but non all BOTs, and not always), in a deathmatch with other BOTs, as spectator i can see that the 90% of the suicides are for bad jumping or shooted by another BOT, in normal walking BOTs go -> take the items -> and go on.

Wink

Who said botclip? About dm4, I mentioned botdonotenter...

However I can guess that's not a so common problem by the fact I haven't noticed bots "standing still" there during normal deathmatches. But I haven't spent too much time spectating at that place: when playing I see that spot only occasionally.

In the test I did, I was roaming the map with a teammate bot which I ordered to follow me. Sarge followed me there (he jumped from the upper floor), but then did not follow me when I left the boardword. No other bots in the arena.

Gig from cell phone.

Update: spectated some minutes a ffa with various bots. They go there rarely enough. When they do, sometimes die in the void, sometimes take the door and continue fighting. I can guess the rate is acceptable... I'm not sure if the default bots of that map is one of those who better play it (during those minutes of testing, Kyonshi was the bot with better scoring, but I don't remember if I ever seen her on the boardwork...).

Ps: Android port comes useful also for spare time testing. Nice! Cheesy Of course, having it including a non-definitive package is an anomaly, but...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 11:12:05 AM by Gig » Logged

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #164 on: February 10, 2014, 01:05:09 PM »

Wink

Who said botclip? About dm4, I mentioned botdonotenter...

Sorry, i was meaning OACMPDM8 for BotClip.  Tongue

Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #165 on: February 11, 2014, 03:45:39 AM »

Sorry, i was meaning OACMPDM8 for BotClip.  Tongue
Then, I know what botclip is. And I can also guess the reason why it's there (bots do not like round structures too much, they do prefer simple, axial brushes). Simply, I said that maybe it may have been placed a bit more accurately there, to limit the "flying bot" effect a little. However, that's not a real issue.  Smiley

PS: I checked in the editor, and "botdonotenter" is just named "donotenter".  Smiley

NK, how's going with the last problems? (dm1, ctf1, idontrememberwhatelse apart from dm2 jumppads with black background and dm7 misplaced items)

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #166 on: February 11, 2014, 02:52:41 PM »

But I think problems caused by latest changes (from those mentioned in my two posts above, those about dm1) should be fixed.
In this case I should include the v3 versions, whether they have bugs or not.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #167 on: February 11, 2014, 03:39:50 PM »

Uh? Those issues with dm1 should be very easy for you to fix.

For the rest, you did a lot of work in these weeks, why should you discard it?

(Note: I'm not sure you correctly interpreted what I meant with the previous post. I was talking about the bugs introduced in dm1 with the changes of the last two days).
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 04:00:28 PM by Gig » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #168 on: February 15, 2014, 07:47:14 AM »

Oh, only dm1, isn't it?

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #169 on: February 16, 2014, 11:01:31 AM »

About dm1, I was saying it's almost perfect... just please fix those few problems (torches again not touching the wall, etc... see previous posts).

For the other maps, I can remember dm9 was too dark (was compiled without sky shader), latest dm7 version had some items misplaced, latest ctf1 had major glitches (fixing them would be better... in case it's not possible, rolling back to v3 may be an option -but careful with those texture folder in that case). Latest dm5 was ok, maybe (the rocket launcher not perfectly centered isn't a real issue)?
I cannot do a better recap now... I got a bit "lost" in post-v3 changes and I'm writing from phone.

I hope someone else may do a better recap of the situation.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #170 on: February 17, 2014, 09:00:20 AM »

v4 will be published at the end of the month. There's just too much work to be done.

(GDMITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!)

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #171 on: March 02, 2014, 09:35:45 AM »

Any news about Volume 1 release ?

Wink

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #172 on: March 02, 2014, 09:45:23 AM »

It will be released when it's done. It will be called "OACMP1 Forever". (?)

In all seriousness, I have told that February wouldn't leave me with the time I had in January. March won't be different in that regard, if worse. Also, nothing ensures me that Gig won't complain and request another beta after I release this beta, and honestly, for a pack whom which we should have moved on from a month and a half ago, this is demotivating.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 10:02:46 AM by Neon_Knight » Logged

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #173 on: March 02, 2014, 12:21:30 PM »

Do you need some help ?

If you want i can modify the maps and leave to you only the compiling process.
Tell me.

Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #174 on: March 07, 2014, 01:48:02 AM »

Hi all!

Searching for a way to better illuminate my new oacmp volume 2 map (this time, I'm working with GTK/NetRadint), I found this page:
http://q3map2.robotrenegade.com/docs/shader_manual/light-emitting-shaders.html
Maybe switching from q3map_sun and q3map_surfacelight to (q3map2-specific) q3map_sunext and q3map_skylight may help better illuminating some maps?

http://q3map2.robotrenegade.com/docs/shader_manual/

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to: